JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Are Snubbies Stupid?

200.gif

Revolvers are the manual transmission of guns. User involvement is required. But, once acquired, that skill is not lost. For CQ face/neck shots, they are darned near perfect.
On the colt Forum, several guys carry .45 Colt New Service snubbies. No worries there. I see Kimber just introduced an affordable lightweight .38 +P rated 6-round snubbie. For years was comforted by a Taurus 85 SS 2" between vest panels on my left side.

Does the 3" barrel on my Kimber K6s count as 'snubbie'? Would it be allowed in class?

I can't speak for the kind of education it received before I had it as it came from New York. I, however, have tried raising it right. I have allowed it to watch my other guns and hopefully it has picked up some good habits. I feed it well, bath, prvoide it shelter and read to it as much as I can.

It may not have the pedigree of a S&W or Ruger, but I believe it has the potential to be a well-rounded, educated, contributing member of the gun community.

Practice, practice, practice…

I've never felt underprepared carrying a Smith 642. It's a constant companion and I'm competent enough for lung/heart or snot locker shots. And practice such each outing. As well as close quarter point shooting.

I currently don't have any snubby's in my lineup but have had some in the past. I really enjoy them for what they are. I also enjoy them at the range, a little more challenging to ring steel at 50 yards with a short barrel, still possible though with practice. My favorite revolver to practice with is my 4" S&W 617 22lr, it's not a snubby but I can consistently ring the 4" and 6" at 50 yards.

I've a ported snub Taurus .357. I can hit a 55-gallon drum at 200 yards about half the time.
Similar results. I have a cheapo Taurus that features the smoothest trigger I've ever encountered on a snub and it is surprisingly accurate. That particular manufacturer has a well earned reputation for significant quality control issues and abysmal customer support. But they do put out a good piece at times. Luck of the draw, I suppose.

Similar results. I have a cheapo Taurus that features the smoothest trigger I've ever encountered on a snub and it is surprisingly accurate. That particular manufacturer has a well earned reputation for significant quality control issues and abysmal customer support. But they do put out a good piece at times. Luck of the draw, I suppose.
This one is 20 years old. I guess they were made m
better back then

I've got a mid 80's Taurus 85, that as you say, has the smoothest trigger. It's been a faithful revolver that now sits in retirement in the safe, it served its carry time well.

Not stupid for concealed carry or shooting across the room. But for recreational shooting, mine don't see much use.

At one time, I had a Smith & Wesson Model 60 in .357, now that was stupid.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top