JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

are you voting, is your regerstration current?

• yes

Votes: 31 88.6%
  • no

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters
Joey Link said:
I have no sympathy for the home buyers who signed those mortgage papers and bought more house than they could truly afford or the banks that are going under because they gave loans to those who couldn't afford them. I only wish the government would stay out of it and let it all happen instead of saving the banks and/or home owners. Where's the responsibility?

neither do I. any bailout is getting financed by us, taxpayers...the ones that work for a living and make our payments. why should we bail out those that don't?

the ones that made the mistakes, buyers and bankers, should shoulder their own responsibilities here. whether things get rough or not, it should play out without government intervention.

Zhivago said:
Something like the GAO is to the government maybe.

and they do such a fine job now...

the government was never meant to access and allocate tax revenue like they do now...it is totally out of control.

Your vote will also decide if they will have the ability to own a piece of their own country. It will decide if they can afford to put food on their tables or take their children to the doctor and dentist. It will decide a lot more than gun rights, so keep the big picture in mind.

I agree completely. Yes, we are all gun owners and gun lovers (why else would we be here if we weren't??). But there is so much more at stake here. If our economy goes down the drain you can say good bye to guns regardless of our legality in owning them.

Yes I am voting this year. I will be voting for McCain, the lesser of two evils.

This is probably worthy of a different topic, but I have been thinking a lot lately about what our government was originally founded on, and what it is now. It's about time someone took a stand for what it should be.

If our economy goes down the drain you can say good bye to guns regardless of our legality in owning them.

Could you clarify this a bit for me? I dont remember anywhere in the Constitution, or The Declaration of Independence any mention of "the economy". An elementary understanding of economics points to the less a government is involved, the better. I suggest reading Thomas Sowells book-Basic Economics, a citizens guide to the economy

Well, if our government isn't far too involved in our economy then what would you call things like the AIG bailout?

I completely agree, the economy should be independent of the government. Unfortunately, it really isn't. Not in this day and age anyway. Which lead to my second comment... perhaps it's time for some political "tyranny" to get it back on track.

Government has to be involved just enough to make sure the bankers don't kill us all. They can't be trusted to conduct business in their own self interest, as has been made plain by the last few years of blatant self-indulgence on their part. Someone should take all those golden parachutes that were taken advantage of and wrap them tightly around some necks. Someone also needs to make them employ caution and prudence, if not the government, who? We just need to watch the watchers as well.

Oh, and I voted against Obama.

Government has to be involved just enough to make sure the bankers don't kill us all. They can't be trusted to conduct business in their own self interest, as has been made plain by the last few years of blatant self-indulgence on their part. Someone should take all those golden parachutes that were taken advantage of and wrap them tightly around some necks. Someone also needs to make them employ caution and prudence, if not the government, who? We just need to watch the watchers as well.

Oh, and I voted against Obama.

I agree with this 100%. As much as I subscribe to the libertarian philosophy, some things do need more oversight than the free market can provide.

Is it just me, or do others think that oversight and regulation are two different things?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top