JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But we wanna spend $2 to fix our $1k guns. We "can't afford" it. Let's order an extra large pizza.
Hey now. It's the same thing as dumping 3k into a rifle and then putting a 200 dollar optic on it…. Priorities right? Haha

200.gif

The other way to look at it.... you've invested a ton into your rife. Do you really need to spend another $25 (an entire mags worth of ammo) for a dedicated tool good for nothing other than doing a one time 2-3min job... when a $2 POS is "good enough"? ;)

Mine is a nice (aka, not cheap) armorers mutli-tool, but I own more than 1 rife and still plan to do more. It's all about perspectives....

The other way to look at it.... you've invested a ton into your rife. Do you really need to spend another $25 (an entire mags worth of ammo) for a dedicated tool good for nothing other than doing a one time 2-3min job... when a $2 POS is "good enough"? ;) Perspectives......
I guess that depends on if you think you may use the tool more than once, as I have. I split the difference and got a $14 tool.
Commiefornia legal castle nut wrench?? :s0140:

How ya doin?

Reaction GIF
I wasn't aware it mattered if it was Cali legal or not. Does it?

I have the wrench @DirectDrive posted. It is not great as it can slip off pretty easy, but for the torque a buffer tube needs it will work if you are careful. I recently purchased the Magpul armorers wrench, so if you still need it, PM me your address and I will drop it in the mail on Monday.

What's the advantage to getting the multi tool over just a simple castle nut wrench? It looks sort of gimmicky.
Agree.
I've seen some really cheesy combo wrenches.
They are usually this pattern....I've seen them in pot metal and the Made in China sticker.
1500x1500_275.jpg

There are some nice wrenches out there, but you have to decide on how much to spend.
How many times are you going to use it ?
You can get by with a cheaper wrench when you're assembling.
It's when you are trying to change out barrels, when cheesy fixtures and cheesy wrenches will puke up and possibly even damage your rifle in the process.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads