JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have heard differing opinions on whether the function is worth having
what are pro vs cons.
I have used them both on and of course off ad not really sure what to think.

( I am asking for a friend since lost all mine in that tragic boat accident. )

Well, I'm as "gimmicks" as it gets and I removed mine--not a knock on it, it just didn't fit me, since as a southpaw I have my choice of trigger finger or support hand for bolt release.

I find them very useful. When I'm on the bench and on target and maybe forgot to release the bolt... I can just use my trigger finger without having to move everthing around and reset. Much easier to lock the bolt back when clearing jams etc. too. They weigh next to nothing, and don't get in the way, so I don't see any negative's.

Nothing like aimlessly hitting the side until you hear it go click.

I've never put one on any of my friends guns either.

IMO the biggest negative is that if you need to switch to an AR without one you might forget and waste time trying to find it with your trigger finger. Mine work just fine, but my AR's that don't have them work just fine as well.

Phase 5 makes one that is all one peice bad lever and bolt catch .
I have a mag pul one that clamps on to your stock bolt catch also.they both work but the clamp on one does jiggle a little bit

If you only have one AR that you would use as a defense gun put what ever you want on it .
BUT PRACTICE RUNNING THAT GUN .
until you can do everything with your eyes closed or in the dark . practice practice practice.IT COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE ONE DAY

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top