JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
During the Obama administration, my wife worked in healthcare as a manager at a hospital. She began receiving complaints from employees that a fellow worker was bragging up getting pot seeds for grow from the Netherlands. She decided to call the DEA office in Seattle to get some "What if" guidance. They informed her they had little to no interest in the situation. This was in Washington.

A couple years later, a news story broke in Oregon that an individual had been busted for receiving pot seeds in the mail from another state. It was the Postmaster Generals office that initiated this one. This was not the same person mentioned above.

Around the time of Washington legalizing recreational / medical pot, the Sherriff in Tri-Cities denied a carry permit because the applicant admitted to having a medical marijuana card. The Sherriff cited Federal law as grounds for rejection.

Politicians on the left see the marijuana industry as a source of great revenue, but also as a means to deny citizens rights under the Second Amendment. A win - win for them. It's very handy that they are able to enforce laws (or not) at their political whim.
Remind me not to buy pot seeds around your wife

While Hunter's plea deal has yet to be approved by the judge, if it is then it'll set the precedent for an affirmative defense in jurisdiction where cannabis use has been decriminalized since it'll give people a challenge to the "Are you an unlawful user of" by declaring that they reasonably believed they were using lawfully, despite the clarification in the remaining part of the question. I still suspect the judge will reject that part of the plea deal because of this.
Highly unlikely that will happen. There is already overwhelming precedent in the other direction.

While Hunter's plea deal has yet to be approved by the judge, if it is then it'll set the precedent for an affirmative defense in jurisdiction where cannabis use has been decriminalized since it'll give people a challenge to the "Are you an unlawful user of" by declaring that they reasonably believed they were using lawfully, despite the clarification in the remaining part of the question. I still suspect the judge will reject that part of the plea deal because of this.
There are reports that the plea deal might be withdrawn or delayed by the DOJ. Maybe they found something recently.
1b50923193d77b7dd59f86fce27263fb34b48710606e700a_1.jpg

The other possibility is that they'll blame the White House Whiteout on Kamala Harris. Her word salad and annoying cackle can easily be blamed on the coca. With Harris out, Biden will appoint Newsome VP and then step down a few months later.

The other possibility is that they'll blame the White House Whiteout on Kamala Harris. Her word salad and annoying cackle can easily be blamed on the coca. With Harris out, Biden will appoint Newsome VP and then step down a few months later.
I wouldn't put any of that past them, but a simpler scenario is that they delay and deflect for as long as possible while intimidating and prosecuting the opposition, just as they've done before.

Well, I heard that if you go in a dark room at the WH, set a mirror and a frequent diners card from Habitas AlUla on a table and chant "Don Jr, Don Jr, Don Jr!" a small bag ;) will magically appear!

Just as valid a joke as the rest :cool:

Well, I heard that if you go in a dark room at the WH, set a mirror and a frequent diners card from Habitas AlUla on a table and chant "Don Jr, Don Jr, Don Jr!" a small bag ;) will magically appear!
Welp, when I went to Al-'Ula, I didn't have a frequent diners card and we didn't stay in no Habitas... so we didn't get a small bag of any-damned-thing! :mad:
Although the sandstone tombs at Mada'in Salih were pretty damned cool... Yours truly flashing the Habitas gang sign...

MiS_CH2M Travel Posse.01.jpg MiS_CH2M Travel Posse.02.jpg MiS_crypt.02.jpg MiS_crypt.01.JPG

...and those Nabataeans must've been some pretty short li'l phuq'rz...

Last Edited:
"(3) who is an unlawful user of...", and according to the feds, pot is still an unlawful drug to use. Marijuana is a Schedule I substance under the Controlled Substances Act.

So, as soon as you toke, if you own a firearm, you're virtually a felon. So don't buy your guns until after you finished that roach. ;)

There's no getting around the feds thinking pot-users and guns don't mix until the law has changed.

But hey, there's always beer.
View attachment 1430293
Arkansas is treating gun ownership by tokers as a State's Right

Tell me that you hate freedom without telling me that you hate freedom.
You will see in many of my posts that I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. However, a functioning republic requires informed citizens of a sober mind to elect representatives that will allow our government to function. So I'm not saying that imbibing in a substance, whether it be mead or some other article of choice prudently will destroy the Republic, but it is certainly clear that the path we are on is creating a load of zombies that are massively draining services, pay no taxes (the bottom 40% of earners pay a NEGATIVE 7% of income tax due to EITC last I checked), and receive massive amounts of government services. Because of the clear lack of consequences of actions from this group, the rest of us are affected. (And do not take this that I think everyone needing assistance is a deadbeat drug addict, but I have seen plenty that end up here from poor life choices involving drugs and alcohol.)

