JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
ATF director ignores deadline request for Gunrunner documents

Kenneth E. Melson, acting director of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has “blown past” yesterday’s deadline for the delivery of key documents relating to the Project Gunrunner inquiry that was launched recently by Congressman Darrell Issa (R-CA), chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform

<broken link removed>

The agency is rogue and arrogant as heck. This is the perfect time in our nation's history to cut the Fed budget by totally eliminating BATF and Expletives

They are still writing the documents that make them look innocent....that takes time folks!!! You have to post date the time stamps in the database....get your stories straight across the organization......be real folks!!!!!

Keep bangin' the drum Dave. Unfortunately, Congress is largely irrelevant and merely ceremonial these days. The Federal Reserve chairman directly refuses to anwer questions with zero repercussions, Obama starts bombing Libya without telling congress ahead of time - let alone following the constitution and making the case for congress to declare war. I predict the ATF will continue to dodge congress with no consequences. At most, they will fry some mid-level lackeys and kick the rest of the mess under the carpet.

Keep bangin' the drum Dave. Unfortunately, Congress is largely irrelevant and merely ceremonial these days. The Federal Reserve chairman directly refuses to anwer questions with zero repercussions, Obama starts bombing Libya without telling congress ahead of time - let alone following the constitution and making the case for congress to declare war. I predict the ATF will continue to dodge congress with no consequences. At most, they will fry some mid-level lackeys and kick the rest of the mess under the carpet.

Sadly, in this age of multi-national corporations, it is not only Congress that is irrelevant, but nations. National politics is kabuki theater, meaningless and powerless to effect change that will have any impact on world events that is not sanctioned by the power (money) circles. And just for historical accuracy, there hasn't been a declaration of war since Dec 8 1941.

Looks that way, doesn't it? But then keep in mind that shocking and positive events do sometimes happen. Look at Heller Vs DC and McDonald vs Chicago.. If you had told me 10 years ago that the USSC would rule that way I would have snorted at you and laughed sarcastically. I think some serious events are coming our way and we may be in for a lot of surprises

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top