JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From what I have heard second hand they are domestic's gone feral in the Yelm area. I live in WA State and I am not up to date on what the state here plans on doing for a feral hog problem, if and when?. Up on the place in Oregon the family has kept them shot out as best they can. They move around and it's very hard to get the sights on them as it's a lot of acreage and some not even accesible with a four wheeler. It looks like if the rancher's fail to control them the state will step in and give it a go and back bill or fine the ranchers if they get bad enough? I do not know any landowners or have heard of any that do not try to keep them under control.

Capitol Press, (Ag news) <broken link removed>

Feral Swine, Invasive Species Council Priority Species

<broken link removed> . (I do not know if Wa. has a law on landowners controlling them similer to OR.)

Thanks.. like the wild dogs I have on my place on the Olympic Peninsula they must be awfully sneaky, I can never get to my rig for a rifle and get back to whack them, and a 1911 (always on my person) is not going to do the job at 50 yards with them moving in brush

Hello im new to this Forum. My name is Rusty, im from montana and i am currently in germany. I am a hog hunter, i did very good in Ga and it sounds like some of you have gotten on some pigs. Im pumped me and my wife are going to be moving Oregon by march and if i can find some pigs im goin bring some dogs up from texas or georgia to hunt with so if any one wants to hook up and do some scouting or has hogs on there place let me know.Please, to let ya know this has made my day:s0155:

Yes there are feral pigs in Oregon but 95% of them are on private land and the owners will not let you hunt them. The closest state with a decent amount of them is Californa but it is exspensive to hunt them. I plan on going to Texas next year it is still cheaper with the extra travel cost.

I have posted in some of the earlier threads on this in regards to family land. All ranchers we know keep them shot out as they cause terriffic damage to crops if allowed to multiply, healthwise they are a tremendous health threat to livestock. Secondly they are hard to locate. You have to set up where they are already coming in and are doing damage, and last year it was in the dry alfalfa so you set up a stand and get them at night and there is no sleeping in the next morning as the everyday stuff still has to get done. Trying to hunt them in daylight is a longshot as they are weary as hell and when it is hot they hole up where it is cool. There are increasing amounts of people who will just drive in and hunt and when you tell them they cannot, they want to argue the point. Oh! this is BLM land right here on this map and you point out to them where they really are and in the wrong area and ask them to please leave and there can be a few heated moments over this. A few of them will just drive out and find another way in. There are two main reason ranchers will not let you in, Vehical exhaust muffler/tailpipe very easily start grass fires, a rancher gives you permission to hunt he is liable same as if you let your neighbors swim in your pool, their kid drowns you got a lawsuit. A few people let their dogs loose and the dog won't recall and they run your cattle. A rancher's land is his livelihood and he respects it and too many people think he just owns a lot of land that just sits there. Not so...

Thanks.. like the wild dogs I have on my place on the Olympic Peninsula they must be awfully sneaky, I can never get to my rig for a rifle and get back to whack them, and a 1911 (always on my person) is not going to do the job at 50 yards with them moving in brush

Their (Hogs not Dogs) hearing is exceptional and they are not like the hogs they have in the south. My youngest boy has hunted both and the southern hogs are easy compared to what we have here. Also dogs do not work very well here as the terrain is not dog friendly.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top