My freedom becomes limited where it impinges on another's freedom for my sake or benefit. E.g., I can carry a gun but not in your house if you don't want me to.

The drug culture and the fact that states are allowed to blatantly ignore federal law related to this has been a huge detriment to society. Take Oregon. In the past 10 years, gun laws have been greatly increased and drug laws have become basically non-existent. What happened? PDX and other areas are hellholes. So what is their answer?

More gun control.

I think there can be a respectful dialog about this. Often "freedom" in the Republic can be a complex issue.

You will see in many of my posts that I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. However, a functioning republic requires informed citizens of a sober mind to elect representatives that will allow our government to function. So I'm not saying that imbibing in a substance, whether it be mead or some other article of choice prudently will destroy the Republic, but it is certainly clear that the path we are on is creating a load of zombies that are massively draining services, pay no taxes (the bottom 40% of earners pay a NEGATIVE 7% of income tax due to EITC last I checked), and receive massive amounts of government services. Because of the clear lack of consequences of actions from this group, the rest of us are affected. (And do not take this that I think everyone needing assistance is a deadbeat drug addict, but I have seen plenty that end up here from poor life choices involving drugs and alcohol.)

My freedom becomes limited where it impinges on another's freedom for my sake or benefit. E.g., I can carry a gun but not in your house if you don't want me to.

The drug culture and the fact that states are allowed to blatantly ignore federal law related to this has been a huge detriment to society. Take Oregon. In the past 10 years, gun laws have been greatly increased and drug laws have become basically non-existent. What happened? PDX and other areas are hellholes. So what is their answer?

More gun control.

I think there can be a respectful dialog about this. Often "freedom" in the Republic can be a complex issue.
The vast majority of pot smokers are employed tax payers.

The vast majority of pot smokers are employed tax payers.
Perhaps. I've never seen a statistic showing either way and this would be a difficult one to get accurate research on anyway. It has also perhaps always been this way. But there are also far more marijuana zombies out there. Some of the shops hand out free samples to the homeless community (I have family that works with the community) so when they get their monthly checks they know where to spend it. There are virtually no legal repercussions to drug abuse along the left coast and many other places.

My point would be, IMHO there are enormously more dangerous users of drugs out there (and ones who impinge on our rights) compared to dangerous firearms owners.

Perhaps. I've never seen a statistic showing either way and this would be a difficult one to get accurate research on anyway. It has also perhaps always been this way. But there are also far more marijuana zombies out there. Some of the shops hand out free samples to the homeless community (I have family that works with the community) so when they get their monthly checks they know where to spend it. There are virtually no legal repercussions to drug abuse along the left coast and many other places.

My point would be, IMHO there are enormously more dangerous users of drugs out there (and ones who impinge on our rights) compared to dangerous firearms owners.
I'd argue that unemployed bums would be unemployed bums whether they smoked weed or not . The weed is just window dressing. Having known a fair share of high functioning (pun) pot smokers over the years who did it for relaxation AFTER a hard days work I can't say I agree with the premise that marijuana makes you a lazy bum. It absolutely does not make you more inherently dangerous to the point where you should not be allowed to own firearms.

Last Edited:
I'd argue that unemployed bums would be unemployed bums whether they smoked weed or not . The weed is just window dressing. Having known a fair share of high functioning (pun) pot smokers over the years who did it for relaxation AFTER a hard days work I can't say I agree with the premise that marijuana makes you a lazy bum.
I'll second that. I've known plenty of potheads, both personally and professionally, and all of them have been gainfully employed, in many cases with high-paying jobs. The software field is full of potheads, many clearing $200k or above. A large number of grey-hat and black-hat hackers smoke pot. Lots of folks take it to help with stress, anxiety, insomnia, pain relief, and other medical needs. Bear in mind that a lot of folks in the tech industry are not neurotypical, so the cases of OCD, autism, Asperger's, and other disorders are significantly higher in that industry than others. In some cases using cannabis to take the edge off the symptoms is less impactful to them than taking prescription meds.

I'd argue that unemployed bums would be unemployed bums whether they smoked weed or not . The weed is just window dressing. Having known a fair share of high functioning (pun) pot smokers over the years who did it for relaxation AFTER a hard days work I can't say I agree with the premise that marijuana makes you a lazy bum. It absolutely does not make you more inherently dangerous to the point where you should not be allowed to own firearms.
I don't think he ever said that. And I'm not sure that it's entirely true that all bums would still be bums if it weren't for drugs.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top