JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"…and they thought he was a thief." That probably is the more accurate reason they chased him down. I have yet to see concrete evidence of your initial statement. I am not saying they were justified, I just get tired of everyone being so eager to racially sensationalize everything.
What would convince you? If they were sickin' the hounds after him and were wearing pillow cases? I don't know about you but I've spent about 1/3 of my life in the neighboring state and the thought of a truck load of shotgun toting hillbillies chasing down a black guy ( and only the black guy ) for looking in a house under construction in their neighborhood doesnt seem out of the ordinary at all. Its just that theyve gotten tired of it.

What would convince you? If they were sickin' the hounds after him and were wearing pillow cases? I don't know about you but I've spent about 1/3 of my life in the neighboring state and the thought of a truck load of shotgun toting hillbillies chasing down a black guy ( and only the black guy ) for looking in a house under construction in their neighborhood doesnt seem out of the ordinary at all. Its just that theyve gotten tired of it.
Careful, the term hillbilly is offensive to some; if you ever committed a crime against a rural white person you could probably also be charged for a hate crime!

Fact:
They were found guilty so they'll be behind bars the rest of their lives.

Opinion:
Was race a factor - I would say most likely

A second trial may or may not find them guilty of hate crime(s).

Fact:
They are still in prison for life, no matter the out come of an second trial.

Question 1:
What good would a second trial accomplished?

Some may answer:
1. Trending record to show just how things are/was.
Rebuttal- true if ALL hate crime was recorded/documented.

2. None

3. Show that they are racist

4. ??? Please enlighten me.

Question 2.
What harm would a second trial do?

1. Divided America more

2. Cost more tax dollars

3. Waste court time

4. Prove to all that racism is indeed in USA
Or should that be in the good reason to have a second trial?
Racism is in every country on Earth!

Just out of curiosity, did I miss the evidence that racism was involved? Or does every negative interaction between races automatically have to be racist?
The older gentleman--who had been an investigator for the local DA's office--had a history of using racist language that suggested antipathy toward African Americans.

IMO not every negative interaction between the races is racist, but lots are. Think of it like this....if the guy jogging was white, they probably wouldn't have given him a second thought or even noticed him. I'd bet my retirement that he looked suspicious to them because he was brown, not because he was jogging or a stranger.

I actually do feel sorry for the third guy...who can be paroled after 30 years. He followed his stupid friends, filmed the video that sunk them and watched one of them kill some guy from his truck. Felony murder is a bubblegum.

Fact:
They were found guilty so they'll be behind bars the rest of their lives.

Opinion:
Was race a factor - I would say most likely

A second trial may or may not find them guilty of hate crime(s).

Fact:
They are still in prison for life, no matter the out come of an second trial.

Question 1:
What good would a second trial accomplished?

Some may answer:
1. Trending record to show just how things are/was.
Rebuttal- true if ALL hate crime was recorded/documented.

2. None

3. Show that they are racist

4. ??? Please enlighten me.

Question 2.
What harm would a second trial do?

1. Divided America more

2. Cost more tax dollars

3. Waste court time

4. Prove to all that racism is indeed in USA
Or should that be in the good reason to have a second trial?
Racism is in every country on Earth!
Convictions like that are not so the defendant can get convicted and spend more time in jail. They are more like a dead coyote hung up on barbed wire, a warning to the others. Sorry for the Texas reference. Its a deterrent.

I agree and have said so before but I always find it interesting (not only in this situation but others I have read) where so many try to justify the shooting of an unarmed person as 'self defense' by saying 'he was trying to arm himself' (or something equally unrealistic or 'tacticoolish' sounding)

Arbery was simply trying to save himself by keeping the barrel away from his body. If Travis McMichael had NOT gotten within gun reaching distance to Arbery (which is always a wrong thing to do) Arbery would have never grabbed it.

Travis McMichael is obviously not too bright and was most likely playing out some bizzare fantasy precipitated by movies or other influences.

This.

I think that the 3 men should NOT have done what they did - period!

I thought that the dead victim was stupid at first to try to GRAB or move the gun away from the other man.

Then I thought that HIS INSTINCT kicked in where he thought that if he could MOVE IT AWAY or take it away from the man holding it and POINTING IT right at him... that was what he was trying to do.

I believe that it was a FIGHT or FLEE SITUATION and in his mind - it was fight time since it was HIM against 3 men and one man had a GUN POINTED at him at CLOSE RANGE! Crikey! That is how I saw it in the end.

As far as some men or women who think that they can do x, y or z in the name of the LAW when they are NOT LE in any capacity or even if they are RETIRED LEO... good luck there.

Cate
PS: NOT related but I want to say this here.

I have seen some recent verdicts and other 'news' where even Republican and NOT just Democrat - SJW liberal - far LEFT judges, attorney generals, the court system, etc. have LET some people off with NO jail time, barely a fine or a $50. fine when they should have gotten much more of a sentence for their crime, assault AND damage to a restaurant or a store.

I have LOST TOTAL FAITH even with the Rs (Nothing new there even in a so called RED state!) as a TRUE, old fashioned conservative with a libertarian slant old lady who really believes in law and order and for the JUSTICE SYSTEM to work.

The CLUELESS or smart as a fox but LYING dumb bunnies in the news who are calling and writing books (On the boob tube.) while saying that antifa is a MYTH really tick me off. HECK, EVEN SOME OF THE REPUBLICANS (Top men!) who were in power said some of the same crapola when Trump was in office! It is a myth or an IDEA, bla and bla. OUT of their own lying or stupid mouths!

Meanwhile, the DOJ will be hiring some more and forming their new agency branch against 'extremists' (IN THE NEWS YESTERDAY!) and since they are going AFTER the rioters/criminals who DESTROYED property and attacked peace officers not the peaceful marchers but the RIOTERS in the District of Criminals... when will they GO AFTER the rioters and criminals BIG TIME in your PNW states and across the country who destroyed, burned, looted/stole and physically HURT and murdered people ON PUBLIC and PRIVATE PROPERTIES?!

I wait with baited BREATH for those criminal rioters to PAY for their dirty deeds/crimes.

Maybe Jarvanka whispered not only in Daddy's ear for all of HIS (Trump's) criminal justice reform that he did and maybe (?) Jarvanka did some more whispering to their OTHER Democrat and Republican SJW lovers out there in LA LA LAND.

God almighty, we complain when the D presidents let off people and PARDON THEM but Trump pardoned a whole bunch of them and the criminal spy - dude goes off to Israel, gets greeted like a freaking HERO, he kissed the ground off of the airplane, he tells other dual citizens - people that they should do this or that and SPITS on the USA even though he was a long time CONVICTED SPY against the USA! YOU can't make this s!!! up yet it is TRUE.

JONATHAN POLLARD! May you rot in you know where!

I bet old Faux Fox and Faux CNN did not discuss this a whole lot either. IT was in the news but not covered a whole LOT there. Gee, go figure! Another fact that people on both and all sides IGNORE while they worship at the altar of their D or R leaders! Cult followers for sure!

Quote - another reminder while Assange rots in jail.

"I love Wiki Leaks!" Former President Trump said it more than one time too! Kind of like all of the other IN VOGUE quotes of his that some of his followers believed.

Just like the Biden, Obama, Clinton, etc. crowd loved/loves HIS quotes!

Crazy land - senile land men and women! UGH.

There are a whole bunch of those quotes and deeds OUT THERE from both parties!

Throw in the crooked, lying thieves like the Clintons, the Bush family, the Biden family and the Obama twins. Etc. Don't forget FAUCI and his ilk.

Gee, just how many shell companies do ALL of those politicians have and how do they RIG their taxes even with their so called foundations, charities and LIBRARIES?! That is if they even SHOW their taxes like they promised to do?! LOL

Last Edited:
I just get tired of everyone being so eager to racially sensationalize everything.
I do too.

But it is what it is. The only "trespasser" they chased was Arbery, whom they afterwards called a "fín N******a".

I'm against the Hate Crimes separate trials. But one simply cannot decouple these guys racial attitudes from this crime. The evidence suggests it was racial motivation that precipitated the shooting. In other words, I don't think they shot him because he was black, but they did chase him down because he was black, and that led to the shooting when Arbery tried to defend himself by grabbing the shotgun. (Soooooo, diff from the KR case, where KR was the one being chased.)

Last Edited:
Careful, the term hillbilly is offensive to some; if you ever committed a crime against a rural white person you could probably also be charged for a hate crime!

Not a chance of that happening.

IMO it's not offensive when properly applied to the peoples that live in the area below. When applied as a stereotype to all people that live in the South, that is called BIGOTRY. It is not funny at all.

And calling McM hillbillies is not even accurate... "cracker" might make more sense if one really wants to denigrate. Or maybe "redneck" which does seem to apply to McM but is often also bigotry applied to EVERYONE that lives int he South.

I hear tell they prefer Appalachian Americans now.

I am quite sure they too are thinking this as well...
Duh?

Well, no kidding! I bet that their families could RING their necks if they were not already LOCKED UP too!

What a bunch of dumb @@@es - that should be their prison nickname!

Dumb @@@ 1, 2 and 3!

Cate

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews