JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Drugs are for people that are (truly sick, or in bad condition).
Other than that, they should be illegal.
There's lots of I don't care if it's legal. Till there kid gets smashed up in a car wreck.

See, I have exactly the opposite view.

We do not control stuff - unless it is harmful just sitting there. example: battery acid should not just be lying around, nor Uranium.

But otherwise, they are just things.

It is what people do with them that is the problem.

Control the actions of people, that needs to be the limit to laws.

To continue the argument "Till there kid gets smashed up in a car wreck."
Are guns are just fine, until some kid gets shot?

I know, MJ and other drugs are not mentioned in the constitution. But that document does not grant you any rights, - God, or providence, mother nature - grants those rights. And since God made the MJ grow, I'd say that was an inalienable right for us humans to use it!

When you control stuff it is for the "might" or "possibility". If you have a gun, you might shoot someone with that, and if is saves just one child we need to ensure that can't happen.

One of my peeves about our current criminal justice system - which is a reflection of our society - is forgiving the intoxicated. How many times have your read the drunk driver killed somebody and then gets out of prison in just a handful of years, whereas some punk kid gets life. Being under the influence is not an excuse. Example:
"A drunk driver who was speeding at about 60 miles per hour on surface streets was sentenced to six years in state prison after he crashed into and killed a cyclist "
Drunk driver sentenced in death of Echo Park cyclist | The Eastsider LA (https://www.theeastsiderla.com/2016/07/drunk-driver-sentenced-in-death-of-echo-park-cyclist/)

I love these types of threads cause it makes me think deeper.
I see your point. Makes very good sense. But, if my wife got killed in a car wreck from a stoned driver, it will leave a man thinking, why is weed legal. Then I hunt the guy down and explain how the world works, and hopefully he says, man if I just didn't smoke pot, your wife would be alive....

The "legalization" of marijuana has spurred an increase in traffic accidents in both Oregon and Washington. There are billboards in Oregon warning against driving stoned. These don't seem to have an impact on the DUII rates.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top