JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have to agree with Battery here, most GS act like your a inconvenience to their day. There are some exceptions and that's who I do business with. My money is just that. If you look down your nose at me or act like I'm stupid for asking questions, then me and my money go elsewhere. Simple. There is one particular GS outside of Corvallis that has nothing but jerks strapped up. I tried on three different occasions to find someone pleasant to speak with but it seems to be the only commodity they are short one.
My Bro-in-law tried as well, same results.
Since our local GS here has closed due to retirement, I purchase my guns on-line at Buds unless I'm looking for a relic. My two cents...;)

I have 2 LGS's which are my "Go To" gun stores. Then there's Sportsman's Warehouse/on line, etc.

One I use to buy New guns...Some of the staff are great, a few are idiots. I usually deal with Mgr. or asst Mgr.

One I use for all my Dillon buys.......Owner is OK, but a lousy businessman. His help sucks, so I get in and out As quickly as possible, which means I do not browse, which means lost sales for him.

Wha' Chu' gona' do?:rolleyes:o_O:confused::(:):cool::D

I feel like we have been here before....like all this has been said recently. Deja vu man..

Maybe I am just crazy but I got all my frustration out in the last one a few weeks ago. Now I see this as just plain whining! I love it as I had the same rant. It gets easier...time heals all butt hurt.

I feel like we have been here before....like all this has been said recently. Deja vu man..

Maybe I am just crazy but I got all my frustration out in the last one a few weeks ago. Now I see this as just plain whining! I love it as I had the same rant. It gets easier...time heals all butt hurt.

Ya, I thought the same thing, but was bored this AM before getting my butt into gear........so I replied........:rolleyes::rolleyes:o_Oo_O:confused::confused:

Again, I say;
Wha' Chu' gona' do?:rolleyes:o_O:confused::(:):cool::D

Deja vu* all over again..........:D;):D

And for those who are curious;

*Question: "What is the spiritual significance to a déjà vu experience?"

Answer:
The term déjà vu is a French term coined by a French psychic researcher named Émile Boirac. Déjà vu means "already seen," and is also called "paramnesia." It describes the feeling of having already experienced a situation. When experiencing déjà vu, one is struck with feelings of familiarity and strangeness, which can make one feel that the situation has truly happened before.

Approximately two thirds of adults claim to have had a déjà vu experience. Déjà vu experiences have been connected with medical conditions, such as schizophrenia, epilepsy, and anxiety. No one really knows what causes these episodes, although psychologists have also come up with theories such as stress and internal hidden conflicts. Some believe déjà vu is the memory of previously forgotten dreams. Still others associate it with psychic abilities, prophecy, or past-life experiences.

A déjà vu experience could be the result of God revealing certain things to a person before the event occurred, but the experience could also simply be the result of something occurring that is very similar to an event in the past. The event triggers the memory, causing an "eerie" sense of familiarity. Rather than being a spiritual issue, déjà vu is likely a simple and harmless physical one.

All of your problems will be solved if you go into the Gun Room in Portland, OR. Ask to see their line of Glocks. :D

c3d1b36dd36444898c3bb5c6f8c1ab66_zps8dpn22lf.jpg

I have a distinct advantage when going to the LGS.

I bring my wife........ The D bags all of a sudden are very nice LOL

I have to agree mostly, with the overall state of gun shops. It does seem hard to find one that are friendly and knowledgeable.

The one definite exception was an outfit in Sandy. Great shop, and very nice folks. Can't remember the name off the top of my head, but every time I went in, they acted like they were glad to see me, even though they did not know me.

...... definite exception was an outfit in Sandy. Great shop, and very nice folks. Can't remember the name off the top of my head, ........
:s0113:.............:s0140:..............:s0101:

Question; When is an endorsement NOT an endorsement?

Answer; When the endorser can't remember who he's endorsing.

:s0111:............:s0111:...............:s0111:..............:s0111:............:s0111:............

I may just be jinxing myself, but I have never run into a "D-bag counter guy or girl" I've shopped all over the Portland Metro area and with the one obvious exception (The Gun Room) I have never had a problem with anyone I've dealt with on the other side of the counter. From Sportman's, Cabela's, Gun Broker (Clackamas), Keith's (shocked I know), NW Armory, Wild Bills, Bi-Mart and Fred Meyer. I've never had anything but and enjoyable experience.

There a lot of very nice people in the business. I think I also have had many good experience's. I think Stomper, and Taku have it sort of right, that sometimes it just might be you :)

No... If you read what I posted.. I prefer a shop ran by a businessman who hires professionals. I really don't care how much they know about guns. Info about guns is not hard to find. I also don't need the services of a gunsmith that often.

Do people read? LOL

Huh.. I remember going to the gun room years ago. I cant remember much about the experience.

I realize I have hit a nerve with some gun types on here. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Again I will say.. I have not had gun shops treat me bad. I'm in and out. I buy plenty and ask very little of them. My post is more of an observation from how they treat new customers I see coming in to the store.

I still think many gun owners could take a lesson from other successful businesses. Just because you are into guns doesn't make you good at customer service and sales. (that kinda is what they are in business for I hope)

Y'all need to stop being so sensitive and just don't ask questions of the D bags. If you tell them you want to look at something specific,then don't respond unless they give you the gun you want to see.Don't get into a pissin' match with them
Know more than them before you go.
Remember they get a few guys coming in who want to tell them everything they know and how they are the smart ones.

And is this the weekly "I hate local gun stores and their stupid employees" thread?

Very few things more annoying for those of us behind counters than customers who come in and ask a question just so they can hear themselves answer it. For the most part we smile and take it as if we were enjoying it.

My shop is too small to upset my customer base. I doubt I make minimum wage, but I do this because I love being around guns. I enjoy selling them, working on them, reading about them, and usually talking about them. I know a good amount about guns. I sometimes have to catch myself as I offer too long answers to simple questions. I'm not trying to make anyone feel stupid, as I have to call friends all the time to get answers to gun questions. I just like to talk about guns. I'm not a particular "fan-boy" of any gun, but like anyone doing anything for a good length of time, I have developed opinions. If asked, I will probably share.

It is my sincere hope that my customers attribute my occasional loquaciousness to a passion for what I do and an enjoyment over the thought that someone enjoys things as much as I do. If I am an bubblegum, it is my sincere hope that someone steps up and calls me on it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top