JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
They are spring loading, seem to be pretty accurate. If anyone has used one please let me know your opinion.
I am looking to buy one FTF (no shipping). Anyone know of anywhere local (portland area) that sells them new? Or if you are looking to sell one in the portland area let me know:s0155:

My dad has one of the Russian made knifes - to me it is a novelty item - you fire it once and then you are left with a baton. I have personally seen it go through 3/8" piece fo ply wood. Another concern is that it is the size of a medium mag lite. I dont know if he has it any more or not but I was never impressed with it.
I wonder where you would get more blades for it. Cocking if done wrong can hurt and carrying one in a pocket just never seemed like a wise idea.

My understanding is that no more russian made ones can be imported.

James

Both great responses, thank you. So from the googling I've done, my understanding is that it is "legal" to posses a centrifugal force assisted blade, but it is "illegal" to conceal. EG. ive seen many spring assisted and switchblades for sale in portland, but once one conceals it, it becomes illegal.

Please someone correct me if I am misinformed.

Ballistic knife
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

A ballistic knifeA ballistic knife is an automatic knife with a detachable blade that can be expelled from the handle/frame as a projectile by means of a spring-operated or gas-driven mechanism. These knives have been banned nationwide in the United States since 1986.[1]

[edit] Uses
Ballistic knives, manufactured by the USSR company Ostblock, were supplied in large numbers to the Soviet special forces group Spetsnaz. Unlicensed copies of these knives appeared in the US in the early 1980s.[2]

Ballistic knives were designed to be used as covert weapons when a firearm is not appropriate. The blade can remain attached to the handle and used as a typical fixed-blade knife or launched as a projectile by pulling a pin and pressing a button. The spring in these knives is powerful enough to propel the blade to about 6 meters (about 18 feet) or more at 63 km/h (39 mph).[2]

[edit] Legality in the USA
Unlike conventional automatic knives, which are legal to possess in over 30 US states, ballistic knives are illegal throughout the United States of America.[3][4] After the sales of ballistic knives in the U.S.A. were halted by a federal statute in 1986, the launching handle was made available with a small grappling hook or an aluminum baton.

[edit] References
^ Ballistic Knife Prohibition Act of 1986 Pub. L. 99-570, title X, Oct. 27, 1986, 100 Stat. 3207–166 Short title, see 15 U.S.C. 1241
^ a b Zinser, Tim; Fuller, Dan; Punchard, Neal (2003). Switchblades Of Italy. Kentucky: Turner Publishing Company. pp. 88–89. ISBN 978-1563119330.
^ "State Switchblade Laws". State Switchblade Laws. Retrieved 2008-01-22.
^ "U.S.C TITLE 15 CHAPTER 29 § 1245 Ballistic Knives". <broken link removed> . Retrieved 2010-10-05.

I spent 14 years of my life as a Custom Knifemaker I made everything from little parring knives to automatic's and even a short sword that could take your arm off in a single blow.

And the very best throwing knife ever made is a BRICK a std red brick. It works on every surface the same you can throw it accurately much father then the knife. And they cost about .90 cents.

You throw a knife at me an you don't kill me dead or at the very least find a spot that will incapacitate me and I'm going to be damn pissed and now I have your knife and you don't. What you think I'm going to do with it?

I spent 14 years of my life as a Custom Knifemaker I made everything from little parring knives to automatic's and even a short sword that could take your arm off in a single blow.

And the very best throwing knife ever made is a BRICK a std red brick. It works on every surface the same you can throw it accurately much father then the knife. And they cost about .90 cents.

You throw a knife at me an you don't kill me dead or at the very least find a spot that will incapacitate me and I'm going to be damn pissed and now I have your knife and you don't. What you think I'm going to do with it?

Depends, you wouldn't be one a them charitable christians would ya? Ya know, like uh, turn the other cheek & like all that??

Throwing knives are a great distraction while I'm pulling my sidearm. Now I just gotta figure out why I pulled my knife instead of my gun in the first place.

Both great responses, thank you. So from the googling I've done, my understanding is that it is "legal" to posses a centrifugal force assisted blade, but it is "illegal" to conceal. EG. ive seen many spring assisted and switchblades for sale in portland, but once one conceals it, it becomes illegal.

Please someone correct me if I am misinformed.

That's exactly it. Blade length is a non issue, its the autos. Legal to own and carry, but if concealed LEO could break your balls. What crazier is years ago in California I was at a gunshow and seen a balisong. I said I thought those were illegal. Duder said it was legal to buy but not posses lol. Here in Oregon I carry a Gerber auto or an OTF. I use a pocket clip so its not concealed.

I will also buy a ballistic knife if anyone can find them.

PSN......humboldtkill 2.08 K/D

Fear the Assault Knife! 10X as deadly as a regular knife, it's only purpose is too kill!

assaultknife.gif

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads