JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Unlike the above gunsmithing class, I was looking for armorer's classes in the Boise area. I don't want to mill, shape or create, just being able to strip, repair and clean what I already own to a higher level than my current skill set. Thanks for any help in this.

Unless you can find a specialty armorer's class locally at a community college or through a local or regional school you'll be relegated to attend the manufacturer's armorer courses. Most of them are restricted to LEO, Security, Military, Gun Shops, and Schools. So unless you're associated with any of these organizations it is unlikely you can attend a Colt, Sig, Remington, or most of the others. GLOCK is the exception as if you're a GSSF member then they will allow you to attend. This has changed in the last few years as up until a few years ago they limited who could attend.

It has been my experience that I have travel, often a great distance, to attend these schools. Now granted you're in Boise so that might help draw more manufacturers to your city. Mossberg for example has for the last five-eight years cancelled all of their Idaho/WA/OR schools because of a lack of participants. Don't ask me how I know.

If you're just wanting this for your own personal use then find a school who can provide you a tutorial. Good luck!

Due to the lack of such courses in the Boise area, I would suggest the videos from AGI and others depending on what weapons you are interested in. Classrooms and hands on are nice when combined with a quality instructor, but the videos can be a good substitute and are there for 'refreshers' when you need it.

I too would check out AGI as I took it and some of the Pro Course too. If you need to Talk about it with some one you can contact me with PM. Leave a number and I'll call you.
Tony in Portland, Oregon Area

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top