JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One can argue or '"debate" the effects of marijuana all day long...
Well maybe between naps and snacks....:D

It don't matter what I or anyone else thinks about marijuana usage or legality.
What does matter is what Federal Law says....
State law , while important....is still overruled so to speak by Federal law....
Since state law applies only to those who live a work in a particular state...whereas...Federal law applies to everyone....
Well unless you are of a specific political family....kidding here.....( Kinda )
All of which leafs...err...leaves a mess to figure out.
Andy

It absolutely does not make you more inherently dangerous to the point where you should not be allowed to own firearms.
There is a growing body of research that is indicating this is likely not true. The research is not yet mature so not a lot is available yet, but indications are starting to show a link between high levels of marijuana usage and mass shooters. We know it about triples the incidents of schizophrenia (even at lower use levels) and short-term psychosis also increases.

This is a massively complex issue. I'm not saying that just because you imbibe in the herb you are a deadbeat druggie. No more than if you have a beer after work you are an alcoholic. I know the higher THC content, mixed with easy to use ingestion methods like edibles, has made heavier users out of some. We have been seeing marijuana overdoses in schools for quite a while now. That was unheard of 20 years ago.

It don't matter what I or anyone else thinks about marijuana usage or legality.
What does matter is what Federal Law says....
State law , while important....is still overruled so to speak by Federal law....
Since state law applies only to those who live a work in a particular state...whereas...Federal law applies to everyone....
I will argue that this single event, specifically related to states being able to ignore marijuana laws, has literally led to a major downfall of society. It has emboldened them (states, and sometimes counties and cities) to ignore pretty much whatever they want with impunity.

I will argue that this single event, specifically related to states being able to ignore marijuana laws, has literally led to a major downfall of society. It has emboldened them (states, and sometimes counties and cities) to ignore pretty much whatever they want with impunity.
I can't argue with that...:)

My main idea in my post was...
At the end of the day...what Federal law states...is what is important.
Not what I think or anyone else thinks about marijuana usage.

One can certainly ignore laws...
Risk versus reward is something to consider here...as well as ...
Just how big a fight or example to you want or want to be made of.
Andy

When I'm signing that piece of paper, it's a point of honor for me to tell the truth. I'm signing my name to it.
It does ( what you deleted). Lose that badge of honor nonsense. You're being manipulated

The whole marijuana gun thing is just a holdover from Jim Crow to keep the blacks and Mexicans from owning guns .

Last Edited:
I don't see the connection between preventing blacks and Mexicans from owning guns and disallowing ownership due to use of cannabis. What does one have to do with the other? I'm aware of the history, I just don't see the contemporary connection.

Memorization of the 4473 form isn't good. But it seems to me that the marijuana specific question on the form is fairly recent. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That's how you're going to live you'r life?
Well, on this point, yes. I have rolled through a few stop signs in my life, but I'd hate to lose my right to own a gun because of the discrepancy between state and federal law. As I said, I don't like signing my name to a lie.

I don't see the connection between preventing blacks and Mexicans from owning guns and disallowing ownership due to use of cannabis. What does one have to do with the other? I'm aware of the history, I just don't see the contemporary connection.

Memorization of the 4473 form isn't good. But it seems to me that the marijuana specific question on the form is fairly recent. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Its not a contemporary connection. It goes back to the Jim Crow era and no one has the balls to repeal it . Remember that America, the land of the free, was an Apartheid state until well into the 1960's. The marijuana thing was just another tool in the toolbox of keeping guns out of the hands of minorities who were the primary users of marijuana.

The marijuana thing has been there since 1968 since the inception of the GCA.

Its not a contemporary connection. It goes back to the Jim Crow era and no one has the balls to repeal it . Remember that America, the land of the free, was an Apartheid state until well into the 1960's. The marijuana thing was just another tool in the toolbox of keeping guns out of the hands of minorities who were the primary users of marijuana.

The marijuana thing has been there since 1968 since the inception of the GCA.
So pot laws are racist? Sorry, I don't buy that one.

I'd argue that unemployed bums would be unemployed bums whether they smoked weed or not . The weed is just window dressing. Having known a fair share of high functioning (pun) pot smokers over the years who did it for relaxation AFTER a hard days work I can't say I agree with the premise that marijuana makes you a lazy bum. It absolutely does not make you more inherently dangerous to the point where you should not be allowed to own firearms.
Word. It should be differentiated like "owning" vs "using". I can own a car and drink but its not legal to use it while intoxicated. And yeah, I have called the sherriff on intoxicated "users" of firearms.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top