JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Are You A Retro Guy?
I suspect most of you are. I didn't even know there was a code.

• A Retro-Guy, no matter what the woman insists, pays for the date.

• A Retro-Guy DEALS with IT — be it a flat tire, a burglar, or a natural disaster, you DEAL WITH IT.

• A Retro-Guy not only eats red meat, he often kills it himself.

• A Retro-Guy should know how to properly kill stuff (or people) if need be. This falls under the "DEALING WITH IT" portion of The Code.

• A Retro-Guy is allowed to seek professional help for major mental stress such as drug/alcohol addiction, death of your entire family in a freak tree chipper accident, favorite bird dog expiring, etc. You are NOT allowed to see a shrink because Daddy didn't pay enough attention to you. Daddy was busy DEALING WITH IT.

• A Retro-Guy should have at least one good wound he can brag about.

• A Retro-Guy knows that owning a gun is NOT a sign you're riddled with fear. Guns are TOOLS: See "DEALING WITH IT."

• When a Retro-Guy is on a crowded bus and ANY woman gets on, that Retro-Guy stands up and offers his seat to that woman, then looks around at the other so-called men still in their seats with a disgusted look on his face.

• A Retro-Guy will also give up his seat to any elderly person or person in military dress, except officers above second lieutenant.(NOTE: The person in military dress may turn down the offer but the Retro- Guy will ALWAYS make the offer to them and thank them for serving their country.)

• A Retro-Guy knows how to say the Pledge properly, and the words to the Star Spangled Banner.

• A Retro-Guy sharpens his own knives and knows how to use tools.

• A Retro-Guy owns tools, usually lots of 'em.

• A Retro-Guy doesn't need a contract — a handshake is good enough.

• A Retro-Guy will take care of his neighbor's yard when said neighbor is deployed overseas on military duty.

• A Retro-Guy doesn't immediately look to sue someone when he does something stupid and hurts himself. We understand sometimes — in the process of doing things — we get hurt and just DEAL WITH IT.

** I lifted this from another forum. Not terribly sure the word retro applies, but then again, maybe I myself am retro....

a "retro-Guy" has old fashioned values and morals. 'nuff said. retro guy probably has but one gun, and damn well knows how it shoots and how to shoot it. Modern man should fear this type. a box of ammo, say 20 rounds will last RG 10 years...1 to check zero on the way to camp and 1 for the kill...x 10 years.

I fail in food harvesting. As much as I like meat in just not a fan of harvesting it myself. Don't like butchering and I'd rather not take a life that doesn't deserve it to be taken even if it is between me eating meat or not.

Also the girlfriend is very stubborn and occasionally makes sure she pays for a meal. That's how it goes sometimes.

a "retro-Guy" has old fashioned values and morals. 'nuff said. retro guy probably has but one gun, and damn well knows how it shoots and how to shoot it. Modern man should fear this type. a box of ammo, say 20 rounds will last RG 10 years...1 to check zero on the way to camp and 1 for the kill...x 10 years.
So retro guy is a fudd?

SML Hike.jpg
I think we are pretty "retro"....:D
Andy

But do you speak authentic mountain man gibberish?
Wagh !
I mind the time , I wuz out with Old Gabe....twas in the Month of the Moon of the Falling Leaves...
We wuz half froze fer meat....So's I take up "Old Bullthrower" , she shoots plumb center for sure and I aimed to git us some buffler.

There I wuz out on the prariy , dressing out the Buffler I got....when over the rise comes a heap of Comanches...

Well here's damp powder and no ways to dry it , thinks I.
So's I git on my hoss , Old Blue and off we go like the wind...
Them there cussed Arapaho wuz a gittin closer by the second...then I spies a canyon , so I turns down it....
Thinkin' I could lose those pesky Cheyennes...

Unfortunately for me....them Pawnee could track a flea at midnight on black dog's back...theys wuz so good at it....

Turned it wuz a box canyon...and them there Blackfeet which wuz auh after me....thought they had me fur certain sure.

Lucky fer me , they only wanted directions back to Progressive Field Stadium...as theys wuz Cleveland Indians...:D
Andy

Last Edited:
To be honest, I don't think I want to be this "Retro Guy" as described. The way it is described, OP made it sound like a "Retro Guy" is some kind of extreme right wing hillbilly nut job hoarder living in the middle of nowhere. :p

I would prefer to be a Gentleman instead, one who is used to nicer things in life but also lives by a chivalrous code of duty, honor and country.

not to be confused with "metro man...er, dude, guy, whatever it wants to be on any given day.
Retro man is what is gramma and maybe great gramma expected him to be without being told.

I have it on good authority that I'm, "... like, a super stud-man".
My GF said that to me just yesterday in the context of pointing out (what she sees as irony) that I don't handle hard liquor particularly well.
"But... you're like, a super stud-man... ?"
I'll take that as a compliment... just keep the whiskey away from me or I'll be "super passed-out early-man".
:s0059:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads