JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yup.....I'd be inclined to buy it all up. Though I have some reservations if it was from another country or corrosive or bedan primed. Then....even the Korean stuff has been known to have issues with certain lot#.

Aloha, Mark

PS....sort of on the subject of the M1 and ammo.
It was one of those, "i'm broke, and have nothing to shoot it with" moments discouraged by "I have plenty if you ever want" guys.
:s0155:

For anyone wanting an M1 Garand the CMP IS your best bet other than getting LUCKEEE somewhere.

On there website you can Join an Affiliate club, GCA is GTG & you get their Kool Kid magazine.
If already a member of a club you can find out on the CMP site if it is an affiliate.

It might help to call them, if still possible,
& sweet talk one of the sales gals..:);)

Sometimes that helps to get a WWII Rcvr.

Most rifles that went to the Korean War/ Conflict were made in WWII...

The Armistice was 10/ 53 IIRC...

Production of Post War rifles was typically late in that conflict or afterwards.

You can Always replace a shot out Bbl.
Or any other parts. The Rcvr is the Cornerstone...

Best ammo is USGI Surplus.
HXP is good but Jacket has Ferrous metal & can spark, so some ranges don't like that..

They AINT'T MAKING ANY MORE M1s...

That being said, I have some M2 Ball listed, but it's linked for a 1919 MG
For Sale: M2 BALL LINKED for M1919 MG in ORIGINAL .30 Cal Can
And some more & many parts....

Again,
They AINT'T MAKING ANY MORE M1s...

It's too bad we can't get them mailed directly to our homes anymore like it was prior SB 941.

Are you guys sure about this re: CMP?

SB 941 was 2015. I know several people since then (including myself) who have rec'd them direct. The notarized CMP Form 2A authorizes the FBI background check by CMP in Alabama, plus requires proof of citizenship, training, and club affiliation... Much more stringent than the BGC in Oregon. What would be the point of doing another BGC here?

Last Edited:
Are you guys sure about this re: CMP?

SB 941 was 2015. I know several people since then (including myself) who have rec'd them direct. The notarized CMP Form 2A authorizes the FBI background check by CMP in Alabama, plus requires proof of citizenship, training, and club affiliation... Much more stringent than the BGC in Oregon. What would be the point of doing another BGC here?
Yeah, all the paperwork for the CMP is, I believe, just to make sure it is legit to ultimately transfer to you. Without it, there would undoubtedly be cases where the rifle shows up but then can't be transferred to the buyer.

If you search the CMP website you will see the carve-outs for those of us living in less-free states, OR and WA are among those that must have the rifle shipped to an ffl.

If you search the CMP website you will see the carve-outs for those of us living in less-free states, OR and WA are among those that must have the rifle shipped to an ffl.

This is correct, I submitted my application last month and had to put down my FFL as the shipping address.

In 2017 I had one mailed directly to me in Oregon, so something must have changes since then.

That's too bad. It was really cool to come home to a new gun waiting for me. Seems more freedoms just slip quietly away every day.....

Infringement period over! Looks to be a decent example; Springfield, 4 at the throat, 1 at the muzzle. Front and rear handguards look to be replacements. I am happy. And wow, what nice case it comes in!
Fast and free shipping once the paperwork cleared. Very impressed with the whole process.

20201024_110433.jpg

Infringement period over! Looks to be a decent example; Springfield, 4 at the throat, 1 at the muzzle. Front and rear handguards look to be replacements. I am happy. And wow, what nice case it comes in!
Fast and free shipping once the paperwork cleared. Very impressed with the whole process.

View attachment 767726

Im kinda new to Milsurps, are low numbers good or bad?

View attachment 767726

Just curious, how long did it take for you to get your DBU email, and how to get it shipped after that?

When I did mine a few years ago it was 6 weeks from start to finish.

6 weeks is about right. I had a week or so delay because one of my pages was not properly notarized. Once cleared though, the shipping was like 2 or 3 days.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top