JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree and have said so before but I always find it interesting (not only in this situation but others I have read) where so many try to justify the shooting of an unarmed person as 'self defense' by saying 'he was trying to arm himself' (or something equally unrealistic or 'tacticoolish' sounding)

Arbery was simply trying to save himself by keeping the barrel away from his body. If Travis McMichael had NOT gotten within gun reaching distance to Arbery (which is always a wrong thing to do) Arbery would have never grabbed it.

Travis McMichael is obviously not too bright and was most likely playing out some bizzare fantasy precipitated by movies or other influences.
What? Unrealsistic? Are you saying that AA had not grabbed TM's gun when he was shot? If TM had not gotten within gun reaching distance to Arbery? Given that AA charged TM, the only way to have prevented AA from getting within reaching distance would to have shot him sooner. Playing out some bizzare fantacy precipitated by the movies. The speculation in this thread is amazing.

So…..if someone runs up to someone else pointing a gun, the person being pointed at has a duty to NOT try and disarm or otherwise defend themselves against the threat?

Nevermind the fact that they chased him with guns for several blocks with two different vehicles till they "cornered him like a rat" ...

this whole thread is sad to read.

Some how I doubt that. What makes you think that TM would not have shot a white person who was attempting to disarm him?
They wouldnt have chased him down in the first place. You guys dont know the rural south well do you?

Itll come out in the second trial...and you still wont believe it.

They wouldnt have chased him down in the first place. You guys dont know the rural south well do you?

Itll come out in the second trial...and you still wont believe it.
And if it doesn't come out in the second (and unnecessary and Constitutionally questionable) trial, you'll still believe it!

Let's be honest, playing armchair judge, jury, and executioner is a baseless exercise for either side of the debate.

And if it doesn't come out in the second (and unnecessary and Constitutionally questionable) trial, you'll still believe it!

Let's be honest, playing armchair judge, jury, and executioner is a baseless exercise for either side of the debate.
Nope I'm a due process guy. I accept court judgments and elections as matter of fact.

I agree and have said so before but I always find it interesting (not only in this situation but others I have read) where so many try to justify the shooting of an unarmed person as 'self defense' by saying 'he was trying to arm himself' (or something equally unrealistic or 'tacticoolish' sounding)

Arbery was simply trying to save himself by keeping the barrel away from his body. If Travis McMichael had NOT gotten within gun reaching distance to Arbery (which is always a wrong thing to do) Arbery would have never grabbed it.

Travis McMichael is obviously not too bright and was most likely playing out some bizzare fantasy precipitated by movies or other influences.
Arbery changed direction and ran at travis. You should really look into the case as a whole and what precipitated it. Arbery wasn't a random guy that was targeted.

The first and largest mistake was that ol pops and his son are NOT cops and shouldn't have played cops. They made the mistake of trying to chase the guy down and hold him at gun point and that isn't a great start to claiming self defense. If I remember right ol pops had been a cop but wasn't anymore he should have known better. I don't give a rip even if the guy was prowling the construction site it still doesn't justify what they did. Even if he hadnt grabbed the gun and been shot the three numbnuts would still be up on charges for illegal detainment, kidnapping, assault, criminal mischief, brandishing, etc. ect. Play stupid games win stupid prizes......

Last Edited:
Arbery changed direction and ran at travis. You should really look into the case as a whole and what precipitated it. Arbery wasn't a random guy that was targeted.
I have two q's for you.

- What was the sequence of events as you see it?

- What evidence would you need to see to believe that the McM's were guilty of murder?

We have processes in place. All we can do is trust due process.
You may be willing to trust the process but having seen the blatant abuse by all levels of government, I am not willing to trust them at all. I also do not subscribe to the view that there is noting else we can do. If the founding fathers thought that way we would still be part of England or maybe Canada, with no 2A rights whatsoever.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top