JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi All,

I am a little late to the AR club, aka don't own one. I don't consider my M&P 15-22 one, even though WA state does according to its RCW. My question is if Biden wins would the assault weapons ban be resurrected (and if so, how soon)? If republicans kept the Senate would this essentially prevent it? I am in a position where I am tempted to purchase a gouge-me price AR just to get grandfathered in, but I can very well just wait until later in case things stay neutral and prices come down to pre-pandemic/pre-election year craziness. I know no one here has a crystal ball but just curious for some sensible responses. Not really looking for fear-mongering type of responses. Just what is reasonable to expect. TIA
My suggestion would be to look at it from your long term goals/plan. If u see yourself as getting an AR in the future at some point (ie if it's of your plan) then the pressure of possible regulation might be a good reason to speed up the timetable imo. Having seen the high capacity mags etc go away before, it was a bad feeling knowing u couldn't get what you want to get.

It seems to me that while it may not be possible to see what is going to happen to gun laws in the future, we can simply look to the past in the US, and the past and current in other countries to some extent, to see what might happen.

IMO gun laws come about due to public outcry from mass shootings, or other High profile shootings. In the US we had the Valentine's Day massacre and other mob violence which brought about the 1934 NFA laws that we still have today. In countries such as Britain, pretty much every gun law occurred after a high profile shooting (especially shooting of a sitting politician). Check wiki Britain gun laws for the history. One could argue the same for the recent Canada ban too I suppose but I don't know that much about the Canada situation.

So in addition to the political pulse of the US at the moment and after the next election, I would suggest considering the question, "Do u think there will be more mass shootings in the future (or high profile shootings)"?

One question I have and maybe no onesknows the answer to is, "new gun owners who buy due to fear of the current social situation In the US, are they going to support gun rights in the future?" What I mean is let's say they were anti-gun before and now that they have their gun, are they going to go back to trying keeping everyone else from having guns? Personally I don't think many understand the part about why the right to bear arms is so important to preventing tyranny, but they do understand about being in fear for their lives. I wouldn't assume they are suddenly pro-gun but I don't know maybe they are? I mention this because I often hear people saying that the "x anti gun political group" will now be more pro-gun. I'm not so sure. It's an unknown I think.

Last Edited:
I disagree. I think the DNC leadership will ram an AWB down our throats at the first opportunity. I don't think they think it is a losing strategy and Biden would sign whatever is put in front of him. His mental capacity is so compromised, his handlers and VP would be running the country.

The DNC mantra includes......

Preventing Gun Violence
With 33,000 Americans dying every year**, Democrats believe that we must finally take sensible action to address gun violence. While responsible gun ownership is part of the fabric of many communities, too many families in America have suffered from gun violence. We can respect the rights of responsible gun owners while keeping our communities safe. To build on the success of the lifesaving Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, we will expand and strengthen background checks and close dangerous loopholes in our current laws; repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) to revoke the dangerous legal immunity protections gun makers and sellers now enjoy; and keep weapons of war—such as assault weapons and large capacity ammunition magazines (LCAM's)—off our streets. We will fight back against attempts to make it harder for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to revoke federal licenses from law breaking gun dealers, and ensure guns do not fall into the hands of terrorists, intimate partner abusers, other violent criminals, and those with severe mental health issues. There is insufficient research on effective gun prevention policies, which is why the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention must have the resources it needs to study gun violence as a public health issue.

Taken from: https://www.democrats.org/party-platform#gun-violence

VOTE for them at your own peril.

Aloha, Mark

OK....I just clicked my own link (note #42).

The DNC has toned down their stance on "assault weapons". It's not mentioned anymore with the new platform. Maybe it's that they realized that Americans actually like AR15s? OR, that maybe they realized that their stance was hurting the party? Cough, cough....

Whatever....I wouldn't and don't trust them. They don't have to mention the specifics anymore. Because I've already seen it in writing......where they want America to go with regards to gun ownership.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Funny... When I click on the Dem party platform (whilst holding my nose), I notice that in every image that pops up, there's not a single white person anywhere.
Everyone is a POC. E V E R Y O N E... In their headlong rush to court the POC vote, they have completely alienated the largest voting bloc, by far, in America.
I guess this is the Dems' latest blatant attempt at pandering to people of color... :rolleyes:

Well your avatar says Seattle.
You might just try looking out side king county.
What I mean is look in gun shops for used ones or you can even find new ones for a good price .
The gun shop up here has a used section.
But .
I have been in the store when they put a used AR15 on the shelf and before the guy walked away from putting it on the shelf.
Someone has asked to look at it and then buy it.
Just have to keep looking and if you find one you like buy it .
BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES.

Right! Nine or ten completes right now, plus parts for 2 or 3 more. And yet... I still feel like I need "just one more"... :rolleyes:

I think I need to find a local chapter of ARA... :oops:

Last Edited:
Now, ya see, that's where you and I differ...

I still have my very, very first AR, an original Colt A2 Sporter II from way back in 1983 or 84. It's got sentimental value to me at this point, it being my first one.

Ever since the unfortunate boating accident with the bumpstock that was on it, I just don't take it out much anymore. But I still love it like a trusted friend.

Here she is, from about 3 years ago, a bit before the accident...

View attachment SlideFire_Sobo.01.normal.MOV

Biden already said if president, he'd appoint Beta O'Rourke (former Tx congressman and candidate for prez) who said in the debates "Hell Ya We're Coming To Take Your AR & AK" as 'Gun Control Czar'.

The only thing these democrats learned from the 1994 ban and subsequent election loss was how to make the ban more complete by including any gun with (1) offensive feature vs. (3) as before. So hell yeah, if they keep the House, gain the Senate and White House, it's good by time.

BTW, Biden also said he'd start by requiring all hi cap semi-autos to be NFA registered arms, which today is 6+ months and a couple hundred dollars added to a firearm. If across the board, make that a year or more and expect the fee jacked sky high. IMHO

My first I still have but I have changed the barrel .
I never sold a whole gun but I did sale some parts here and there .
And I have donated some parts to friends .
And some builds on here.
I went through really bad buying spree a few years ago .
I had so many parts that I didn't know what to do with it all .
I could have built 10 more guns .
But I decided to help out others building guns.

To the OP if not already mentioned and if you are still on the fence, purchase a complete AR lower. For $200 now, you could figure the rest out later.

Even if a ban did happen one could always get an upper. Also, AR pistols might be an option. I don't know the laws in Wa related to pistols, though.

To the OP if not already mentioned and if you are still on the fence, purchase a complete AR lower. For $200 now, you could figure the rest out later.

Even if a ban did happen one could always get an upper. Also, AR pistols might be an option. I don't know the laws in Wa related to pistols, though.
Yep I have got a few PSA uppers .
And got a few lowers .
Basically he could split it up if he can't afford to buy it all at once.
I have also bought complete uppers from MIDWAY USA that where cheap because they said blemish but I only found small I mean Small scratch on it.

Well put. I will procure magazines to start. I want to stay out of the lower priced AR's though. My original price point was the $800. Presently, closer to $1,400
An $800 rifle will go bang as many times as a $1400. But for $1K you can do mighty well. Optic - get a good red dot

Last Edited:
I'm curious, if you were into ARs back then, why wouldn't you go full auto?
I don't recall. Probably money mostly. Lack of it, I mean.
I was only in my mid-20s back then. Didn't have a lot of scratch for full auto funness.
But this one was FA... :)

Spring 1984 (MAC 10).01.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads