JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While I couldn't wade through the whole thread this trial was completely politically motivated to appease the mob. So many ignorant comments.
Of course it was. Watching the video the clowns got exactly what they deserved. They made a choice to chase the guy down and shoot him. Was he a criminal? Maybe. Would I have done what these jokers did? No. They made a choice, now they get to live with the choice they made. Hope they think it was worth it. :s0092:
:s0092:

Of course it was. Watching the video the clowns got exactly what they deserved. They made a choice to chase the guy down and shoot him. Was he a criminal? Maybe. Would I have done what these jokers did? No. They made a choice, now they get to live with the choice they made. Hope they think it was worth it. :s0092:
:s0092:
As I said. Ignorant comments.

While I couldn't wade through the whole thread this trial was completely politically motivated to appease the mob. So many ignorant comments.

It would appear so. Check out Andew Branca and other non-biased sources.
So…you jump into the end of a thread, stating you can't be bothered to read what has already been posted…then throw out a hazy assertion…and back it by saying to check out an "unbiased" guy's work.

Seriously - what point were you trying to convey? You haven't clarified your own opinion on things, haven't offered any evidence of anything, can't be bothered to read some thread yet expect others to go research (you can't even be bothered to link a single video).

You make an assertion that Branca is unbiased and then provide nothing to back that. You vaguely claim the jury made the wrong decision in this case…and then again offer nothing.

So…what was the point?

So…you jump into the end of a thread, stating you can't be bothered to read what has already been posted…then throw out a hazy assertion…and back it by saying to check out an "unbiased" guy's work.

Seriously - what point were you trying to convey? You haven't clarified your own opinion on things, haven't offered any evidence of anything, can't be bothered to read some thread yet expect others to go research (you can't even be bothered to link a single video).

You make an assertion that Branca is unbiased and then provide nothing to back that. You vaguely claim the jury made the wrong decision in this case…and then again offer nothing.

So…what was the point?
I read through the first couple pages realizing most of you had no idea the context of what happened. But that's what happens when you listen to CNN and MSNBC I guess. Do some homework and don't expect to be spoon fed. Our country is screwed because we have lost ability to critically think.

You know it's going be bad when their defense is "Sure, they said a bunch of stuff that everyone agrees is racist and appalling, but let's try the same argument that lost last time and see how that goes"

I was driving through Brunswick GA a few weeks on my way to Florida to pick something up. If I never have to travel through that craphole again I'll be fine.

I like Andrew Branca and follow his blog hes very knowledgable about self defense law and worth listening to, but hes anything but partisan and unbiased, hes right wing as can be and it shows.
Back on topic I dont see how this trial is politically motivated? there is a lot of evidence to show the McMichaels are racist AF but I will let the court decide rather than trust the media. I read a few weeks ago that it will be very difficult for prosecutors to prove racism, but the link shared today has a lot of evidence....

I read through the first couple pages realizing most of you had no idea the context of what happened. But that's what happens when you listen to CNN and MSNBC I guess. Do some homework and don't expect to be spoon fed. Our country is screwed because we have lost ability to critically think.
Patrikky, I suspect that you and I are likely in near full agreement on this issue and I'm also tired of the regular media lie after lie: however, please self examine this statement above with your earlier one which you stated that you had only read the start of this thread. I hope you can see some incongruity there. No offense intended.

Regards to all:

Ah, yes, the ol' "you don't think what I think so you must be ignorant and if you only knew what I know then you'd be forced to think what I think" argument.

You know that goes both ways, right? You also realize how completely asinine that is, right?

It's not "spoon feeding" to back your assertion with either evidence or some sort of reasoning/logic.

You're acting like the crazy dude at the bar who is busy mumbling to himself about something and occasionally gets loud enough to be heard by those around him.

I don't know if I want to take pity and buy you a drink, give you a hug and tell you it'll be alright, or just let you keep on rambling to yourself.

We'll all be here for when you want to have a discussion or a debate. Until then, don't get too loud with those baseless assertions.

I live 20 minutes from Brunswick where this happened. I had actually duck hunted with Travis McMichael through mutual friends. Here's my take on what happened, just my opinion. I've watched the video of the shooting several times. It don't lie. Firstly, they absolutely did not run down some innocent kid jogging in their neighborhood and kill him. TM surely thought that he would exit the truck with the gun, AA would see it and surrender until the police showed it. But AA ran directly at TM and grabbed the gun. TM never shouldered the gun. If I remember correctly all three shots were fired with AA holding the barrel end of the gun. Bad deal all the way around. Like an old man told me years ago...never pull a gun unless you're prepared to use it. AA was not the well dressed kid in his yearbook picture the media uses. That picture was 10 years old. He was a thug and had a long rap sheet and was scoping out the house.
Thanks for the post Dusty, that's the kind of thing the media does. They also all but buried that Arbery had trespassed multiple times at the same location for whatever reason, the pictures are at night. I'm not suggesting that alone should get a man killed of course.

