JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Read somewhere that the atf reversed their opinion on shouldering a pistol brace but only for sbtactical brand braces.

Here comes the pistol builds:D

Well I was about to press send on the link to the article, but Norwestr beat me to it. Looks legit though, but ONLY for the SB Tactical brace - not for any other maker. Something tells me those braces are going to sell out quickly.

So, here is a video on it:

I wonder though, if that's only the brace for the MPX? Or for their other braces??

So, reading the article on TTAG, it appears this new clarification is specific to the SB Tactical brace, and does not (yet) apply to Sig or KAK.

Here is a link to the ATF's new letter - specifically directed to SB Tactical: https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/w...es-Stabilizing-Brace-Letter-Final-3.21.17.pdf

So, reading the paragraph below, can we now assume this ruling applies to all braces? Including Sig and KAK??

Here is the key paragraph in the letter:

SB Tactical Brace Info.JPG

The ATF's interpretation of 2015 was, in their own words, incorrect. Damn, I hope that holds, I've got a pistol build I'm about to finish and daddy wants to shoulder that bad boy without a damn $200 stamp!

Hey, I'm on board with this as well. I have a completed AR pistol with a KAK Shockwave that just screams for me to shoulder it. I have actually. In the privacy of my own home. Unloaded. Just for fitment and testing purposes ONLY. :)

hopefully the shockwave blade stabilizer is next to be ok. it doesnt come with an arm strap so would adding one redisgn it? i know a guy who made an end cap for holding the letter that shockwave sends with their stabilizers...is that a redisign? HMMM

It looks to me that it applies to all braces in general not just the Tactical Brace as long as it hasn't been reconfigured to be used as a shoulder stock. But I've never been accused of being a lawyer.

Last Edited:
You betcha etrain! And honestly, you CAN fit rifle lowers to pistol uppers and so forth, for testing purposes only as long as you don't actually fire them that way.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top