JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I installed these new components in my old aluminum trigger assembly yesterday and had some problems. The gun would not fire in the binary position. When I finished the installation I had a leftover spring even though I followed the instructions. It was the new trigger return spring. I installed this trigger return spring and plunger and it still didn't work. The issue was the spring is too long and wouldn't allow the trigger to move far enough to the rear to allow the binary sear to engage. I cut about three coils off of the spring and it works like a champ. I suspect the newer polymer housings use a longer return spring and that is where the problem lies. This thing will dump a 25 round mag in what seems like 3 seconds. These are $299 online plus shipping so I went out to my LGS, Tick Licker in Corvallis and asked if they could order me one, expecting to pay a little more. The guy there smiled and pointed to a display rack on the wall and he had several for $295 out the door. Shop your LGS !

Entirely too much fun! Only other one I'd want would be the AK trigger on the AKV. Thing on the AKV looks like it runs silly fast.

Thanks for the info about the metal trigger housing and shortening the trigger return spring. I have a charger that I'll have to try that on.

As for other platforms with the Franklin Armory, I have an AR9 that takes Glock mags and it's smooth.

Thanks for the info about the metal trigger housing and shortening the trigger return spring. I have a charger that I'll have to try that on.

As for other platforms with the Franklin Armory, I have an AR9 that takes Glock mags and it's smooth.
I helped a friend install one in his charger with no issues. His is the polymer one

I installed these new components in my old aluminum trigger assembly yesterday and had some problems. The gun would not fire in the binary position. When I finished the installation I had a leftover spring even though I followed the instructions. It was the new trigger return spring. I installed this trigger return spring and plunger and it still didn't work. The issue was the spring is too long and wouldn't allow the trigger to move far enough to the rear to allow the binary sear to engage. I cut about three coils off of the spring and it works like a champ. I suspect the newer polymer housings use a longer return spring and that is where the problem lies. This thing will dump a 25 round mag in what seems like 3 seconds. These are $299 online plus shipping so I went out to my LGS, Tick Licker in Corvallis and asked if they could order me one, expecting to pay a little more. The guy there smiled and pointed to a display rack on the wall and he had several for $295 out the door. Shop your LGS !
You need a newer plastic housing. I came to the same conclusion that the old metals housings are incompatible, but for me they were off for semi; safe was safe and binary was still 100% functional. Occasionally they chip in extra parts, save them! You will be a hero having one on hand.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top