JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's been a little while since I've had to complete a background check but I bought a pistol yesterday. The queue was a little over 800 and they suspected mine would clear by Wednesday. I figured with all the talk about firearm restrictions that more people but would be buying. Maybe the economic woes are starting to hit home here in Oregon?

After my last 62 day had to get Rick Lewis my state rep involved to finally get the dam 1885 Winchester single shot released after having passed a dozen other BGC in less then 15min. BGC I'm burned out on buying for a while.

After my last 62 day had to get Rick Lewis my state rep involved to finally get the dam 1885 Winchester single shot released after having passed a dozen other BGC in less then 15min. BGC I'm burned out on buying for a while.
Yikes, I am thinking I should have pulled the slide off and just ran the check for frame only. That might be my new tactic.

Yikes, I am thinking I should have pulled the slide off and just ran the check for frame only. That might be my new tactic.
I've tried that and never seen a positive difference. In fact, the only guns I've been put "in line" for instead of an insta clear were frames/receivers. Maybe it matters for Washington residents buying in Washington, though neither of us are one

I've tried that and never seen a positive difference. In fact, the only guns I've been put "in line" for instead of an insta clear were frames/receivers. Maybe it matters for Washington residents buying in Washington, though neither of us are one
I was just thinking that I would have something to play with (slide assy) if they took months to clear me. That has never hsppened to me though.

I was just thinking that I would have something to play with (slide assy) if they took months to clear me. That has never hsppened to me though.
I'm still waiting on a delayed transfer for a cheap little SD40VE I want to work on. Transfer started on 4/5 and got through the queue on 4/12 when I got a delay. I've already got the new trigger, springs, rod/spring, backplate, takedown and grip cover. Yeah, if I could've walked out with the upper slide, then I'd at least have the top half done while I'm waiting... Just hurry up and wait I guess.

In the last month and a half, I bought two firearms and the Dagger lower frame. All instant and out the door within 15min. Interesting to hear all the results.

It's been a little while since I've had to complete a background check but I bought a pistol yesterday. The queue was a little over 800 and they suspected mine would clear by Wednesday. I figured with all the talk about firearm restrictions that more people but would be buying. Maybe the economic woes are starting to hit home here in Oregon?
I just picked up my AUG on Friday. I was an instant approval since I have my CHL. Gordon at Sunset said the que was just under 700 and that it has been steadily climbing all week.

In the last month and a half, I bought two firearms and the Dagger lower frame. All instant and out the door within 15min. Interesting to hear all the results.
I've received instant on dozens of purchases. Even without a CHL, but for some reason, this time got me stuck. Applied and got approved for CHL while I've been waiting...

Apparently the OSP database was down on Friday. I was picking up a stamp item arrived in Tuesday off the same week, and I got delayed. The shop ran another BGC, and the OSP took a long time reviewing, then they finally approved it.

Apparently the OSP database was down on Friday. I was picking up a stamp item arrived in Tuesday off the same week, and I got delayed. The shop ran another BGC, and the OSP took a long time reviewing, then they finally approved it.
I was thinking of doing that and just running the check again, but this far into the delay, there's potential that it would just start the whole process over and put me back at the bottom of the queue...

I was thinking of doing that and just running the check again, but this far into the delay, there's potential that it would just start the whole process over and put me back at the bottom of the queue...
That was the first time that I've ever had a delay. I was also picking up an NFA item with a CHL, so they just ran me again. They told me that the original will still be delayed, but the new one could provide a pass. I spent almost two hours there.

some thing is going on with OSP. I purchased multiple firearms last year cleared same day. CHL renewed last year and was delays back in March No return phone calls from osp. It took over 60days and had to do another background check. Once cleared less than a week later I went to buy a shotgun and delayed once again. I wrote a email this time and was cleared next day. Now less than a month I bought a ar-10 delayed again 3 delays less than 6months no return phone calls no return emails.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top