JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What are you having done? Just the polishing or did you spring for the SRT kit?

Hey Flymph. I am having the Custom Shop's full factory restore package done and the action enhancement package done as well. B/C this is a primary concealed carry gun I am not "modifying" the trigger at all ... although the action enhancement kit does state that it will make both DA/SA be much smoother and lighter and not invalidate the factory warranty. Got it all packed up and within the hour I will be headed to Fedex's main shipping site to drop it off. Sig said it will take 4-6 weeks. Obviously future range reports will be on tap.
For inquiring minds ... $55 shipping both ways is free. Both packages will cost me about $260 out the door. ;)

The only factory work I have had completed by SIG was for a falty saftey on my X-Five (SAO) tactical. Nice trigger but bad safety. Having said that, they did a great job of fixing it and it was returned with new night sights, recoil & other springs installed as well as return of the old parts. Hope you get the results you are looking for.

Hi All. Based upon Sig's posted time line for Custom Shop work, I am guessing that I'll not see my p220 before the end of this month or around the first week in November. Once it gets back home I will give it a good going over and a trip to the range. After that my plan is to give ya'll a full report on the Custom Shop work... with pics of course :rolleyes:

UPDATE:
I received notification from Sig that my p220 has been shipped back to me ... BUT!!! ... they shipped it to my old address! When I was working with Sig CS I had made sure up front that they had my correct and current address. CS told me that all was well with my new addy entered into their system. NOT! Sigh. Now facing an unanticipated 4 hour drive on Monday. Yes, I did complain to Sig's CS about their FUBAR this morning. I still own the home at my old addy and no one stays there except for us on the occasional weekend vacay. Thankful for small favors.

UPDATE:
I received notification from Sig that my p220 has been shipped back to me ... BUT!!! ... they shipped it to my old address! When I was working with Sig CS I had made sure up front that they had my correct and current address. CS told me that all was well with my new addy entered into their system. NOT! Sigh. Now facing an unanticipated 4 hour drive on Monday. Yes, I did complain to Sig's CS about their FUBAR this morning. I still own the home at my old addy and no one stays there except for us on the occasional weekend vacay. Thankful for small favors.

Tell them you'd forget about their egregious error and let it go for an SRT kit. I can install it in less than 10 minutes, so that means 5 minutes for most guys. I'd also swap out for an 18# hammer spring.

Yup. 18lb hammer spring and the SRT are a cheap investment to adjust the functionality towards to an easier action. Gritty actions - run a complete disassembly for deep cleaning and use grease for metal to metal contact areas, including the slide rails when putting them back. They will be gone for good.

Gray guns just released a new action kit that reduces 25% of trigger pull without changing springs. This is something that I am considering for the additional 25% of trigger pull weight reduction from the 18lb spring that I use.

Last Edited:
Sig arrived safely and is now home with its siblings. Planning on some range time and pics later. Sent me back a small sandwich bag of old [now replaced] parts. Appears that Sig also replaced the old grips too.

Will do Flymph. I will get something posted tomorrow. Got to the range today. Let me assemble my thoughts. I will briefly say that I am impressed.