Ah, yes, the ol' "you don't think what I think so you must be ignorant and if you only knew what I know then you'd be forced to think what I think" argument.

You know that goes both ways, right? You also realize how completely asinine that is, right?

It's not "spoon feeding" to back your assertion with either evidence or some sort of reasoning/logic.

You're acting like the crazy dude at the bar who is busy mumbling to himself about something and occasionally gets loud enough to be heard by those around him.

I don't know if I want to take pity and buy you a drink, give you a hug and tell you it'll be alright, or just let you keep on rambling to yourself.

We'll all be here for when you want to have a discussion or a debate. Until then, don't get too loud with those baseless assertions.
No. I get tired of people that don't put in the smallest amount of research before they comment or form an opinion. I'm not here to debate or educate you on this particular subject. I pointed you in a direction and if you're too busy or lazy to research then that's on you.

it will be very difficult for prosecutors to prove racism, but the link shared today has a lot of evidence....
A prosecutor would have to establish a pattern of prior racist behavior, or clear and convincing evidence that a crime was racially motivated. Calling someone the "n" word in the heat of the moment is nowhere near enough for a legal standard.

A prosecutor would have to establish a pattern of prior racist behavior, or clear and convincing evidence that a crime was racially motivated. Calling someone the "n" word in the heat of the moment is nowhere near enough for a legal standard.
not only does the link provided earlier today prove a pattern of racist behavior, how does using the N word in the heat of a moment not enough for a legal standard?

I live 20 minutes from Brunswick where this happened. I had actually duck hunted with Travis McMichael through mutual friends. Here's my take on what happened, just my opinion. I've watched the video of the shooting several times. It don't lie. Firstly, they absolutely did not run down some innocent kid jogging in their neighborhood and kill him. TM surely thought that he would exit the truck with the gun, AA would see it and surrender until the police showed it. But AA ran directly at TM and grabbed the gun. TM never shouldered the gun. If I remember correctly all three shots were fired with AA holding the barrel end of the gun. Bad deal all the way around. Like an old man told me years ago...never pull a gun unless you're prepared to use it. AA was not the well dressed kid in his yearbook picture the media uses. That picture was 10 years old. He was a thug and had a long rap sheet and was scoping out the house.
The first and largest mistake was that ol pops and his son are NOT cops and shouldn't have played cops. They made the mistake of trying to chase the guy down and hold him at gun point and that isn't a great start to claiming self defense. If I remember right ol pops had been a cop but wasn't anymore he should have known better. I don't give a rip even if the guy was prowling the construction site it still doesn't justify what they did. Even if he hadnt grabbed the gun and been shot the three numbnuts would still be up on charges for illegal detainment, kidnapping, assault, criminal mischief, brandishing, etc. ect. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.......

No. I get tired of people that don't put in the smallest amount of research before they comment or form an opinion. I'm not here to debate or educate you on this particular subject. I pointed you in a direction and if you're too busy or lazy to research then that's on you.
Hot damn, I called it.

I know what you need. Come here big guy, bring it in.

1645074657840.jpeg

It'll be alright. You, will be alright.

There is no evidence he was scoping out the house, and the good old boys were obviously lying in wait. He grabbed the barrel because he likely felt it was his only choice. I wouldn't have gotten in their pickup either, once you're in an assailant's vehicle you're probably dead. I'm sorry about your duck hunting partner.
I do not think that is true. I did not follow the trial carefully and it is unclear to me what evidence of AA's prior record and having been caught in the house before was kept out of the trial. The guy working in his yard was obviously not lying in wait. You have no idea of why AA grabbed the barrel of the gun. You were not there and have had no discussion with AA. So all you are offering is your wild speculation. The undisputed facts are that AA grabbed the barrel before TM fired it. So there is a fair possibility that it would not have been fired at all, had he not grabbed it. We will never know. But we can probably agree that if someone was trying to forcibly disarm us we would shoot them. Where do you come up with getting in the vehicle? Is this just another speculation on your part? To me the bottom line is that AA actions were consistent with him trying to escape. Until you can come up with actual evidence or law to rebut Andrew Branka's analyis, you are not going to persuade me that his is wrong.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top