JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"Vic Stacy, the resident of Peach House RV Park who came to the aid of Early Police Sgt. Steven Means Sunday after two people were killed by Charles Ronald Conner, insists he's not a hero — he just did what had to be done. Stacy told the Brownwood Bulletin when he saw that the police officer couldn't get a good shot at the gunman, "I jumped in there, put that first shot in him, and knocked him down." Here are portions of the interview."

Shooter who aided officer gives his account of Peach House RV Park incident - YouTube

Wonder what he was using, he said a magnum bullet... could it be a .357 , .44? What was his barrel length? On a 165 yard shot.. man o man, the good ol' boys at it!

Good on ya Vic and good shooting. I wonder if he was mistaken about the distance though. Vic had a 357 mag and the psycho had a scoped rifle. Three people and two dogs dead because a dog pooped on his yard.

<broken link removed>

Another account w pic of psycho. <broken link removed>

Maybe he meant 165 feet. That sounds more realistic.
Next time I go shooting out at my friends farm, I am going to pace off the same distance (165' ) and see how I do.

This is why A LOT of officers are all for concealed carry by law abiding citizens that may help save them some day. The media of course doesn't paint it that way.

"that's when I put another three rounds in him" :)

If his shooting was like his vocal delivery, it's no wonder he managed what he did. Thoughtful, deliberate and precise.

Nice job.

In open conditions and good light 100yd plus shot is not unreasonable for a 357mag. There are links to sheriffs interviews and he says that the citizen possibly saved the officers life. Bad guy killed dogs and owners with 9mm and then got hunting rifle 30/30 type and shot at cop who had AR15 and citizen used 357mag to help cop. The cop was not outgunned, just did not have a good shooting position. Citizen and cop are not allowed to talk to each other until after Texas Rangers investigation is complete.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top