JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I go to her house same thing .
She knows I have a gun and has a spot for it at her house .
Like me love me or just use me .
But don't try to change me . that's the way it is

In regard to the levers I have bought two, they are as yet uninstalled. I am going to try a lighter build for the wife and put one on it. If she likes it....

Bad Levers, Nope, nada, never gonna...
Cup holders slow you down. Gotta be mobile....
sku_H747401_1.jpg

I'v been using them since they first came out, 15yrs or so ago. Been thru some raids and various scrapes on the street and forest, never been a problem for me.

Am right handed and prefer to keep it on the grip, or fire control...instead of the cumbersome hand switch to lock the bolt back.

As has been said...if you choose to use one, train with it extensively before putting it to use...but that should be for every piece of equipment.

When I shoot high power the benefit of having a bolt release I can activate without having to reach over the top of my scope is very beneficial. It allows me to maintain my cheekweld and not disturb my npa. Moreover I dont risk having my shooting coat sleeve contact the scopes adj turrets and risk an inadvertent setting change. I recently purchased a boonie packer extended bolt catch and like it very much. it has some features magpuls doesnt and is described well on their website. They are in oregon.

5 round Colt magazines have been around at least since 1969...
The Gun Digest entry for the Colt AR15 states:

Colt AR-15 Sporter Carbine
Semi-automatic , gas operated carbine. cal 223. Barrel , bolt , recoil buffer and stock assembled as a straight line unit , minimizes barrel jump on recoil.
Magazine blocked to 5 rounds
Over-all 39" , bbl21", weight 6 3/4 lbs.
Price includes two magazines, sling , flash suppressor , recoil pad and assembly and maintenance manual...$215.00

So at least as far back as 49 years ago , the AR15 from Colt , came with two 5 round round magazines.
Be careful then , when speaking of or the topic of , a "Standard" AR15 magazine comes up...
Just what is "standard...?
What came from the factory...? or What time period we are talking...
What is commonly found in stores / online...?
What the military uses...?

Note I no have issue with however many cartridges a magazine holds...it makes no difference to me.
You should be able to have a 5 , 10 . 20 , 30 , 100 or whatever...count magazine.
Andy

5 round Colt magazines have been around at least since 1969...
The Gun Digest entry for the Colt AR15 states:

Colt AR-15 Sporter Carbine
Semi-automatic , gas operated carbine. cal 223. Barrel , bolt , recoil buffer and stock assembled as a straight line unit , minimizes barrel jump on recoil.
Magazine blocked to 5 rounds
Over-all 39" , bbl21", weight 6 3/4 lbs.
Price includes two magazines, sling , flash suppressor , recoil pad and assembly and maintenance manual...$215.00

So at least as far back as 49 years ago , the AR15 from Colt , came with two 5 round round magazines.
Be careful , then when speaking of or the topic of a "Standard" AR magazine comes up...
Just what is "standard...?
What came from the factory...? or What time period we are talking...
What is commonly found in stores / online...?
What the military uses...?

Note I no have issue with , however many cartridges a magazine holds...it makes no difference to me.
You should be able to have a 5 , 10 . 20 , 30 , 100 or whatever...count magazine.
Andy
Thought it was around late 80s they did that. How about the 10s?

I have never seen a Colt marked 10 round magazine , nor have any reference to one in my library.
( Doesn't mean that there ain't any ...just that I haven't seen one... )
The photo in the Gun Digest ad..looks just like 20 round magazine.
Andy

I surely do have them :) I will have to post some pictures I got them off a guy I buy from off Ebay.
Was kinda pricey but I also had not heard of them so was a impulse buy ;)

They were sealed in the original oily bag made me think they came with the sale somewhere as they were not resale bags.
I think you are right though they are most likely make for banned states that make sense. I know they aren't promags as I have other colts and they are the same as these . Thanks though that make more sense.

I can live with them or with out them. My favorite is my side charge. To be honest I find it quicker and easier to just rack the slide instead of hitting the bolt release.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top