JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We've seen "assault weapons" ban that lasted for 10 years. Ammo shortages that lasted two years. We are now in the middle of both a gun and ammo shortage brought on by the plague and the rioting. If you are wondering at all about what the left is thinking of doing on the national level, all you have to do is look at places like California and New York to see what's been done already. We even have retired SCOTUS justices openly writing "Op Eds" about repealing 2A.

If you've just turned 21 or are brand new to firearms and don't know the history, that is understandable. But if you've been a gun owner for any significant amount of time, I'm not sure how else to impress upon you...if there is anything that you want and particularly if it's something you NEED, do not wait! You should be working to secure what you and your family need as quickly as possible when the markets are stable. Stack high and deep!

Nobody can predict what the future holds. But we've seen enough shortages, volatility and outright 2A tyranny to know that NOTHING is safe and at the very least there will be MORE shortages. If the left wins POTUS and gains control of the senate you should expect a massive attack on 2A. Hell they're not even trying to hide their disdain or their plans.

Further, we are already in a shortage of guns and ammo right now. It ain't going to get better before the election. And if the left wins in November, whatever small supply of things there might be in the market now, will be gone in a heartbeat.

Further, we are already in a shortage of guns and ammo right now. It ain't going to get better before the election. And if the left wins in November, whatever small supply of things there might be in the market now, will be gone in a heartbeat.

And might stay gone forever in some cases. Restrictive policies can and will shut down some manufacturers. If certain items are made illegal, they cannot be sold and the makers go out of business. Or they might be so heavily regulated as to strangle manufacturers into quitting the business. A full-on, anti-2A empowered left wing will completely overwhelm manufacturer's lobbyists. Impacts on the economy will be deemed an acceptable sacrifice.

I disagree. I think the DNC leadership will ram an AWB down our throats at the first opportunity. I don't think they think it is a losing strategy and Biden would sign whatever is put in front of him. His mental capacity is so compromised, his handlers and VP would be running the country.

Exactly right. Their presidential candidates campaigned openly and loudly that they would take away our guns. Beto, one of the worst, almost beat Cruz in TEXAS!!! If Biden wins, and they take the Senate, then by March 1, 2021 (8 months from now), there will at a minimum be an AWB probably worse than the 1994 AWB, and there will be no "sunset" provision like the last AWB. They may even go for confiscation of black rifles - that is what they really want - and many of them said so openly. David Hog, the mad moms, and the kook fringe will be putting heavy pressure on Ds to confiscate. Biden promised to make gun manufacturers liable for gun crime committed by thugs; he promised to drive them out of business. Every D politician with no exception will vote for every bit of it without hesitation.

Those who think Ds are afraid of gun control have apparently been living under a rock. This is 2020; 1994 is ancient history - US gun control politics is not in any way similar today - sadly many on this website do not seem to understand just how different it is.

As sheeple we will comply to the politicians and government employees wishes we are here to serve our masters. Marxism is the fast trackto the one world government praise Lucifer ,,, no?

Unfortunately, there is a fair chance that Dems will win total control and do everything they can to remove as many firearms from public ownership as they can. If you want an AR, bite the bullet and buy one. Paying a couple hundred extra is not that big of a deal in the big picture. However, know that the Dems may do away with any grandfather clause and confiscate your AR.

Unfortunately, there is a fair chance that Dems will win total control and do everything they can to remove as many firearms from public ownership as they can. If you want an AR, bite the bullet and buy one. Paying a couple hundred extra is not that big of a deal in the big picture. However, know that the Dems may do away with any grandfather clause and confiscate your AR.
"and TRY TO confiscate your AR"

Fixed ha ha.

It's a good point though because in the distant past grandfather clause applied. But not so with bump stock ban. If they can get away with no grandfather clause, they will.

Get you some decent uppers and LPKs, and buy a bunch of 80%-ers and finish 'em yerseff. Off-grid, baby!

That is the tricky part, regardless of your political views IF Trump gets elected there is a 90% chance no heavy restrictions (federally) will come our way, it'll be limited to state by state action and once again the market will be so saturated with AR's, kits and parts they'll practically be giving them away ($250 kits, $350-$400 rifles), mags for sale like crazy..

Here's an idea for the OP -- hedge. By an AR now for a few hundred bucks over the price last Christmas AND place a bet in Vegas on Trump winning the election.

If Trump loses, you'll be patting yourself on the back for getting in only a few hundred over the valley price. You'll be out $100 or so on your bet, but your rifle will be worth twice as much, so no real loss.

If Trump wins, your winnings in Vegas will more than make up for paying a peak price and you can invest in a few 1000 rd cases of ammo.

Democrats learned a lot from the 1994 ban. Lessons like they lose elections when they start pushing gun bans. Biden isnt a quarter the commie Obama was and Obama had several really high profile mass shootings during his term. No gun bans and not even a real effort to push one even when he had both houses. Biden is a 70's style Union boss Democrat. The Democrats want power to spend and they arent going to keep that if they push stuff no one really wants.

Biden's platform already includes putting semi-auto rifles under the NFA. Commie or not, he's an enemy of the 2A.

Here's an idea for the OP -- hedge. By an AR now for a few hundred bucks over the price last Christmas AND place a bet in Vegas on Trump winning the election.

If Trump loses, you'll be patting yourself on the back for getting in only a few hundred over the valley price. You'll be out $100 or so on your bet, but your rifle will be worth twice as much, so no real loss.

If Trump wins, your winnings in Vegas will more than make up for paying a peak price and you can invest in a few 1000 rd cases of ammo.
Hahaha True, was just trying to save the OP money. In 08 I was one of those panic buyers.. raked myself over the coals on a few "must have" purchases.
Bare minimum.. I think if cost was a huge concern: a lower, LPK (possibly) and mags would be worth buying asap and prevent overspending.

Hahaha True, was just trying to save the OP money. In 08 I was one of those panic buyers.. raked myself over the coals on a few "must have" purchases.
Bare minimum.. I think if cost was a huge concern: a lower, LPK (possibly) and mags would be worth buying asap and prevent overspending.

It's always easy to look back and kick yourself -- I'm intentionally not trying to not do that. I recently paid close to $50 for a box of small rifle primers (plus shipping and hazmat) and I was kicking myself for not ordering two boxes two months ago when I ordered one box at regular price -- but I told myself to knock it off. If things turn bad, I'll be glad I have an extra thousand on hand. If they don't -- I'm out about $30 (when you factor in the hazmat fee, although I did order powder to spread it around some). My life is not going to be ruined by $30 -- or $300 -- and I'd much rather have them then not.

Funny thing, I was at a LGS last weekend and they had 10 hundred-primer trays of the exact small rifle primers I favor -- I took five of them, was tempted to take them all but I made myself be somewhat altruistic and only took half. Now I have 2350 small rifle primers in total and I feel great. That's as many primers as I have powder for, but I'm shy about 700 pills. I'll gladly overpay for them and not kick myself.

I am growing dejected.

Don't worry too much about prices. This is what happens when you buy during a run on stock. You are not looking for a good deal right now, but about arming yourself for an emergency. If you have to use the gun for defense, $900 for a basic AR will seem cheap.

Keep in mind that before this run-up in prices, AR-15s were at historic low prices. They couldn't give 'em away. So it makes no sense to complain about prices being higher. We are in a different environment now.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top