JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi All,

I am a little late to the AR club, aka don't own one. I don't consider my M&P 15-22 one, even though WA state does according to its RCW. My question is if Biden wins would the assault weapons ban be resurrected (and if so, how soon)? If republicans kept the Senate would this essentially prevent it? I am in a position where I am tempted to purchase a gouge-me price AR just to get grandfathered in, but I can very well just wait until later in case things stay neutral and prices come down to pre-pandemic/pre-election year craziness. I know no one here has a crystal ball but just curious for some sensible responses. Not really looking for fear-mongering type of responses. Just what is reasonable to expect. TIA

AR15 rifles show up here in our classifieds from time to time at decent prices...
I would only say that if you see one you like...and have the money..then buy it.

As for a upcoming firearm ban....there is always that possibility.
Buy what you want....do your best to not allow others to control you or your actions.
Andy

AR15 rifles show here in our classifieds from time to time at decent prices...
I would only say that if you see one you like...and have the money..then buy it.

As for a upcoming firearm ban....there is always that possibility.
Buy what you want....do your best to not allow others to control you or your actions.
Andy
Thank you for your message. I tried to check out a Ruger MPR 556 in Feb when they were $559, but they were freshly out of stock that day. Same rifle is selling for $860 now GRRR. The other day had added to cart FN DMR2, also fresh out. I am growing dejected.

I think the way things are right now, even attempting a national ban would be like trying to put out a fire with gas. It's just not gonna happen and I think everyone ok both sides realizes it. Just wait for things to settle down if you want a good deal. The market will get absolutely flooded with barely used rifles on the cheap

I think the way things are right now, even attempting a national ban would be like trying to put out a fire with gas. It's just not gonna happen and I think everyone ok both sides realizes it. Just wait for things to settle down if you want a good deal. The market will get absolutely flooded with barely used rifles on the cheap
I like this answer, haha. And yes I am totally fine with waiting. I have lots of other guns to enjoy.

If President Trump loses and conservatives lose the Senate too, and worse for you in WA, Inslee wins a third term, I personally think they're all going to try to start collecting the auto-loading rifles and handguns.

They've been drooling over this stupid unconstitutional idea for years and the perfect storm of gun hating liberal election wins could happen. It'll start small like for only for Seattle/King County and spread like a cancer :mad:

I'll stop there but I agree with your hope about getting an AR now so it might be "grandfathered" for a time if things do get really bad :(

If President Trump loses and conservatives lose the Senate too, and worse for you in WA, Inslee wins a third term, I personally think they're all going to try to start collecting the auto-loading rifles and handguns.

They've been drooling over this stupid unconstitutional idea for years and the perfect storm of gun hating liberal election wins could happen. It'll start small like for only for Seattle/King County and spread like a cancer :mad:

I'll stop there but I agree with your hope about getting an AR now so it might be "grandfathered" for a time if things do get really bad :(
I am a native of Seattle, and I've seen first-hand the deterioration of a once charming area. This place sucks now, and Intend to move very soon, maybe even by the years-end. I was looking at higher-priced rifles because the demand is softer. I would rather buy a $1,200 FN AR for $1,400 than some $500 M&P Sport for $900. Someone on gun deals wrote a comment about this and I liked it, so it's not my original statement.

Hi All,

I am a little late to the AR club, aka don't own one. I don't consider my M&P 15-22 one, even though WA state does according to its RCW. My question is if Biden wins would the assault weapons ban be resurrected (and if so, how soon)? If republicans kept the Senate would this essentially prevent it? I am in a position where I am tempted to purchase a gouge-me price AR just to get grandfathered in, but I can very well just wait until later in case things stay neutral and prices come down to pre-pandemic/pre-election year craziness. I know no one here has a crystal ball but just curious for some sensible responses. Not really looking for fear-mongering type of responses. Just what is reasonable to expect. TIA
That is the tricky part, regardless of your political views IF Trump gets elected there is a 90% chance no heavy restrictions (federally) will come our way, it'll be limited to state by state action and once again the market will be so saturated with AR's, kits and parts they'll practically be giving them away ($250 kits, $350-$400 rifles), mags for sale like crazy..

Many say if you dont have something now, go ahead and buy it to be safe, but I wouldnt over spend. A quality AR with a few mags should still run about $600 I still see offerings at that price point. Which isnt gouging unless you count the saturated market we were in pre covid/election.

Im about 75% sure elections will work out and the market will be fine and saturated once more. What you CAN still get is a lower (stripped or complete) and mags.. (many mags while the getting is still good).

Hypothetically, post ban.. Later on the uppers and various FCG parts will all be readily available they can ban entire upper units but I doubt they can ban serviceable parts and uppers/upper components.. that would requier tons of additional (and specific) lawyering beyond that MANY companies find ways to skirt tyrannical law and once again we'll have most of what we need . Its been that way after every single fire-sale type panic we've seen in this market.

Best of luck, better late than never.

Hi All,

No one here has a crystal ball so we can't "know". The people who are all in on gun control LONG ago stopped pretending they are not for taking guns. As always they have to start somewhere. The "Black Rifles" are of course always first on the list. The problem is gun owners. A huge swath of them either do not want to "get involved"at all. Always the same excuses, votes don't matter, we are outnumbered, bah, blah. Many that do vote actively vote for those who are wetting their pants to to take the guns. Many of them don't own a Black Rifle, say they don't want to, so they don't care. Right up until some new law effects them of course. :(
So bottom line no one can tell you how far laws will go since the answer is as far as gun owners allow. The way it's been going? I fully expect to see us lose in my life time but, I keep hoping voters will wake up. So if you want a Black Rifle? waiting is not going to change anything. Either we will lose them or we will not. Want one? Wait till this latest panic is over and buy one. Now is of course NOT the time to try to buy.

tshirt-awb.jpg

Funny that you bring up the old 1994 ban and relate it to a possibly "new ban". That being said.....do you really think that the gun-grabbers haven't learned a thing since then? But, what do I know.....I don't think like a _________.

Anyway.....for entertainment purposes.

Aloha, Mark

That is the tricky part, regardless of your political views IF Trump gets elected there is a 90% chance no heavy restrictions (federally) will come our way, it'll be limited to state by state action and once again the market will be so saturated with AR's, kits and parts they'll practically be giving them away ($250 kits, $350-$400 rifles), mags for sale like crazy..

Many say if you dont have something now, go ahead and buy it to be safe, but I wouldnt over spend. A quality AR with a few mags should still run about $600 I still see offerings at that price point. Which isnt gouging unless you count the saturated market we were in pre covid/election.

Im about 75% sure elections will work out and the market will be fine and saturated once more. What you CAN still get is a lower (stripped or complete) and mags.. (many mags while the getting is still good).

Hypothetically, post ban.. Later on the uppers and various FCG parts will all be readily available they can ban entire upper units but I doubt they can ban serviceable parts and uppers/upper components.. that would requier tons of additional (and specific) lawyering beyond that MANY companies find ways to skirt tyrannical law and once again we'll have most of what we need . Its been that way after every single fire-sale type panic we've seen in this market.

Best of luck, better late than never.
Thorough and thoughtful, thank you. What do you mean by "elections will work out"? I'm kind of hedging on things being back to normal as well, but don't want to feel like an idiot. I would prefer to buy a more expensive rifle at present, like the FN, they didn't seem to superficially inflate like its lower price-point counterparts.

No one here has a crystal ball so we can't "know". The people who are all in on gun control LONG ago stopped pretending they are not for taking guns. As always they have to start somewhere. The "Black Rifles" are of course always first on the list. The problem is gun owners. A huge swath of them either do not want to "get involved"at all. Always the same excuses, votes don't matter, we are outnumbered, bah, blah. Many that do vote actively vote for those who are wetting their pants to to take the guns. Many of them don't own a Black Rifle, say they don't want to, so they don't care. Right up until some new law effects them of course. :(
So bottom line no one can tell you how far laws will go since the answer is as far as gun owners allow. The way it's been going? I fully expect to see us lose in my life time but, I keep hoping voters will wake up. So if you want a Black Rifle? waiting is not going to change anything. Either we will lose them or we will not. Want one? Wait till this latest panic is over and buy one. Now is of course NOT the time to try to buy.
Very well put, I enjoyed reading your thoughts. I surmise I will wait.

A further thought....
Any firearm can / will be on someone's "You can't own this " list.

Buy what you want when you can....
Prices are what they are....you can't buy something today for last year's or a decades ago price..
Sure you can wait....and hope the prices goes down , you find that great deal...or the like....
Or...
You could wait too long....and just be outta luck.
Do your homework...price check / compare...and when you can buy what you want.
Andy

Some gun musings about why I want one now.

A sentiment that is easily agreeable and universally shared: "No one has the right to harm anyone else." Sure this is protected by common law with the inception of assault/battery/murder charges, etc. Exploring this more fundamentally, you have a universal right to be free and to feel safe. Self-defense is justifiable and protected by these aforementioned elements firstly, and secondly by any legal ramifications. Firearms were an early technological advent and thus the supply is vast. Most reasonable people would only want/need something to preserve their inalienable universal right to safety in an equal capacity (or possibly greater). If Assault rifle manufacturing, distribution and sale should cease and a reasonable person seeks to feel safe, how can they? The playing field is hardly one of equity. If nefarious people (criminals) possess an Assault-Rifle, and because you were late to the party, you are placed in a decided disadvantage. How this translates is that common law, which purportedly serves to protect you, actually harms you and precedes Universal Law, which should never be the case. If the state revokes your ability to own a select firearm but it's been in circulation for dozens of decades, and only those grandfathered in are able to maintain ownership are the criminals who already had them. Who is the loser here? You lose by virtue of a states bureaucracy.

Good thinking, I was considering a build months ago, maybe time to revisit the idea.
Now that works. Have not looked but stripped lower may well still turn up without paying insane price. Then when this latest panic is over you can finish. It's amazingly easy to do. Just looked at the auction and they have many in the range of $100, which is several times what they sold for before the panic but, hey gives you an idea of what they are going for now. You may find one at half that for a "known" brand. If so lay it in for later.

A further thought....
Any firearm can / will be on someone's "You can't own this " list.

Buy what you want when you can....
Prices are what they are....you can't buy something today for last years or a decades ago price..
Sure you can wait....and hope the prices goes down , you find that great deal...or the like....
Or...
You could wait too long....and just be outta luck.
Do your homework...price check / compare...and when you can buy what you want.
Andy
If that FN DMR 2 comes back soon I will buy it.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews