JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bout a sig 365 on 1/31/21 and was placed around 10,000 on the list. I just called, still at 3,000 in the que. cleanest record you can find This is complete BS. Bought a G43 in November and I was clear in 3 days for 4K in the que

Man, I feel sorry for you folks getting the waitlist (truly I am)...

I went instant today with the queue being about 6700. The longest I have had to wait during this rush was less than five minutes where I got bumped to #2 in line.

Maybe my karma credit is in the plus column and my chakras are aligned and Saturn is in transit with Capricorn.... I hope the streak doesn't end.

Details: Unusual last name in the state (and probably the only one buying firearms), SSN given, CHL but used drivers license, multiple purchases... It seems like some that have posted about this have the same checks but are waitlisted which makes me curious as to what qualifies and what doesn't. Some things that I have that others may not is multiple federal/state background checks (Military, CBP, Oregon practitioners license). What dirt do they have on people? What do they access?

I think that the "scores" should be listed and described in the open, much like FICO scores. What makes you a good boy, what makes you a bad boy?

And YET.....many supported (and/or continue to support) universal BGC laws run by the Govt.

i-m-from-the-government-i-m-here-to-help.png

Aloha, Mark

I would have to have waited for a year for the BGC to clear when I bought my G34 off gunbroker.com. No reason given. just delayed. Jerks!

Fortunately, my LGS dealer knows me and is one of the very few FFLs that will let a firearm go after the 3 day limit.

RE: waiting time....

about 2015ish I bought a new pistol thru a dealer in Eugene. With CCP, first time ever I was 'delayed'. At first a day, then another couple, dealer couldn't understand the problem. Finally several weeks later I made plans to meets FFL dealer in a local gun show to complete transfer. Spoke with owner and advised either I would take delivery of the pistol OR they would give all my money back. FFL had been in business for decades, otherwise well established.
They finally transfered the pistol denying any idea of issue. I learned a few days later THEY were under some kind of investigation. FFL pulled their license a few days later.

The red flag laws are contributing to this slowdown. They are trying everything they can to deny as many background checks they can.

A person I know very well...25 years ago went through a nasty divorce. His ex-wife went completely nutso and told the police she was scared of him. The police arrested him as they were required. He was required to appear in court. The ex never showed, and the judge dismissed any charges.

Just last fall, he attempted to buy a rifle. The BGC was prolonged without any explanation. After three months, he discovered he is denied because 25 years ago he was arrested. Because the charges were dropped, there are no court records. But the arrest record is still in a file somewhere, and that's good enough for red flag laws to deny his purchase. All this, while he still possesses a CHL.:confused:

Oh yes. He can get this arrest record expunged, at his cost and inconvenience.

Saturday morning. Me & the wife bought a pistol from another great member. Meet up a cut above pawn shop. Wife had a instant approval. We were so happy!
But, she never had instant approval before with other purchases. Weird.

I bought from the pawn shop I use as my ffl and they told me it would be potentially weeks for approval because there was a backlog of 6,000 people awaiting approval. Submitted paperwork and walked out in 10 min. When I first walked in I heard the guy tell a customer it would be about 6 weeks and the customer commented that he just got his CHL the week before. Who knows!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top