JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I received these photos from a friend with the story. It is the real deal. Its out of a private collection.
In the last photo you can see bits of leather from the holster still stuck in the steel.
Damage was most likely cause by a German 88.

Today I was able to hold and photograph something that absolutely stopped me in my tracks.
One person I shared this with said "you had hell in your hands"
He was right.
I hope the hero who died with this at his side went quickly.
This is so representative of what the heroes of WWII went through.... . Not only in the Pacific theatre, but the German front also.
This was Bastogne in 1944.
It's in a friends private collection and it took some doing to be able to photograph it.
I was shaking when I handed it back.
"I took these photos today.. A gentleman I know was kind enough to allow me that privilege.
Often times we get so caught up in the gun we forget the sacrifices.
This one really brings it home.
It is believed that the this damage is from artillery fire.
This weapon was very likely holstered at the time, and the soldier was facing the explosion.
I can't begin to tell you how powerful of a sentiment this raised in my heart to hold this"
I shared this in a few historical groups I belong to, so some of you have already seen this, but it's just too powerful of an artifact not to share with the rest of you.
Today I held hell in my hands.

19113.jpg 19118.jpg 19119.jpg 19114.jpg 19116.jpg 19115.jpg 19117.jpg 19111.jpg 19112.jpg 191110.jpg

Last Edited:
I met a Merchant Marine who had volunteered to ship out on a high octane gasoline tanker that was being sent to the Pacific Theater after the Peal Harbor attacks.
He witnessed the off loading of wounded soldiers brought to Seattle from Hawaii and decided that he either came out of the war in one piece, or the fuel tanker he was crewing on would vaporize in a split second if attacked by the Japanese.

I collect and enjoy WWII guns. I always wish they could talk.[Especially my 41,42,lugers]

That Gun talks very clearly!
It can no longer fire. [Unless maybe there is one in the chamber]
But then I never shoot my WWII hand guns anymore anyways.

Last Edited:
That is cool, they picked up my friend Dan's story and it has gone viral in just a few days!
Dan sent me a message and he had 1850 friend requesst on FB...and everyone wants to buy this pistol...

Wow, that should be in a museum. But if it was mine ai would never give it up.

Not often you get a piece of history that you can see the story on.
I'm still kicking myself for not buying the German Luger that was on the classifieds here years ago.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top