JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am a native of Seattle, and I've seen first-hand the deterioration of a once charming area. This place sucks now, and Intend to move very soon, maybe even by the years-end. I was looking at higher-priced rifles because the demand is softer. I would rather buy a $1,200 FN AR for $1,400 than some $500 M&P Sport for $900. Someone on gun deals wrote a comment about this and I liked it, so it's not my original statement.
I learned that lesson a long time ago in the service - better to spend the money and effort now to get as much capability and quality as you can, and if you never need it, so good but if you scrimp or train a little less now it may haunt you latter when things get really bad.

I still have a kid living in Seattle and she is stubborn about moving out of town. I give her pepper spray or Tasers every year for Christmas :confused:

There was a great thread last week about AR quality rifles at the $1,000 price point, if you didn't see it yet.

Good shooting...

I learned that lesson a long time ago in the service - better to spend the money and effort now to get as much capability and quality as you can, and if you never need it, so good but if you scrimp or train a little less now it may haunt you latter when things get really bad.

I still have a kid living in Seattle and she is stubborn about moving out of town. I give her pepper spray or Tasers every year for Christmas :confused:

There was a great thread last week about AR quality rifles at the $1,000 price point, if you didn't see it yet.

Good shooting...
Poor kid! :( Good on you to equip her with something for that cesspool of a city. I'll look for it. Originally I wanted to spend $1,000 with optics, but have bumped it up to $1,500 to reflect the trends.

I've seen a lot of (imho) inflated AR's in the classified section.

BUT

As has already been pointed out I've seen plenty and very reasonable prices as well.

You might have to travel some to buy them but it's better then paying too much.

Just my 2¢ FWIW

Thorough and thoughtful, thank you. What do you mean by "elections will work out"? I'm kind of hedging on things being back to normal as well, but don't want to feel like an idiot. I would prefer to buy a more expensive rifle at present, like the FN, they didn't seem to superficially inflate like its lower price-point counterparts.
(Regardless of how you vote or your political preference) By work out I simply mean Trump remaining in office. Not trying to push a political opinion here though. I simply mean I dont envision strict gun control policies or national laws moving forward if he is elected for a second term. Perhaps small battles (as seen with bump stocks) or state action but I doubt a national ban would occure.. allowing the market to resaturate and drop the prices drastically again. The market always ramps up then when the public has what they need, calms down or grows bored the market is utterly flooded with firearms and parts.. and the crazy sales start going on. Dirt cheap decent quality stuff (for ARs)
MANY were burned overpaying during panic eras, including myself. I learned though, just trying to save you some cash.
But if you've got about $500-$600 many ARs can still be had. But the $400 and under deals will be less and less common as we march closer to November.

I think the lower and mags are probably the key things to focus on, then piece it together or look for a decent rifle deal.. and even perhaps wait until the market calms down after getting those key components. (Lower, LPK, mags)

Democrats learned a lot from the 1994 ban. Lessons like they lose elections when they start pushing gun bans. Biden isnt a quarter the commie Obama was and Obama had several really high profile mass shootings during his term. No gun bans and not even a real effort to push one even when he had both houses. Biden is a 70's style Union boss Democrat. The Democrats want power to spend and they arent going to keep that if they push stuff no one really wants.

Democrats learned a lot from the 1994 ban. Lessons like they lose elections when they start pushing gun bans. Biden isnt a quarter the commie Obama was and Obama had several really high profile mass shootings during his term. No gun bans and not even a real effort to push one even when he had both houses. Biden is a 70's style Union boss Democrat. The Democrats want power to spend and they arent going to keep that if they push stuff no one really wants.

I disagree. I think the DNC leadership will ram an AWB down our throats at the first opportunity. I don't think they think it is a losing strategy and Biden would sign whatever is put in front of him. His mental capacity is so compromised, his handlers and VP would be running the country.

I thought the same thing, like if they didn't do it during Obama's era, why would it be a strong push now. great thoughts.

I disagree. I think the DNC leadership will ram an AWB down our throats at the first opportunity. I don't think they think it is a losing strategy and Biden would sign whatever is put in front of him. His mental capacity is so compromised, his handlers and VP would be running the country.
Agree on Bidens mental faculties, highly suspect.

