JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you go looking for food prepare to be flexible. Forget ammo or paper goods.

It's funny what gets taken and what gets left behind. I saw that one store was completely sold out of deviled ham but right next to where it would have been was dozens of cans of Vienna Sausages.
ALL of the Tai-Pei frozen chow mein was gone... except for the vegetarian stuff.
$1.00 Michelinas mac-n-cheese=GONE.
The $2.00 Stouffers? Plenty to go around.

Point being, nobody is starving and nobody is desperate. The supply chain has been and will continue to operate double-time. There are no more angry hoarders... they're at home in their TP forts eating deviled ham sandwiches on 2 week old Wonder bread.
Ya, last Thursday we went to Fred Meyers in Hillsboro. All Mac and cheese was gone except the velveeta which was fully stocked. I like the velveeta way more than the kraft stuff.

Ya, last Thursday we went to Fred Meyers in Hillsboro. All Mac and cheese was gone except the velveeta which was fully stocked. I like the velveeta way more than the kraft stuff.
Reno, I have some bada$$ Mac & Cheese recipes.. It's not hard to make your own, so if you are in a pinch and have some spices, flour , milk of any sort (even powdered milk) I can share some Mac & Cheese tips with you.. I never buy box Mac & Cheese, because the type of make is so much better. If you don't have any fresh cheese available, you can find some powdered cheese online I bet and would suffice too.

Bourbon and smoked salts are also essential ingredients in my Mac & Cheese..

Reno, I have some bada$$ Mac & Cheese recipes.. It's not hard to make your own, so if you are in a pinch and have some spices, flour , milk of any sort (even powdered milk) I can share some Mac & Cheese tips with you.. I never buy box Mac & Cheese, because the type of make is so much better. If you don't have any fresh cheese available, you can find some powdered cheese online I bet and would suffice too.

Bourbon and smoked salts are also essential ingredients in my Mac & Cheese..
Lol, made some the other night for the kiddo. Tillamook white cheddar and Tillamook smoked cheddar make for some yummy Mac. If I could find a way to replicate Chikfilas Mac I'd be all over it. Kid eats that stuff like it's candy!

There is a bar and grill in Mount Vernon Wa. that makes a Mac and Cheese with real crab in the cheese sauce...yum...
I will have to make that someday at home.
Andy
Edit to add
Mac and Cheese is Essential....:D

Lol, made some the other night for the kiddo. Tillamook white cheddar and Tillamook smoked cheddar make for some yummy Mac. If I could find a way to replicate Chikfilas Mac I'd be all over it. Kid eats that stuff like it's candy!
Reno, that sounds scrumptious .. I've never had Chikfila's mac & cheese (and only ate there one time) .. But, many people claim my Bourbon & BBQ flavored Mac & cheese is pretty good.. I also add beef sausage or hot dogs (since I have no beef sausage) to it and it comes out pretty good. Sometimes I add minced broccoli to it which also is real good. I like my Mac & Cheese mroe than most any other mac & cheese I try. I even have a European style mac & cheese, but sadly running low on Gruyere, Swiss , Gouda , etc thanks to the crisis. I have like 12 lbs of raw milk cheddar cheese in my fridge though. I also make apretty good alfredo sauce from scratch too.

The best Mac & Cheese I can remember was from Midwood BBQ in Charlotte, NC.. That was just damn good stuff and they cook it over fire in an oven.

I always add a bunch of Reaper & Scorpion pepper to my Mac & Cheese for a more fun time as well :D

Reno, that sounds scrumptious .. I've never had Chikfila's mac & cheese (and only ate there one time) .. But, many people claim my Bourbon & BBQ flavored Mac & cheese is pretty good.. I also add beef sausage or hot dogs (since I have no beef sausage) to it and it comes out pretty good. Sometimes I add minced broccoli to it which also is real good. I like my Mac & Cheese mroe than most any other mac & cheese I try. I even have a European style mac & cheese, but sadly running low on Gruyere, Swiss , Gouda , etc thanks to the crisis. I have like 12 lbs of raw milk cheddar cheese in my fridge though. I also make apretty good alfredo sauce from scratch too.

The best Mac & Cheese I can remember was from Midwood BBQ in Charlotte, NC.. That was just damn good stuff and they cook it over fire in an oven.

I always add a bunch of Reaper & Scorpion pepper to my Mac & Cheese for a more fun time as well :D
I'm not even mad this thread drifted to talking about Mac and cheese.

Best I've had, probably in Kemah Texas at a place called T-Bone Toms.

Best I've had, probably in Kemah Texas at a place called T-Bone Toms.
Reno, Mac & Cheese is almost as essential as guns and ammo :D

Texas is on my to-visit place after this Pandemic ends.. Going to be hitting up a lot of good brisket places.. I love Texas BBQ.

Reno, Mac & Cheese is almost as essential as guns and ammo :D

Texas is on my to-visit place after this Pandemic ends.. Going to be hitting up a lot of good brisket places.. I love Texas BBQ.
We spent two weeks in Galveston areas, starting and ending in Houston. Once the kids older I'd do it again in a heart beat. If you haven't heard of Schlitterbon, look them up. Massive water parks. Tons of fun.

Me neither. But if we're going full-mac-n-cheese I have to throw my Grandma's into the mix.

There was no recipe, she just made it (two dishes... one for everybody, and one for me to take home). My mom couldn't even tell me for sure how it was made.

What do I know is that she used bucatini pasta, baked it, and the one time I tried to make it was a disaster.

Whelan's Irish pub on SE Division makes a pretty killer homemade mac-n-cheese too.

I don't think I'd want to go to Walmart or any big store right now anyways. Unless they are doing something to limit people inside and aren't a cesspool of misc people back to back outside waiting to get in. Considering the thousands of people that have frequented grocery stores over the last week alone, I'd say all stores are due for a good deep cleaning.

If I were to visit a gun store right now, it would be a smaller shop that has taken over the top precautions to protect themselves and their customers. I don't have the same faith in the bigger stores to do but only the minimum.
I stopped at the Grocery store after work and it was slowing down. Shelves were almost full again. Parking lot was no longer half full :10 after the doors opened at 6:00 am. The store did have help putting hash tags any place people lined up. Showing them how to stay 6 feet apart. Clerks had a shield between them and you when paying so you could not sneeze for cough on them. They even had TP and paper towels on the shelves. I did see one guy shopping with a "bunny suit" on. The kind I see cleaning people at the hospital use to clean the operating rooms. He looked like early Halloween. So for those who are still afraid of the store they will all be doing the order on line and they bring it out to you again since the shelves filled up again. Warehouse places may take a few more days to catch up but the truckers are working 7 days a week hauling the stuff to the stores so no one has to worry about not eating or wiping their butt.

My last visit to walmart was a few days ago, no crowds, half the grocery shelf items missing. Yes, I was an opportunity to discover what people really like. In mine, there was plenty of Tai Pei, and very few corn dogs. The day old bakery items were quite slim.

Mac and cheese from a box... I love it... but don't try Great Value.... it has no taste/flavor whatsoever!!! At half the price of Kraft it's still not worth buying and attempting to feed.

I'm too lazy to make Mac and cheese from scratch, so I guess I'l get my cheese fat from grilled cheese sammies (cooked with sliced onion) served with Cream of Mushroom Soup.

I stopped at the Grocery store after work and it was slowing down. Shelves were almost full again. Parking lot was no longer half full :10 after the doors opened at 6:00 am. The store did have help putting hash tags any place people lined up. Showing them how to stay 6 feet apart. Clerks had a shield between them and you when paying so you could not sneeze for cough on them. They even had TP and paper towels on the shelves. I did see one guy shopping with a "bunny suit" on. The kind I see cleaning people at the hospital use to clean the operating rooms. He looked like early Halloween. So for those who are still afraid of the store they will all be doing the order on line and they bring it out to you again since the shelves filled up again. Warehouse places may take a few more days to catch up but the truckers are working 7 days a week hauling the stuff to the stores so no one has to worry about not eating or wiping their butt.
I can only cross my fingers and hope this will be the case in Tennessee too.. Good to hear though, because I was worried about family in Oregon.. Might have to go into Murfreesboro again this week and see if I can score more TP.. Already good there for 5+ months, but wouldn't mind some more. Also need drain declogger and some other stuff. Need to find some hypoallergenic soap that doesn't clog up the drain.. Might just use the large jug of Dial soap I got to wash my hands. Been using stuff with Shea butter and its a sink clogger.

My last visit to walmart was a few days ago, no crowds, half the grocery shelf items missing. Yes, I was an opportunity to discover what people really like. In mine, there was plenty of Tai Pei, and very few corn dogs. The day old bakery items were quite slim.

Mac and cheese from a box... I love it... but don't try Great Value.... it has no taste/flavor whatsoever!!! At half the price of Kraft it's still not worth buying and attempting to feed.

I'm too lazy to make Mac and cheese from scratch, so I guess I'l get my cheese fat from grilled cheese sammies (cooked with sliced onion) served with Cream of Mushroom Soup.
Bbbas, I make a home made mac & cheese powder recipe that will save you loads of money on mac & cheese and you can make in huge bulk so you never need to buy cruddy box stuff again :D

I never understood why people buy box Mac & Cheese or box Alfredo sauces when you can so easily make your own and it can last you like a whole year and its a meal you can cook in minutes.

Bbbas, I make a home made mac & cheese powder recipe that will save you loads of money on mac & cheese and you can make in huge bulk so you never need to buy cruddy box stuff again :D

I never understood why people buy box Mac & Cheese or box Alfredo sauces when you can so easily make your own and it can last you like a whole year and its a meal you can cook in minutes.

1. Read again.... I LOVE box mac and cheese. Homemade usually has such a thick texture.

2. I'd probably like a powder based homemade mac & cheese, but I'm really too lazy for all that. When I cook, which is fairly often, it is one meal at a time, not prepper quantities. :D

3. Kraft = $.99 per box and feeds two. Great Value cost $.50 per box and feeds two. The upgrade to Kraft is well worth it to me.

4. Pretty sure I wouldn't be interested in shopping for quantities of mac/cheese for storage.

5. what is the salt content?

6. What is the fat content?

:D

Ya, I won't lie @bbbass , I too do enjoy a box of Kraft spirals. Something about that noodle shape and the inorganic unnatural orange color that screams childhood to me.

In a nutshell, Mac and cheese is on my top 5 favorite foods.

I can no longer eat Kraft Mac & Cheese after literally eating it every day for 2 years straight when I was going to college.. I think I still have some of that stuff stuck in my colon somewhere to this day. :p

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews