JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The first and largest mistake was that ol pops and his son are NOT cops and shouldn't have played cops. They made the mistake of trying to chase the guy down and hold him at gun point and that isn't a great start to claiming self defense. If I remember right ol pops had been a cop but wasn't anymore he should have known better. I don't give a rip even if the guy was prowling the construction site it still doesn't justify what they did. Even if he hadnt grabbed the gun and been shot the three numbnuts would still be up on charges for illegal detainment, kidnapping, assault, criminal mischief, brandishing, etc. ect. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.......
Citizen arrest is legal. The judge made a narrow decision on the law that did not follow the intent of the law or case law which prevented any real defense. The detainment turned ugly because Arbery turned violent. I don't think anyone would appreciate being detained but it's not wise to attack an armed man. Arbery was a felon while on felony bail with a history of theft and mental instability. Arbery had been previously been prowling at night at the same site and other properties and the police had to get involved in the past. The optics are bad but it's amazing that much of the public would side with one felon instead of three assumed responsible citizens, one with law enforcement background concerned with a crime wave in their neighborhood. So next time something bad happens in ones hood and the police are unavailable just hide under ones blanket. This is how civil society dies.

Arbery changed direction and ran at travis. You should really look into the case as a whole and what precipitated it. Arbery wasn't a random guy that was targeted.
Is it possible that Arbery, having been chased for several blocks by 3 determined, armed white men, in pickup trucks, feared he might be about to get killed/kidnapped/lynched ? At that point should he have resigned himself to being murdered, or should he not have tried to save himself by fighting back ?
Were I, ( and I be white), chased down under similar circumstances by 3 strangers , I would have picked the latter.

You're correct, he wasn't a random guy. They picked him because they felt he looked out of place in their neighborhood. Because he was black.

as per Fox News

"After Travis MicMichael shot Arbery, who is black, in the torso twice, he allegedly blurted "F—ing n——" as the 25-year-old took his final breaths, according to Bryan's statement to an investigator."

yes, Arbery had a criminal record for possessing a gun and shoplifting a TV. Doesn't make hime the best person, but nothing there he should be murdered for.

Some in this thread seem upset that their rights to mete out vigilante justice on the flimsiest pretext is being limited by law, rational argument, evidence and a modicum of humanity....

Last Edited:
Citizen arrest is legal. The judge made a narrow decision on the law that did not follow the intent of the law or case law which prevented any real defense. The detainment turned ugly because Arbery turned violent. I don't think anyone would appreciate being detained but it's not wise to attack an armed man. Arbery was a felon while on felony bail with a history of theft and mental instability. Arbery had been previously been prowling at night at the same site and other properties and the police had to get involved in the past. The optics are bad but it's amazing that much of the public would side with one felon instead of three assumed responsible citizens, one with law enforcement background concerned with a crime wave in their neighborhood. So next time something bad happens in ones hood and the police are unavailable just hide under ones blanket. This is how civil society dies.
Among all the other things you chose to get wrong, this is the extent of his interaction with the police.

When Mr Arbery was in high school, he received five years of probation for a first-time weapons charge and in 2018, was convicted of probation violation for shoplifting, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution newspaper.
It emerged that, in 2017, a Glynn County officer attempted to tase him after he denied their request to search his car at a park.
Police bodycam footage showed the encounter with officers, who said he was in a car in an area known for drug use. He said he was on his day off from work. The taser malfunctioned and he was allowed to leave on foot.

The actual "bad optic" here is your continued violation of Rule #3 of the Code of Conduct, Divisive, negative, offensive, nonfactual, or inappropriate content is prohibited

Is it possible that Arbery, having been chased for several blocks by 3 determined, armed white men, in pickup trucks, feared he might be about to get killed/kidnapped/lynched ? At that point should he have resigned himself to being murdered, or should he not have tried to save himself by fighting back ?
Were I, ( and I be white), chased down under similar circumstances by 3 strangers , I would have picked the latter.

You're correct, he wasn't a random guy. They picked him because they felt he looked out of place in their neighborhood. Because he was black.

as per Fox News

"After Travis MicMichael shot Arbery, who is black, in the torso twice, he allegedly blurted "F—ing n——" as the 25-year-old took his final breaths, according to Bryan's statement to an investigator."
As a non criminal I would have tried to figure what was going on with words when the MCM said "we want to talk to you" I have been in a similar situation on both sides. Yet not with the dire outcomes as this case.

You have never uttered the wrong words when in shock? Corporate news is not your friend.

Citizens arrest is legal if you witness the commission of a crime. They didn't, they just thought Arbery maybe had, because in their minds he looked like the sort that might.
They had no foreknowledge of Arbery's mild criminal history so that could not have played into their decision making.
Much of the public sided with Arbery against your 3 responsible citizens, because the facts and evidence showed that they were not remotely that, and their actions were horrific. That's not really "optics"

Among all the other things you chose to get wrong, this is the extent of his interaction with the police.

When Mr Arbery was in high school, he received five years of probation for a first-time weapons charge and in 2018, was convicted of probation violation for shoplifting, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution newspaper.
It emerged that, in 2017, a Glynn County officer attempted to tase him after he denied their request to search his car at a park.
Police bodycam footage showed the encounter with officers, who said he was in a car in an area known for drug use. He said he was on his day off from work. The taser malfunctioned and he was allowed to leave on foot.

The actual "bad optic" here is your continued violation of Rule #3 of the Code of Conduct, Divisive, negative, offensive, nonfactual, or inappropriate content is prohibited
The police had been involved with him before in the same hood. Watch some more mainstream media and keep the blinders on.

Citizens arrest is legal if you witness the commission of a crime. They didn't, they just thought Arbery maybe had, because in their minds he looked like the sort that might.
They had no foreknowledge of Arbery's mild criminal history so that could not have played into their decision making.
Much of the public sided with Arbery against your 3 responsible citizens, because the facts and evidence showed that they were not remotely that, and their actions were horrific. That's not really "optics"
There was a crime and it was witnessed. The evidence that was "Allowed" in court. This was theatre and the result was to appease the mob. I hate someone died but it wasn't someone murdered because he was black in the wrong hood. The media has influenced the court of opinion to the point that objectivity is hard to find. Keep believing everything you're fed by the media. I am losing interest.

As a non criminal I would have tried to figure what was going on with words when the MCM said "we want to talk to you" I have been in a similar situation on both sides. Yet not with the dire outcomes as this case.

You have never uttered the wrong words when in shock? Corporate news is not your friend.
well, then you have to hopeful that they will a) believe what you tell them and b) why the F%^& should I let 3 armed strangers detain or question me ?
See, I utter wrong words, even when not in shock. But he used very specific wrong words.
I'm not sure what Corp news has to do with it, the words are attributed to the gentleman filming, Fox ( as did every other news outlet ) merely reported it.

Please do share your news source, if you feel it's more accurate in it's reporting of this case...

There was a crime and it was witnessed. The evidence that was "Allowed" in court. This was theatre and the result was to appease the mob. I hate someone died but it wasn't someone murdered because he was black in the wrong hood. The media has influenced the court of opinion to the point that objectivity is hard to find. Keep believing everything you're fed by the media. I am losing interest.
Please also provide a source on a crime that justified a citizens arrest sic and also that it had been witnessed

why are you so desperate that the 3 men should be right in murdering Arbery ?

Do some digging. But you won't. I think I heard it on the Barnes or Branca law pocast but I don't want to dig for It again myself. Believing media Narrative is easy. Getting to the truth beyond the media and politics is difficult.
I have, and every reliable, non 'fake news' site I find, including testimony and evidence presented in court is counter to you position

Because it wasn't murder I believe it was manslaughter. Why are you so desperate to defend a criminal?
Because a) due process b) proportional punishment for any crime should you be found guilty. Like being found guilty of murder.

Irony is I'm defending a perhaps trespassing criminal, you're (poorly) defending 3 duly guilty murdering criminals

They testified to the fact the Arbery was seen previously at the trespassing site at night and when confronted with a light he postured as if he was armed. Knowing that firearms were recently stolen Mcm backed off and lost track of Arbrery

You and your fan club may be a bit gullible and see this out of context. Which fake sites are you referencing?
Literally any of them that support the demonstrably false claims you are making :s0112:

Also you seam to be caught in a Burden Of Proof Fallacy loop
To wit:
The burden of proof fallacy is a logical fallacy that occurs when someone tries to evade their burden of proof, by denying it, pretending to have fulfilled it, or shifting it to someone else.

You made specific claims about the case, it is ON YOU to prove them, NOT on me to disprove them

Because a) due process b) proportional punishment for any crime should you be found guilty. Like being found guilty of murder.

Irony is I'm defending a perhaps trespassing criminal, you're (poorly) defending 3 duly guilty murdering criminals
The bottom line is Arbery ran toward and attacked an armed man that was trying to communicate with and detain him. Whether or not the citizen arrest was correct Arbery attacked out of fear or anger but he attacked just the same.

They testified to the fact the Arbery was seen previously at the trespassing site at night and when confronted with a light he postured as if he was armed. Knowing that firearms were recently stolen Mcm backed off and lost track of Arbrery
"they"- you mean the "MCM"s? They said that ?
Well that changes everything then. I'd never doubt the testimony of someone trying not to get charged with murder….

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top