JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Finally saw the added video.. 165 yards in combat is a sweet shot with any handgun, even a .357 magnum, likely with irons. Cool fellow

No offense, I like hickok45 allot, his videos are great and he is a fantastic shot. BUT there is a huge difference between a relaxed 230yard shot and a 165yard shot in combat with counter fire. His 1st shot was @10seconds held on target and was a miss.

If you listen to the interview after his 1st shot hit the perp's legs the perp switched and started shooting at him. That means he probably only had only a second or two per shot and he put 3 more on mass...

Great shotS, good person both for stepping in to aid and for his actions/statements after the fact. For those that pay attention, while he may be speaking matter of calm and collected, you can see in his eyes that he was taking the incident seriously and the reality of it was setting in. None of that macho, bravado, no big deal bs. Just a real honest person doing what he had to to save another and dealing with his own conscience for taking a life.

Hat off and Toast raised, hope he is able to move forward and not have nightmares about it.

lamrith.........:s0112:

obviously you have never lived in texas for a good amount of time. Traveling or visiting friends/relatives there dont count. I lived in Texas for 30+ yrs and I know most texans would not hesistate to help out a cop if theyre outgunned and most Law Enforcement Agencies in Texas would appreciate that help.

You're right Flyingswords, I have never visited the state of Texas, sounds like a place I would like where people look out for each other. Even if they welcome the assistance, those 1st few seconds when new units are arriving on scene are going to be dicey. Just something we all need to keep in mind should anyone ever assist an officer or fire their weapon in defense of anyone is all I was trying to say. It is easy to mistake a friendly for a baddy in the heat of the situation even if you were there from the start, let alone coming blind into a hot zone.

And taking a life regardless of the circumstances will affect a person. I would be concerned about someone if it didn't.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews