JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am usually a instant approval and today I was told it would be 3 weeks to do a background check I bought a gun last month and it took 2minuets is this normal have you heard if this is temporary or is it going to be the normal

If you have an Oregon CHL, definitely use that for your transfer. You will be put on the top of the list. If you don't, it's definitely be Russian roulette where you land on the waiting list.
Three weeks plus right now

One of our salesman bought a pistol at NW Armory in Tigard and was told that he in the 7000 range of people in the cue and that he would have to come back in about three weeks....

As of 24 hours ago, the queue was @ 7,022 .

In Oregon, concealed permits are correlated to DMV records.

If you have a concealed permit, you might move to the front of the line. No guarantee.

What's the change I've been told many time it was gonna be long wait and still get it instantly I've never not had same day did something change or is it still panic buying clogging up the system

I sold a pistol to an acquaintance last week and it was his first firearm purchase. No CHL, unique name, included his SSN on the 4473 and was instantly cleared to go. A longtime buddy of mine who lives in Vancouver bought his first pistol yesterday from NW Armory and they shipped same day to his FFL - it arrives Saturday. Will be interesting to see how long Washington State BGC takes his to clear.

I'm just irritated because I've bought many guns I mean many I've never had this problem we will see I've alway been cleared with in minutes if we have record sales then maybe the state should be hiring more screeners

In my honest opinion this happened to me and I have instant background checks the longest I've had to wait is 10 minutes I would ask the FFL if you can go over the paperwork with them as some make mistakes. I had to wait 15 days for a lower because my FFL marked my ID as a license. I went in today and just got a Glock 19 Gen 5 and it took about 7 to 10 minutes don't be upset with the FFL just try to see if you can look over the paperwork and make sure all the information is correct

Just be patient without a CHL it's taking a while a lot of people are still buying/transferring. If you have a common name you are likely going to wait longer. Most of the times I go to Keith's I talk to people in line and I see a lot of people get their hopes up that they will just be able to buy today and walk right out with the purchase limit your expectations. Unfortunately besides the rare occasions you are likely going to wait. I just can't imagine how many phone calls these places are getting a day asking " Can I pickup my gun?" On top of that more and more people coming in everyday adding to the Que.

Last Edited:
I've been on delay since DEC 23rd I have a CHL renewed in MAY I am the only person in the USA with my name, I gave them my social. I have been cleared in the past to manage an inmate work crew BY MY SELF by Marion county. There is not a single thing in my Background to cause a Delay. Yet here I am. buying a 135 year old design single shot rifle.

I happened to buy a gun Monday morning. On my way to work.

Guy behind the counter and I could talk because it was so early, the store was empty.

He told me while looking at his little Game Boy deal that there were 6,800 people in the queue.

However, my CCL moved me to #2, and I was in and out in 20 minutes.

Last Edited:
Tues/ 01-26-2021, I got a text from my WA friend (retired PD from HI). He has been waiting since Dec. 16th 2020 for his OK from WA. And, this ain't even his first firearm purchase from WA either.:s0092:

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top