JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I purchased a gun in October from Cabela's used my CHL and SSN and I don't have an overly common last name, I was out the door in 15 minutes. I purchased a revolver online and had it sent to a FFL holder working out of his home. I got a call from him on Saturday 2/27 letting me know my revolver was in. I went and did the paperwork and he entered me into the system using my CHL and my SSN, no love, I was placed at the end of line. He sent me a text last night letting me know there were 3,260 other applicants ahead of me in the queue. I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts as to whether the FFL holder makes a difference? I know times are very different now, but I have never waited more than 30 minutes for a background check in the last 10 years.

I purchased a gun in October from Cabela's used my CHL and SSN and I don't have an overly common last name, I was out the door in 15 minutes. I purchased a revolver online and had it sent to a FFL holder working out of his home. I got a call from him on Saturday 2/27 letting me know my revolver was in. I went and did the paperwork and he entered me into the system using my CHL and my SSN, no love, I was placed at the end of line. He sent me a text last night letting me know there were 3,260 other applicants ahead of me in the queue. I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts as to whether the FFL holder makes a difference? I know times are very different now, but I have never waited more than 30 minutes for a background check in the last 10 years.

It seems random sometimes WITHOUT a CHL.

With CHL AND system is working as it should, CHL holders get bumped in the line. System was not working suchly over the summer, some computer upgrade or some such.

Noteable for Oregonians unfamiliar, SB 941 went into affect summer 2015. So private party trades/purchases didn't go thru the system, so far fewer folks in the system at any one time before such.

No major firearms "runs" market "upheavals", "blights" and/or whatever one would like to term such since SB 941 went into affect.

Sandy Hook was prior, 2016 election cycle was minor (manufacturer prepared ramp-up, to some extant, resolved post election), the post Las Vegas nutbag mass shooting - another even further "minor" market trend.

Current market "run, upheaval, blight" is far worse than anything I've personally experienced, however others historically were perhaps similar or worse.

The '20 election cycle affect on the market was expected. The other minutiae - (plandemic, supply chain interruptions, free range riots, defund police movements)? Unexpected problem stacking.

Tack on '20 election cycle result.

Personally, uncharted territory. Historically, overall market wise? Not so much.

NB - traded for a nice Ruger gas AR (SR556) about a month ago. Instant approval (as normal). CHL holder, never use social.

I've been on delay since DEC 23rd I have a CHL renewed in MAY I am the only person in the USA with my name, I gave them my social. I have been cleared in the past to manage an inmate work crew BY MY SELF by Marion county. There is not a single thing in my Background to cause a Delay. Yet here I am. buying a 135 year old design single shot rifle.
That's absolutely ridiculous. Truly sorry for your situation

That's absolutely ridiculous. Truly sorry for your situation

Its been resolved State Rep Rick Lewis R from Silverton got involved on my behalf and within a couple days OPS was calling me to tell me they had screwed up and would be releasing the BGC right away. I have the rifle safely stored in the toy closet.

Twice within the past month I or my wife has been told 4-5 weeks wait. I've literally given up the purchases both times because of it. The wait times are ridiculous. We all follow the law, why isn't the law holding up their end? Seems there should and could be done about holding them accountable

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top