JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Impulse bought a new pistol this morning, instant approval....Do have a CHL.
Got my 9mm AR back, buyer who ghosted me was still in the que as delayed after 4 months 🙄

interdasting.jpg

The voters wanted it. And maybe even YOU. So then......
What_could_go_wrong.jpg

Now a days with the WAITING.......I wonder IF.......
im-not-worthy.jpg
Yeah......to have RIGHTS at all.

Anyone else have/get that feeling that you're required to.........
1655076659084.png
In order to get the Govt to do it's JOB?

Aloha, Mark

It's been a little while since I've had to complete a background check but I bought a pistol yesterday. The queue was a little over 800 and they suspected mine would clear by Wednesday. I figured with all the talk about firearm restrictions that more people but would be buying. Maybe the economic woes are starting to hit home here in Oregon?
My approval came in today, 2 days isn't 2 bad.

Question: It's been so long since I've done a BGC...back when it was always "while you wait" approvals. With long approval delays, sometimes taking days or even weeks now, is it no longer a thing to take possession under the 3-day non-denial laws? Or... FFL's have private policies against honoring that these days?

Question: It's been so long since I've done a BGC...back when it was always "while you wait" approvals. With long approval delays, sometimes taking days or even weeks now, is it no longer a thing to take possession under the 3-day non-denial laws? Or... FFL's have private policies against honoring that these days?
Most don't want the repercussions of it. Not many will stand with the 3day law. I haven came accross FFL to do it. Big box stores won't they will give your money back if a issue arises.

It is not always delays. See above post. Last probably 5 guns I have bought recently have all been no more than 10 min. The other guy in the shop buying handgun at same time this week was also around 5 min or so.

Cleared a bolt action rifle in under 15min last Saturday AM with a WA DL and a Multnomah County CCW. 700 people in queue and I entered directly to #9. Gave me time to fondle a few at Sunset Firearms in Wilsonville. Nice owner. Highly recommend.

It is not always delays. See above post. Last probably 5 guns I have bought recently have all been no more than 10 min.
Well yeah. I know it's not always or for everyone. It just seems long delay cases are so much more common these days, and for them, I was just curious about how the 3day works in those situations.

In my lifetime I've only had one occassion with any kind of delay. It was the first time I had ever purchased from a big box store (Big5) and assumed the delay was more on them doing it through a corporate office or something rather than OSP. Although, I honestly have no idea to this day what the delay was all about. However, on the morning of the 3rd day they called ME to let me know there hadn't been an approval yet, but I was free to come pick up the rifle whenever I like.

Sounds like that's not really honored much anymore(?)

Granted, that was more than a minute ago... when they had big whiskey barrels loaded up with SKS's for 60 bones a pop. ;)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads