JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I really don't understand the rush to legalize Mary Wana'.

I tried it once, and felt nothing.:rolleyes:

Someone once asked me if I inhaled it.

Of course not!:mad:

I didn't want to hurt my lungso_O:confused::eek:
THC infused products has surpassed burning it. I hear they can put it in nearly anything edible now with many times the smokable potency.
As much as I dislike tween hipster hippies.. I agree with them on the pot issue.
Alcohol is more of a poison than MJ.. Less calories too if you dont let your hunger get the best of you.

60453030.jpg

I don't like the stuff. I smoked it occasionally for many of my teen and early adult years and one day sitting stoned on the couch thought to myself "anything would be better than this"'

I've tried it a couple of times in my adult life just to make sure, yep still awful.

I am all for legalization though. It truly is not as big of societal problem as alcohol and just because I don't enjoy it does not mean I am against it. I think people should be free to make their own choices especially when it comes to thier own bodies. 90% of the problems that arise from drugs are directly related to there prohibition. Most if not All the crime and violence associated with drugs would vanish overnight it we took the illegal profits out of it and made it safe and available cheaply.

That goes against everything we are told in the US but it has been shown to be true in other country's who have decriminalized use

There will always be a percentage of drug users who will be problematic. We should treat those as a health issue rather than a criminal one. It would be far less expensive and productive to help them rather than lump them in with rapists and murders.

Last Edited:
At the same time, and in the same places, where marijuana has become "local legal" - Washington, Colorado -
the firearms rights have been diminished.
Coincidence? Correlation?
Of course it's not a coincidence. But it's also not a result of legal m.j. in these states.
Legal m.j., diminished gun rights and overhyped social justice causes are a result of a political and demographic shift in these locations.

I wish marijuana was never illegal in the first place. Then the whole legal back door medicinal industry would never had taken root with it's politics that haven't favored pro-gun conservatives.

It would be nice do away with all the BS from unemployed slackers who go on about it curing everything from back pain to toenail fungus! It would be refreshing to hear them honestly admit that they like getting high.

I know it has some limited medical uses but it also dulls the mind IMO. As a former user myself, I'm trying to keep my kids away from it and keep them away from people that do it.

No, but Obutt#ole agrees with Jane Fonda! Marijuana dulls the mind and inhibits motivation. It's a gateway to possessing a terminal case of "sittonyourarse" and accomplish nothing.

Sorry, I grew out of that garbage many, many years ago. I don't drink alcohol, nor do I use any mind-altering substances that will change my body. (I'll be 62 years old on December 1st, and prefer to live a longer and healthier life, thank you very much).

I'd rather spend my money on knives and guns.

Last Edited:
Dulls the mind, eh? Not as much as alcohol.

I smoked like a fiend in the Marine Corps, as much because the officers didn't approve as because I liked to get high. Tapered off after I got out. Then I went to college and got a BA degree in Physics, heh.

Some friends of mine put together this video:
Guns and Weed – The Road To Freedom | Because there's no such thing as "half-free" (http://www.gunsandweed.com/)

If you are like me you might have trouble understanding some songs, but the lyrics are around there somewhere (after I nagged them about it). Also rap ain't exactly my thing but those guys grew up with it so that's what is in there. Those are mostly Wyoming folks in the film.

Oh, here are the lyrics:
Lyrics to songs | Guns and Weed – The Road To Freedom (http://www.gunsandweed.com/lyrics-to-songs/)

It will be a sad day when pot is completely legalized. Americans will have to look around for another law to flout. Probably a gun law... o_O

I used it as a young person.

Everyone that thinks it makes you stupid and lazy are ignorant and uneducated - reefer madness was a 60's thing I thought.

I've never met a violent stoner and am not ashamed to say I know some people that hold jobs in fields that require very high IQ scores and seem to handle it fine.

It's the new drinker or smoker you need to worry about as they have not learned their limitations and their is a learning curve for any mind altering drug.

Like others have said, if it were not a choice between my gun rights and my drug rights I might try it again but never at the cost to my gun rights.

"Reefer Madness" was a film (I have a copy) that goes back to the 1936, encouraging the passing of the Federal Marijuana Tax Act of October 30, 1937.

While I don't use any "mind altering" substances, I found that using Cannabis a bad idea for general sociocultural reasons. Medical (non-recreational) Marijuana use is fine, (medicine is medicine). I can't see any social advantages of using it.

I literally "learned my lesson" decades ago and I'm glad I did. I like my mind, lungs and general health. Been there, done that. Not interested.

People grow it. I don't.

Sometimes I want to spray roundup on the plants. Instead I just cut the weeds down around it.

(edited to remove image of a few plants that are in close proximity to where I do some work. Due to data on images, I didn't want to disclose location. That's why the post sounds weird.)

:mad:

It's not really a victory anywhere. The low crumple of society. Existentialism.

Last Edited:
People grow it. I don't.

Sometimes I want to spray roundup on the plants. Instead I just cut the weeds down around it.

:mad:

It's not really a victory anywhere. The low crumple of society. Existentialism.

I was driving my daughter to something the other day and I started to smell a bit of dead skunk - in an area I've never seen a skunk in, nor would it be feasabile that there would be one in the area.

Then the smell got really bad and my kid is scrunching up her nose and says, "Dad, what smells so bad?".

I said either a skunk got hit which is unlikely or someone is venting a commercial grow straight out into the open. (We were in an industrial area).

Glad I don't have that around my place because whatever it was stunk something terrible.

I think @OLDNEWBIE is spot-on: the social/political demographic that looks favorably on legalizing marijuana also supports gun control.

When I did use it, I noted that THC makes me hallucinate in deeply psychedelic ways, and the CBD component totally trashes my motor skills. It made for intense highs (i.e. very enjoyable).
I have to give drug tests several times a year, so I never touch it - I like my job.
My wife uses it for medicinal, post cancer treatment purposes, and I am extremely grateful she can. She and several people I know do not experience the "stoned" aspect, they are just as cogent, brilliant and much mellower, which makes them more fun to be around.

...someone is venting a commercial grow straight out into the open. (We were in an industrial area). Glad I don't have that around my place because whatever it was stunk something terrible.

I'd wager you were near someone roasting coffee beans. It is a truly foul odor. I live next door to a federally licensed grower, and assist him sometimes with automation of his operation. He ventilates using carbon filters, but if it were to smell foul, there would be an inkling of it in his grow rooms. Not at all. The racking and drying has a much higher odor content, but it still is nothing like skunk. If you've ever stood downwind of a Whisky distillery, the smell of a grow op is not too different than the smell of the cooking mash. (Used to live downwind from a Canadian Club distillery.)

Drugs are for people that are (truly sick, or in bad condition).
Other than that, they should be illegal.
There's lots of I don't care if it's legal. Till there kid gets smashed up in a car wreck.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews