JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ya, I thought the same thing, but was bored this AM before getting my butt into gear........so I replied........:rolleyes::rolleyes:o_Oo_O:confused::confused:

Again, I say;
Wha' Chu' gona' do?:rolleyes:o_O:confused::(:):cool::D

Deja vu* all over again..........:D;):D

And for those who are curious;

*Question: "What is the spiritual significance to a déjà vu experience?"

Answer:
The term déjà vu is a French term coined by a French psychic researcher named Émile Boirac. Déjà vu means "already seen," and is also called "paramnesia." It describes the feeling of having already experienced a situation. When experiencing déjà vu, one is struck with feelings of familiarity and strangeness, which can make one feel that the situation has truly happened before.

Approximately two thirds of adults claim to have had a déjà vu experience. Déjà vu experiences have been connected with medical conditions, such as schizophrenia, epilepsy, and anxiety. No one really knows what causes these episodes, although psychologists have also come up with theories such as stress and internal hidden conflicts. Some believe déjà vu is the memory of previously forgotten dreams. Still others associate it with psychic abilities, prophecy, or past-life experiences.

A déjà vu experience could be the result of God revealing certain things to a person before the event occurred, but the experience could also simply be the result of something occurring that is very similar to an event in the past. The event triggers the memory, causing an "eerie" sense of familiarity. Rather than being a spiritual issue, déjà vu is likely a simple and harmless physical one.

Jeeze man! You REALLY were bored!!!

I have a distinct advantage when going to the LGS.

I bring my wife........ The D bags all of a sudden are very nice LOL

I have to agree mostly, with the overall state of gun shops. It does seem hard to find one that are friendly and knowledgeable.

The one definite exception was an outfit in Sandy. Great shop, and very nice folks. Can't remember the name off the top of my head, but every time I went in, they acted like they were glad to see me, even though they did not know me.
I have a distinct advantage when going to the LGS.

I bring my wife........ The D bags all of a sudden are very nice LOL

I have to agree mostly, with the overall state of gun shops. It does seem hard to find one that are friendly and knowledgeable.

The one definite exception was an outfit in Sandy. Great shop, and very nice folks. Can't remember the name off the top of my head, but every time I went in, they acted like they were glad to see me, even though they did not know me.

It could be RapidFire Arms, never been there or met the staff, but my best friend who has never been into firearms, recently got his CHL and outfitted to shoot there. IMHO they did a terrific job for him! Now he has a S&W Shield in 9mm, a couple boxes of hot Federal HP's, a few boxes of practice ammo and an IWB holster for it. I took him to the range last week and had him burn up a couple of boxes and, to my point, he was set up pretty much exactly as I would have done it for him. He liked the people and enjoyed the experience too!

I feel like we have been here before....like all this has been said recently. Deja vu man..

Maybe I am just crazy but I got all my frustration out in the last one a few weeks ago. Now I see this as just plain whining! I love it as I had the same rant. It gets easier...time heals all butt hurt.

Yes, this topic repeats a lot but the stories are interesting and it always gives us an opportunity to crack on The Gun Room so I'm always up for this type of thread!
I have a recent tale of the Gun Room but my butt is still burning, so next time.

I've had better luck. My only bad experience with gun store folks was my first. I wondered into the Gun Broker in Tigard when I was first interested in shooting. When I told him I was interested in a handgun, he pointed to the wall and said, "there they are." As it turned out, he was out of business within months. I don't know if his attitude was a cause or symptom of his closing. Since then I have received lots of friendly advice from the many shops I have stopped at. Even after its obvious I'm a noob, many from one-man shops Cabelas have been very friendly and patient. One talked me out of a 22 auto I was hot for when he shared the difficulty in stripping it for cleaning. Ironically, the nicest and now my preferred shop is the Tigard branch of NW Armory who took over Gun Broker's space!

Try Wild Bills Guns in Molalla or Silver Falls Pawn in Silverton (more of a gun shop with a pawn shop on the side LOL)

Bill and his sons have always treated me well and those I see coming in the shop when I am there.

Aaron at Silver Falls Pawn is a great guy easy to deal with and always ready to help you get what you need.

Ok.. will someone let me in on the joke about the Gun room? I'm afraid to say anything.

yes I visited years ago.. about 2003 or so.. Never went back.

Ok.. will someone let me in on the joke about the Gun room? I'm afraid to say anything.

yes I visited years ago.. about 2003 or so.. Never went back.

OK, a running joke on this site! The people at the Gun Room tend to act like spiteful diCks. They know absolutely everything about firearms and are perfectly ready to explain this knowledge to you! YOU ARE WRONG, and don't you forget it! The only pistol worth having is the 1911, the only revolver is the Single Action Army! Back when, Warren, the owner refused to even carry those awful plastic Glocks in inventory (kinda with him on that one)! Over priced, dirty and messy!
About three weeks ago I was getting tired of looking for a magazine for my beretta 92 as a last resort I called the Gun Room. Lady that answered was a real charmer (sarcasm) went to look, said they had it and hung up. We were having breakfast about a block away, the main reason I called, so I got there in 10min. Well....no Beretta mags, "I get them in on Thurs."
"But I just called!" " I get them on Thurs." No apology, nothin' just a burning look of hostility! I just gave him a "Well.....Goody, Goody!" And left. My fault! I should have known better!

"Gun Room" stories....I'm pretty new to this fire arm thing, almost five years. I got my dads OLD guns so went looking for a shop to look at guns to get an idea what they may be worth. I'd got my grandpas service revolver, pre model 10 S&W .38. First gun other than a .22 I'd ever shot. Now we needed something for Wifey.

Well of course when you look in the phone book Gun room and Gun broker come up. Gun Room is on the way to gun Broker. My experience was walking in with the wife and looking at racks of long guns for ten minutes, while the three people behind the counter ignored us. After I finally said something one of the guys finally showed us a real nice stainless S&W revolver. From what I now know it was probably WAY over priced. We were the only customers.

The joke I've heard here on the forum is for a fun time you go in to the Gun Room looking for anything "Glock". I guess you can get the guy pretty worked up and he'll bring out a book with pictures of kaboomed Glocks.

I'd say, if you're ever in the area, and you have that sort of devious streak in you, it might be worth it to go in and play with 'em for a bit...Just for kicks! Then come back and tell the story here.

Y'all need to stop being so sensitive and just don't ask questions of the D bags. If you tell them you want to look at something specific,then don't respond unless they give you the gun you want to see.Don't get into a pissin' match with them
Know more than them before you go.
Remember they get a few guys coming in who want to tell them everything they know and how they are the smart ones.

And is this the weekly "I hate local gun stores and their stupid employees" thread?
Couple weeks ago an older guy, 70s, comes in with a tube of frog lube he had apparently purchased the day before. He demands a refund because, "I just don't believe you can put oiler and cleaner in the same tube and I don't trust this stuff in my clocks!" I gave him a full refund no questions asked.

:s0146: As much as I love shooting, going gun shopping is often the most frustrating experience of my life. These are the top 8 types of help I run into at gun shops: :(

1) "Operator" Guy: This doofus has a beard, arm tattoos, a tight t-shirt that looks very "operator-ey" and talks to the customers about all the guns he used back when he was "in the shiznit." Spends much of his time attempting to one up anyone telling a story in the shop and burns lots of calories flexing and smiling when you have your girlfriend/wife with you. May or may not be a veteran, but certainly isn't a "quiet professional." Attempts at all times to be "Tacticool." Also generally looks like an a$$ to those of us who might not have all of these things, but have actually been an "operator."

2) "Geek" Guy: This guy expects to dazzle you with the brilliance of his knowledge of ballistics, knockdown power, one shot stops and knows all the numbers of the latest whiz bang ammo to come out of the Unobtainium factory. Knows lots of stories about "one shot stops" and how much "ballistic damage" a particular bullet can do. Can't find the .22 LR ammo on the shelf when you ask for them.

3) "Fan-Boy" Guy: This guy is "Geek" guy's 1st cousin. He is generally wearing the t-shirt, hat, belt buckle, or Under-roos with the logo of his fan-boydom emblazoned on it. Compares everything in the cabinet against his favorite fan-boy gun and explains how it always comes up short in a gunfight, firefight, knife fight, karate fight, pants off dance off fight... Whatever. When asked why he likes whatever brand so much, he might turn into "Operator Guy" or "Competition" Guy.

4) "Competition" Guy: This dude waxes on about how much he shoots and when he shoots and how when he shoots he is hitting and shooting and how shooting is for shooters. Talks about how this gun or that gun does in competition and knows all the IDPA, IPSC, USPSA, MICKEYMOUSE, 3 Gun, 2 Gun, 5 Gun acronyms for each type of shooting that he shoots. He is generally related in some way to "Operator" guy and "Geek" guy.

5) "Salesman" Guy: This guy isn't a bad guy, he is just making a sale; and often, he only knows what the Firearms product manager (BB Store) or the brochure tells him. Not much help to you if all you have read is the brochure as well, since you may have additional product questions. Barely knows where the keys to the cabinet are.

6) "Gear" Guy: This guy is "Fan-Boy" Guy's uncle. He loves the newest whiz bang, upside down, left handed Kydex belt buckle holster, and he is even wearing it "right now." He is willing to make it his life mission to extoll the virtues of every piece of gear he has ever seen or worn, especially if he heard somewhere that it was made from something like Kydex or Sharkskin. Has worn, tested or used every piece of gear for guns known to man and if you listen to this guy, whatever you buy from him will most likely end up taking up space in a box labeled "Bad Ideas" somewhere in your garage. Has no idea where the gun cabinet key is.

7) "Myth" Guy: This guy is a much less smarter version of "Geek" Guy. He spends his time uttering myths about all things gun. You will hear things from him like "AR-15s always jam," "silencers are illegal," and "AK-47s aren't accurate." Myth guy generally doesn't remember where he heard this or what information this is based on. Has to ask the manager for the cabinet key.

8) "Elite" Guy: "Operator" Guy's brother. This cat barely looks up over his new copy of "Extreme Shooter" magazine and cup of coffee to acknowledge you. Acts like you are interrupting his day to see a gun or answer a question. Knows where the key is, but he ain't getting it for you.

None of these folks are bad people, they just tend to drive people who are shy or first time shooters away and drive those of us who do know better insane. I have tried educating some of them, but I can usually tell within a couple seconds who is worth the effort and who isn't.

Being one of these guys would be fine enough, if they were just better salesman. This is the place that the novice who might be buying their first gun is going to get an impression of who they may see on the range or in a class with. Be nice if some of them wanted to make a better impression.

:s0146: As much as I love shooting, going gun shopping is often the most frustrating experience of my life. These are the top 8 types of help I run into at gun shops: :(

1) "Operator" Guy: This doofus has a beard, arm tattoos, a tight t-shirt that looks very "operator-ey" and talks to the customers about all the guns he used back when he was "in the shiznit." Spends much of his time attempting to one up anyone telling a story in the shop and burns lots of calories flexing and smiling when you have your girlfriend/wife with you. May or may not be a veteran, but certainly isn't a "quiet professional." Attempts at all times to be "Tacticool." Also generally looks like an a$$ to those of us who might not have all of these things, but have actually been an "operator."

2) "Geek" Guy: This guy expects to dazzle you with the brilliance of his knowledge of ballistics, knockdown power, one shot stops and knows all the numbers of the latest whiz bang ammo to come out of the Unobtainium factory. Knows lots of stories about "one shot stops" and how much "ballistic damage" a particular bullet can do. Can't find the .22 LR ammo on the shelf when you ask for them.

3) "Fan-Boy" Guy: This guy is "Geek" guy's 1st cousin. He is generally wearing the t-shirt, hat, belt buckle, or Under-roos with the logo of his fan-boydom emblazoned on it. Compares everything in the cabinet against his favorite fan-boy gun and explains how it always comes up short in a gunfight, firefight, knife fight, karate fight, pants off dance off fight... Whatever. When asked why he likes whatever brand so much, he might turn into "Operator Guy" or "Competition" Guy.

