JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Revolvers are the manual transmission of guns. User involvement is required. But, once acquired, that skill is not lost. For CQ face/neck shots, they are darned near perfect.
On the colt Forum, several guys carry .45 Colt New Service snubbies. No worries there. I see Kimber just introduced an affordable lightweight .38 +P rated 6-round snubbie. For years was comforted by a Taurus 85 SS 2" between vest panels on my left side.
Revolvers are the model t cars of guns

Anyone who thinks you need more than 5 rounds in a self defense gun is delusional. Thats a blanket and absolutely true statement.
That is he same argument the anti-gunners use to limit our mag capacity and it's wrong Imo. To paraphrase Clint Smith, "you never know when an attack will happen or what it will look like". There are countless examples of more than 5 rounds used successfully in a self defense situation.

The Greenwood Park Mall shooting, where Elisjsha Dicken saved numerous lives, is just one of them. Plus around here many altercations involve multiple attackers or even mob type situations (mob situations quite rare). Depends on the situation (and the shooter's abilities under duress).

EC87278E-D939-491F-809A-54D8A5065FBF.jpeg

Last Edited:
That is he same argument the anti-gunners use to limit our mag capacity and it's wrong Imo. To paraphrase Clint Smith, "you never know when an attack will happen or what it will look like". There are countless examples of more than 5 rounds used successfully in a self defense situation.

The Greenwood Park Mall shooting, where Elisjsha Dicken saves numerous lives, is just one of them. Plus around here many altercations involve multiple attackers or even mob type situations (mob situations quite rare).

View attachment 1886809

That is he same argument the anti-gunners use to limit our mag capacity and it's wrong Imo. To paraphrase Clint Smith, "you never know when an attack will happen or what it will look like". There are countless examples of more than 5 rounds used successfully in a self defense situation. Depends on the situation and the shooter's abilities under duress.

The Greenwood Park Mall shooting, where Elisjsha Dicken saved numerous lives, is just one of them. Plus around here many altercations involve multiple attackers or even mob type situations (mob situations quite rare).

View attachment 1886809
If he had 5 .357 rounds he wouldn't have needed to fire 5 more. :).

firing on a mob might get you in trouble.

The 2" .357mag, stupid? No. To be on the receiving end of said .357, that would be stupid!

View attachment 1886772
Not try to be a richard, but, that's a .38 Special. :)
Wifey's first carry gun was a 2" SP-101 W/grip laser. Ended up being a little heavy for her. I'd shot a buddy's with magnums and that's when I learned that I didn't care for .357 in a small gun. And Wifey determined the SP101 was too heavy for her belt. And moved on to an LC9 and finally a Sig 938, what she stays with today.
Myself, I have a S&W M-36 snubbie that I'll slide into a jacket pocket for a quick trip to the store after dark.

Anti gunners currently say you don't need more than 10. Then after they get laws banning mags >10, and the shootings still happen, they will say you don't need more than 5. IMO the last thing we need are people promoting their arguments.
Yea I'm still looking for that fact and all I can find are links to Pedo Joe saying a double barrel shotgun is all anyone needs.

One thing from the video was Daryl talking about Travel guns. I live mid-way between LA and San Francisco I live in a fairly gun friendly area. But I have two friends that in separate incidents have for weather reasons had their flights diverted into San Francisco. Where they were hung up for hours Because the guns or ammo that was legal where they took off and at their final destination was not in San Francisco. Both ended up leaving their gun and ammo in SF. I know one ended up forfeiting the gun and ammo when the legal fees were more than the gun was worth.
It's sad it came to that but there were other options. The airline is responsible for getting your luggage to your final destination. If you land in a place where there is an issue, do not take possession of your suitcase if there will be a gun issue (NJ, MA, NY). With a handgun in Cali, you should only have a magazine issue and in San Francisco an ammo issue (from the little I know about their law). The airlines and TSA don't care about what is in your gun case, even in the cases where they look inside. They are making sure it is unloaded (not that most at the airline ticket counter would know what that looks like) and that the case is secure. Sure, there are some ooutliers where local LEO gets involved and you have to account for this.

This is why, even though I can carry in all 50 states, I still avoid flying into NJ, NY, and MA whenever possible (I fly to Cali frequently, never an issue). And in some cases, a revolver is a good option due to mag capacity limits (as are my 1911s). This is what makes this class still relevant and something for armed citizens to consider.

At one time, I had a Smith & Wesson Model 60 in .357, now that was stupid.
My first 357 Snubbie was a 649 2.125". It was a serious handful when shooting 357 ammo, bordering on being painful. It went away in a cash gathering sale without many regrets.
Pictured below is quite likely my favorite handgun. S&W Model 60-15 3" in 357 Magnum.
I don't care what others think about little guns or the "limited" amount of 5 rounds. I'm not a cop, I don't chase crowds and I shoot this gun DA more often than I find myself shooting any other handgun I own. It's been my nearly constant companion since I got it almost 4 years ago. The slightly longer barrel and the adjustable sights are a nice improvement over the 2" guns and makes it a bit more "shootable".

60 wood.jpg

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top