(Regardless of how you vote or your political preference) By work out I simply mean Trump remaining in office. Not trying to push a political opinion here though. I simply mean I dont envision strict gun control policies or national laws moving forward if he is elected for a second term. Perhaps small battles (as seen with bump stocks) or state action but I doubt a national ban would occure.. allowing the market to resaturate and drop the prices drastically again. The market always ramps up then when the public has what they need, calms down or grows bored the market is utterly flooded with firearms and parts.. and the crazy sales start going on. Dirt cheap decent quality stuff (for ARs)
MANY were burned overpaying during panic eras, including myself. I learned though, just trying to save you some cash.
But if you've got about $500-$600 many ARs can still be had. But the $400 and under deals will be less and less common as we march closer to November.

I think the lower and mags are probably the key things to focus on, then piece it together or look for a decent rifle deal.. and even perhaps wait until the market calms down after getting those key components. (Lower, LPK, mags)
Well put. I will procure magazines to start. I want to stay out of the lower priced AR's though. My original price point was the $800. Presently, closer to $1,400

Sweet AR

Ive already got a Noveske but If I didn't this is one I'd want.

I am a native of Seattle, and I've seen first-hand the deterioration of a once charming area. This place sucks now, and Intend to move very soon, maybe even by the years-end. I was looking at higher-priced rifles because the demand is softer. I would rather buy a $1,200 FN AR for $1,400 than some $500 M&P Sport for $900. Someone on gun deals wrote a comment about this and I liked it, so it's not my original statement.
Even if that's a comment from gun deals, it's a smart way of thinking on your part. Definitely would be worth it to get a higher end AR if the prices are not gouged as much as the cheaper ones. You get a FN, Daniel Defense, BCM, etc. they will hold a lot of their value regardless.

Doubt it. It doesnt help them further their wider agenda and unless you havent noticed here lately Democrats have suddenly begun to embrace "assault rifles".

Even if that's a comment from gun deals, it's a smart way of thinking on your part. Definitely would be worth it to get a higher end AR if the prices are not gouged as much as the cheaper ones. You get a FN, Daniel Defense, BCM, etc. they will hold a lot of their value regardless.
I like the BCM a lot! havent seen many though lately. Yes prices seem much more stable at these price points

I thought the same thing, like if they didn't do it during Obama's era, why would it be a strong push now. great thoughts.
Have you watched any news of late? They are now openly saying things that a short time ago they would vehemently deny if accused of. The mask is not slipping, they took the mask off and tossed it in the trash they feel so emboldened. Law makers only fear one thing. Losing their job and power. The ones who wanted to take guns always did. They were often afraid to come out and say it as they of course did not want to lose. That anyone can watch them say they want to get rid of Cops can still tell themselves they will not go after guns shows why we have the mess we have. Denial is easy I guess <shrug>
This virus hoax shocked many of them at how easy it was to pull off. When they want the Black Rifles they will do the same thing. Just pass a law. Of course many will refuse to turn them in. The people who pass the law could care less. A LOT of gun owners will line up to follow the new laws. Those that refuse will be just waiting till they get in trouble. It of course will do nada to crime so the solution? More gun laws. Meanwhile most gun owners will keep telling themselves all is fine, it is not really happening :s0054:
Now if a LOT of voters get fed up and kick a few law makers to the curb? Then you will see those left over grab those masks out of the trash and start to deny they ever said all those things they said. Watch them now. They have video of many famous ones saying the exact opposite of what they say now. They will with strait face deny every saying it as the video of them plays. Hey it works they get voted back in, so why not:eek:

Have you watched any news of late? They are now openly saying things that a short time ago they would vehemently deny if accused of. The mask is not slipping, they took the mask off and tossed it in the trash they feel so emboldened. Law makers only fear one thing. Losing their job and power. The ones who wanted to take guns always did. They were often afraid to come out and say it as they of course did not want to lose. That anyone can watch them say they want to get rid of Cops can still tell themselves they will not go after guns shows why we have the mess we have. Denial is easy I guess <shrug>
This virus hoax shocked many of them at how easy it was to pull off. When they want the Black Rifles they will do the same thing. Just pass a law. Of course many will refuse to turn them in. The people who pass the law could care less. A LOT of gun owners will line up to follow the new laws. Those that refuse will be just waiting till they get in trouble. It of course will do nada to crime so the solution? More gun laws. Meanwhile most gun owners will keep telling themselves all is fine, it is not really happening :s0054:
Now if a LOT of voters get fed up and kick a few law makers to the curb? Then you will see those left over grab those masks out of the trash and start to deny they ever said all those things they said. Watch them now. They have video of many famous ones saying the exact opposite of what they say now. They will with strait face deny every saying it as the video of them plays. Hey it works they get voted back in, so why not:eek:
I'm only paying attention as of late tbh.

I'd rather have you be awake than woke. "Woke" is for anarchists, communists, and other assorted loozrz...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads