JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/24/us/oklahoma-car-into-crowd/

Tragic day, but I doubt the liberals will be screaming for a ban on alcohol and cars. It's so ironic how they make a war on gun owners after every shooting. What they fail to see is that any person who wants to cause carnage, willingly or accidently, can easily do it in a free society. Unless, we live in a controlled military/police state type society, like Nazi Germany, you will always have free people who make tragic mistakes. However, look in the long run who has massacred more people.

Had this been done with a gun, there would have been howling, vigils, Obama would have got on TV and screamed at the NRA. However, Mr. Obama is not likely going to fly out to Oklahoma to visit the victims of this terrifying massacre. Yes, it was supposedly done by a woman who was intoxicated, but to ram your car accidently into a crowd of people killing that many seems to be a bit far fetched. It wouldn't surprise me if this woman purposely invoked the carnage. Although, just imagine if this was an accident, which is a good possiblity. Now, imagine someone who delibierately wanted to kill all these people.

The problem we have here is not guns, but too many unarmed and unaware people congregating in a single place. We live in a society where we feel nothing bad can possibly happen and we are trusting of all people and our surroundings. However, as we can see that a person did not need to go to a gun store and train at a range for months to kill , wound and maim dozens of children.

If they ban guns, all that will happen is law abiding citizens will have no means to defend themselves against heavily armed criminals. However, these madmen will still go on their rampages and will find tools at their disposal to cause the death of many people who congregate together in close spaces.

heard a sound bite from her father "she's a good person" "she doesn't drink, she's not an alcoholic, she never drinks alcohol" blah blah - obviously she drinks or does drugs if she is charged with a DUII. She appeared visibly intoxicated. Whenever someone does something stupid, something horrible, something tragicly criminal - the friends and family rush to defend the person - human nature I guess, but I have never heard a parent say "I failed. I failed to instill proper values and a sense of morality in my child, failed to teach them wrong from right, and failed to see the faults and failures of my own child because I was blinded by love or fear of my own failure." I have never heard any family member or friend say "Yeah, they were a bozo, they had problems and we all knew but didn't do enough to stop them"...

but as you say - when it's anything but a gun used to hurt people - the tool or vehicle used is ignored. We don't demand waiting periods, tougher training standards, tougher licensing, or more traffic laws when something like this happens. When some nutjob walks into a school and starts hacking people with swords or knives, there's no furor and clamor for "knife control" laws (even though there are already a lot of draconian BS laws on the books about blades!) - and when some nutjob puts a pressure cooker packed with explosives into a backpack and blows up a crowd of people - the blame from the authorities falls on the person and not the tool. You can still buy a pressure cooker at Wal Mart for $19.99 with no background check, waiting period, identification, safe storage requirements, training requirements, or promise to only use it for cooking purposes. But some criminal, terrorist, or squirrel-turd-nutty wackadoo gets hold of a gun and starts killing or hurting people - and it's not the PERSON responsible, it's that EVIL GUN that MADE them do it. The gun floated up into the air, pointed itself at the person, and spoke in a deep, growling, demonic voice "DO MY BIDDING OR DIE, KILL THE INNOCENT, I, GUN, COMMAND THEE!" - yep, that's how it happens. It must be. It can't be those misunderstood, over/under medicated, abused, lonely individuals who snap and just decide killin' people is the thing to do after breakfast.

My condolences to those in Oklahoma affected by this - except to the driver and her apologist family and friends. Drunk drivers almost never wreck the first time they drive impaired. They almost never get caught their first time either. No doubt daddy's little girl has more than a few miles of impared driving behind her and it caught up to her - and that community - in a terrible, tragic way. For her sake, in the long run, I hope she winds up eating multiple vehicular manslaughter charges and sits in a cell for a couple decades and has time to sober up and begin to feel some real remorse for what she has done today, and doesn't get "time served" probation, or a slap on the wrist because her Daddy bought her a good lawyer.

Then there's this one with five more dead in a head-on collision in Yosemite, on a one lane road no less...
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/five-dead-2-hurt-head-crash-near-yosemite-national-park-n451011

Five people were killed in a head-on collision on a highway leading to California's Yosemite Park Saturday evening, officials said.

Two others were flown to regional trauma centers after the crash at around 6:30 p.m. local time (9:30 p.m. ET) on State Route 120 near Smith Station Road, the California Highway Patrol Officer Nick Norton said.

The highway is an entrance to Yosemite, a national park covering nearly 1,200 square miles in the Sierra Nevada Mountians in central California. Both vehicles, a 2012 Mercedes and a 2012 Nissan, reportedly caught on fire after the collision.

Highway 120, which has a single travel lane in either direction where the accident occurred, was closed in both directions after the crash, Norton said. The crash is still under investigation.

Where's the outcry from the elected officials about stopping these horrific events, with new "Common Sense" laws?

Crickets!

This like many other articles made me sick to think of children dying in that way, or any way.

2 year was run down and killed.

I hope that broad burns. And her idiot father can shut his garbage spewing trap.
I hate hearing the parents crying about their childs innocence or sainthood after they just killed people and children.

I'm sure this trial like all the other will get a plea deal and she won't even do 10 years. Probably get off with a slap on the wrist

This is from a friend of mine:
12181903_1544564222485236_1222645322_n.jpg

Looks like my original assumptions may be correct. It now looks like the woman has severe mental illness and was not intoxicated at all. They are now stating that the woman deliberately rammed her car into the crowd with intent on causing as much bodily harm as possible.. THis was not a case of a drunk woman being out of control, but a mentally deranged person, much like the shooter at the Umpqua Community College. The only difference was she had a car instead of a gun. She also managed to kill and injure many more people much more quickly with her weapon. Had she not have crashed the car , she may have just continued on with her carnage killing and injuring more people.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-homecoming-parade-crash-identified/74583002/

Does this sound familiar??? Indeed, this mentally ill woman did not have to run to a gun store to cause a catastrophe, but just used a very small size sedan to kill and injure dozens. 4 people dead, including babies and many in critical condition . Had this woman used a gun, there probably would have been many less injuries in this vicious assault.

Will Obama demand a ban on cars now?? More and more psychos will get behind their wheel and ram into people.. I think it is time we declare war on the AAA (American Autombile Association) who is promoting this type of violence and carnage in our society. We should be definitely blaming the cars here and if we cannot ban all cars, at least ban the type of Hyundai sedan she used, which is a very dangerous assault type of vehicle.

Great - so daddy was right shes not a drinker - just a psycho who wanted to kill people. Won't hear cries for banning nutjobs from driving - that would violate the ADA and discriminate against crazies. And the scarey part - anyone over 16 can get a driver license. Even if they have been in the looney bin. Can't let folks - even those deemed safe enough to be in society or who have a handle on their mentsl health have a weapon but they can have a car, no background checks no waiting periods and generally no restrictions on when and where they can drive. They can drive onto school grounds federal property, airports, etc. The right to bear arms is Constitutionally recognized and protected. DRIVING is not a right it is a privilidge. The libs want it to be a felony for me to leave a firearm accessible to a child but noty car keys. :confused:

What if this chick was a school bus driver? Hold on kids we are going on a magic school bus ride off this cliff or into this river...or just through the front doors of the school.

Great so her lawyer is already claiming she doesn't remember anything and may have blacked out.
Not guilty because of mental illness.

Just like james holmes. She'll sit on trial for years but unlike him will probably just go to a looney bin.

Hopefully the sistas get her in jail

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top