JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi All. I just got off the phone with the Sig Custom Shop. My p220 has started acting anemic and I am going to send it back for a couple of full factory tune ups. 1) full service package 2) action enhancement package. Prices seem reasonable and no shipping charges either way.
Anyone had their Sig receive these packages? Did you like the results? Thanks.

Hi All. I just got off the phone with the Sig Custom Shop. My p220 has started acting anemic and I am going to send it back for a couple of full factory tune ups. 1) full service package 2) action enhancement package. Prices seem reasonable and no shipping charges either way.
I have not, but look forward to hearing more about it.

What did it cost? Did it help? What do you mean by "anemic"?

I'm also curious about the anemic comment.

I have heard good things about the action enhancement package.

I've heard you can achieve the same results by dry firing the gun a few thousand times :)

I'm also curious about the anemic comment.

I have heard good things about the action enhancement package.

I've heard you can achieve the same results by dry firing the gun a few thousand times :)
I know that has lightened my DA trigger pull on my SP101 significantly. LoL

If you're having a SRT kit installed, it does wonders to the firearm.

Not sure what anemic means either, except that it's usually a problem some girlfriends have had (or so they say)...

LOL I love our forums. My "anemic" Sig - during dry fire when the hammer falls it goes "boing" instead of a nice Siggy "snap"... the trigger has too much take up for my preference ... suspecting it is at least needing a new set of springs and pins ... the first DA trigger pull must be around 12 lbs ... the overall action feels gritty despite meticulous and regular cleanings. The full service package will sonic clean everything and replace all parts so that it is back to original factory production standards. The action enhancement package involves a lot of honing of metal surfaces so that the action will be "butter smooth" [according to Sig]. No plans for the SRT package this trip. FYI- this is a new to me pistol from a few years ago. Love the weapon but I don't like these anemic feeling issues. I don't have access to a Sig certified armorer hence it is going back to NH by the end of this month. Check out the Sig Custom Shop web site. It's all there. Hmmm. Wondering if they have a package install that will insure always shooting in the 10 ring no matter what? Might be a new old Blues song in this - "Baby, I Just Don't Love Your Anemic Actions".

I highly recommend having them instal an SRT kit, it actually helps make the trigger pull smoother even tho it is not supposed to. Get the SRT kit installed especially if you have to pay shipping and they're you're only option for installation.

Gritty trigger pull is weird on a Sig. The reason I like Sigs so much is that smooth DA pull.

That's why when someone talks about how nice a striker trigger is, I get the urge to strike them. Not really.

I'm sure the 1911 folks can understand it when I talk about how nice the SA pull on the Sig is. :)

I concur you should kick in for the SRT especially if they're honing the engagement surfaces for you.

No, I have never used Sig's services. I did send my P220 to Bar-Sto Precision Machining in Sturgis, South Dakota for some gunsmithing, though. I had them fit one of their stainless match barrels to my P220. They then test fire the gun, to ensure proper functioning.

Cost is $215 for the gunsmithing, plus another $225 for the stainless match barrel itself.

Bar-Sto Precision Machine

I've got an older two tone P220, that was made in Germany, before they started making guns here.

DSC_0656c.jpg

LOL I love our forums. My "anemic" Sig - during dry fire when the hammer falls it goes "boing" instead of a nice Siggy "snap"... the trigger has too much take up for my preference ... suspecting it is at least needing a new set of springs and pins ... the first DA trigger pull must be around 12 lbs ... the overall action feels gritty despite meticulous and regular cleanings. The full service package will sonic clean everything and replace all parts so that it is back to original factory production standards. The action enhancement package involves a lot of honing of metal surfaces so that the action will be "butter smooth" [according to Sig]. No plans for the SRT package this trip. FYI- this is a new to me pistol from a few years ago. Love the weapon but I don't like these anemic feeling issues. I don't have access to a Sig certified armorer hence it is going back to NH by the end of this month. Check out the Sig Custom Shop web site. It's all there. Hmmm. Wondering if they have a package install that will insure always shooting in the 10 ring no matter what? Might be a new old Blues song in this - "Baby, I Just Don't Love Your Anemic Actions".

LOL....so many problems. Tell you what.....I'll give you $5 for it.

That being said.....without actually trying your firearm. Well, that "boing". I suspect.....is what I call a "standard hammer drop for a P series". As for X ring or even 10 ring accuracy no matter what.

Cough, cough....my $5 offer stands.

Aloha, Mark

Yeah I recall seeing the P series rebounding hammer the first time, slapping at the firing pin like a 5 year old child slaps another one.

I thought it was broken. Makes a weird BOING especially when dry firing without snap caps.

I think Pops knows that and has a tired old main spring that needs pepping up.

I thought it was suspect on my first P220, but then I found out they all do it.

Well, that might be good news for my bank account! Several have said this very thing. No sense getting new stuff and springs and such if they are not needed. Obviously spoiled by the 1911s' trigger. Thanks :)

Well, that might be good news for my bank account! Several have said this very thing. No sense getting new stuff and springs and such if they are not needed. Obviously spoiled by the 1911s' trigger. Thanks :)
Without painting myself into a corner with ignorantly false statements, I believe it has something to do w the decocker. I have other guns w decockers that dont do this though... HKs, 3rd Gen S&Ws, etc. The hammer bounces back to a half-cock position, locks in place once the trigger is released. Maybe "half cock" is the wrong term, but it locks up off of the firing pin, same place it ends up during decocking. I'm not sure why that is, it'd be tough to replicate during live-fire.
I have an exposed-hammer sxs shotgun that does the same thing... it happens so fast I had to check to make sure the hammers were even hitting the firing pins (just slipped a piece of paper in between). They do make contact and then rest about 1/8" above the pins.

Last Edited:
Yup....hate to say it but J. Browning did do a fantastic job with the 1911. I was also spoiled with the trigger pull of my 1911 (after tuning). Feeling trigger pulls on other firearms keeps me wondering......

"Why can't it be more like my 1911?"

Duh (speaking of 1911 vs P220).....it's a single action 1911 vs. a first pull double action, then single action pull for subsequent shots on the Sig P Series.

But then.....J. Browning is also (if partially) responsible for the Browning Hi-Power and that trigger sucks. YES, it does.....but then, you could always remove the magazine disconnect-safety feature. Not debating removal of "safety features". But YES, that is also said to help with the trigger pull.

BTW......I haven't done the removal on my three BHPs. I figure that I can live with the trigger. Besides.......I used to frequently shoot S&W double action revolvers. So, why whine about a double action trigger pull?

OK, Ok, ok......YES, some pistols are REALLY bad. Example: my old surplus P64, Walther P38 and Walther PPK/s to name a few. But I don't see myself shooting a 2700 Match with any of them.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Duh (speaking of 1911 vs P220).....it's a single action 1911 vs. a first pull double action, then single action pull for subsequent shots on the Sig P Series.
If you (the royal you, not you personally, Mark) want an exceptional trigger, yer gonna need a single action. 1911s are the standard by which all others are (unfairly) judged.

Since adding my .02 in this thread I've dug out my pet P220 and the first 1911 I could lay my hands on... a Para Expert 9mm. Even the relatively inexpensive Para's trigger kicks the SiG's right in the taint. Same can be said of some other "high value" pistols from HK, CZ, and S&W... 1911 wins the trigger-war.

OTOH, I've got some striker-fired guns in the vault (VP9, PPQ, P99) that have pretty nice triggers too... as good as a bargain 1911? Nope. But still pretty dam good.

That all said, any of em could go away in a trade, but the P220 stays... stoopid-big for 8 rds, poopy trigger, bouncy hammer and all.

Indeed a worked over 1911 trigger is like... Other things that leave you incredibly satisfied.

The P series trigger is damn good, but you'll never meet something quite like a worked on series 70 trigger.

Yeah yeah I know series 80 isn't terrible, but you can feel the firing pin block being moved out of the way.

Pops, if your DA pull is feeling gritty, I'd still consider having someone look into it. I don't think I've ever felt a properly functioning P series trigger that was gritty.

OK very good feedback from everyone. I did consult with my local 'smith and the p220 was declared to be in good health. Rethinking the idea of sending it back to NH now. I did have a further conversation with my 'smith about the "gritty" trigger feel. [perhaps not the best adjective to have originally used - HA] I was asked a question that put the whole trigger feeling into perfect perspective. Was asked, "How's the arthritis in your trigger finger doing?" The clouds parted and the Beach Boys began singing in the sky! Of course, d'oh! Face palm... It bubblegums to get old! LOL

I woul
OK very good feedback from everyone. I did consult with my local 'smith and the p220 was declared to be in good health. Rethinking the idea of sending it back to NH now. I did have a further conversation with my 'smith about the "gritty" trigger feel. [perhaps not the best adjective to have originally used - HA] I was asked a question that put the whole trigger feeling into perfect perspective. Was asked, "How's the arthritis in your trigger finger doing?" The clouds parted and the Beach Boys began singing in the sky! Of course, d'oh! Face palm... It bubblegums to get old! LOL
The SRT kit will make it so you don't have to move that arthritic finger so far back and forth while shooting SA... ;)
If you don't know that you have it or not, an easy way to check is to see if the sear safety has a long arm that engages the trigger bar... IIRC