4) "Competition" Guy: This dude waxes on about how much he shoots and when he shoots and how when he shoots he is hitting and shooting and how shooting is for shooters. Talks about how this gun or that gun does in competition and knows all the IDPA, IPSC, USPSA, MICKEYMOUSE, 3 Gun, 2 Gun, 5 Gun acronyms for each type of shooting that he shoots. He is generally related in some way to "Operator" guy and "Geek" guy.

5) "Salesman" Guy: This guy isn't a bad guy, he is just making a sale; and often, he only knows what the Firearms product manager (BB Store) or the brochure tells him. Not much help to you if all you have read is the brochure as well, since you may have additional product questions. Barely knows where the keys to the cabinet are.

6) "Gear" Guy: This guy is "Fan-Boy" Guy's uncle. He loves the newest whiz bang, upside down, left handed Kydex belt buckle holster, and he is even wearing it "right now." He is willing to make it his life mission to extoll the virtues of every piece of gear he has ever seen or worn, especially if he heard somewhere that it was made from something like Kydex or Sharkskin. Has worn, tested or used every piece of gear for guns known to man and if you listen to this guy, whatever you buy from him will most likely end up taking up space in a box labeled "Bad Ideas" somewhere in your garage. Has no idea where the gun cabinet key is.

7) "Myth" Guy: This guy is a much less smarter version of "Geek" Guy. He spends his time uttering myths about all things gun. You will hear things from him like "AR-15s always jam," "silencers are illegal," and "AK-47s aren't accurate." Myth guy generally doesn't remember where he heard this or what information this is based on. Has to ask the manager for the cabinet key.

8) "Elite" Guy: "Operator" Guy's brother. This cat barely looks up over his new copy of "Extreme Shooter" magazine and cup of coffee to acknowledge you. Acts like you are interrupting his day to see a gun or answer a question. Knows where the key is, but he ain't getting it for you.

None of these folks are bad people, they just tend to drive people who are shy or first time shooters away and drive those of us who do know better insane. I have tried educating some of them, but I can usually tell within a couple seconds who is worth the effort and who isn't.

Being one of these guys would be fine enough, if they were just better salesman. This is the place that the novice who might be buying their first gun is going to get an impression of who they may see on the range or in a class with. Be nice if some of them wanted to make a better impression.

Funny thing. Owning my own shop and standing behind the counter and numerous others, many customers could be lumped into the same categories, with a few more thrown in for good measure.

" Are all gun shop employees D bags? "

Probably not.

How would the supply of D bags be maintained?
Many would be fired over time, die, move on, etc...
There can't be a big demand for employees trained in Douchebagery.
So there probably isn't a trade school supplying D bag graduates.

My guess is....
They are probably recruited from the large numbers of amateur D bagers found in their customer base...or family members, if the Gun Store's owner is a D-bag Master.

Last Edited:
" Are all gun shop employees D bags? "

Probably not.

How would the supply of D bags be maintained?
Many would be fired over time, die, move on, etc...
There can't be a big demand for employees trained in Douchebagery.
So there probably isn't a trade school supplying D bag graduates.

My guess is....
They are probably recruited from the large numbers of amateur D bagers found in their customer base...or family members, if the owner is a D-bag Master.
They all fly in on D plane!

th?&id=JN.WgKuj9Kfv7P5z2Hee8rj8w&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0.jpg

It's retail. Working retail sucks. Anyone who works retail, for any length of time, learns to hate it. It doesn't really matter what your personality is before you start working retail, by the time you are done with it, you have a whole new outlook on it. In my opinion, it a case of nurture over nature.

Very few (and I mean VERY few) will always be able to keep a good attitude working retail.

Those who have done retail, will know I speak the truth.

The Gun Room isn't really a gun store. Its more of a firearms museum, with outrageous price tags on the guns. Fairy tale prices.

There are double barrel shotguns in there that are brand new, that have not moved in 40 years!

When I was garbage collecting (police work) the public always had an opinion of how I should do my job...everyone "paid my salary" with their taxes...funny, I paid taxes as well. Truth be told, most of DB's I hauled off never paid a penny in income taxes...
So yea, I guess my rant is the public can be testy at times....:s0098:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top