JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well I have done the 9mm with endomag. Maybe ill do a 45 in the future...
I am thinking about trying a 45acp build using this lower as I already have G21 mags on hand.

This barrel:

And one of these bolts:

The only other parts I might need are buffer related parts.

Last Edited:
I originally built this back in the 90s and recently updated the upper. .45 acp. My favorite carbine that has won me a few trophies in competition shoots. I love this gun and have had it for 26 years.

IMG_20210510_174540222.jpg

Last Edited:
If I bought one of these bolts and a 10mm barrel I could cover 10mm and probably shoot 40 put it too. So many options and so little time.

Here is in stock barrel:

Looks those 10mm products are OOS.

My personal opinion is you gain a lot more with a carbine barrel in terms of velocity with 9mm vs 45ACP, so 9mm seems a more sensible choice to me. That said, I still kind of want a 45ACP carbine. Just because.

Oh now I am getting ideas too lol.

I put my 9mm together with a 5" barrel and a long (4.5" i think) forward compensator. I can get about 1350fps out of it with 115grain. The same ammo did 1200fps out of my polymer 80 G17 build. Just under 1200fps out of my SS80 G43.

I wonder what velocity the 45acp could produce?

Oh now I am getting ideas too lol.

I put my 9mm together with a 5" barrel and a long (4.5" i think) forward compensator. I can get about 1350fps out of it with 115grain. The same ammo did 1200fps out of my polymer 80 G17 build. Just under 1200fps out of my SS80 G43.

I wonder what velocity the 45acp could produce?
A banshee 45 Upper can run 45 super no problem. That's about 1300 FPS with 185 grain ammo.

OK, I posted my AR45 earlier that I originaly built 26 years ago but at the same time I also have built a cuople of 9mms as well. I built the Carbine 6 years ago and the pistol shortly after. Way before Inslee's BS untracable/undectable thing was introduced. I built the carbine from an 80% polymer receiver and the pistol from an 80%er aluminum receiver. I recent added the pistol brace and tube to the pistol thanx to Saffir here on the forum and I really like it.

IMG_20210923_172135037.jpg

I am thinking about trying a 45acp build using this lower as I already have G21 mags on hand.

This barrel:

And one of these bolts:

The only other parts I might need are buffer related parts.
I am still tossing around the idea of an AR45 build. I found cheaper prices on barrel and bolt but a dedicated glock 45acp/10mm lower is still running about $150 shipped from Joe Bobs. Slick side upper and barrel are $124 total shipped from Gorilla Machining and a KAK bolt is about $115 from DTT. This set up would allow me to easily change over the barrel to 10mm when a deal comes along on a 10mm barrel.

Any reason to think these components will get much cheaper in the near future?

Last Edited:
I am still tossing around the idea of an AR45 build. I found cheaper prices on barrel and bolt but a dedicated glock 45acp/10mm lower is still running about $145 shipped from Joe Bobs. Slick side upper and barrel are $124 total shipped from Gorilla Machining and a KAK bolt is about $115 from DTT. This set up would allow me to easily change over the barrel to 10mm when a deal comes along on a 10mm barrel.

Any reason to think these components will get much cheaper in the near future?
Pretty inexpensive compared to what other people (me) are paying...

If I wanted a Glock pattern AR9 I would snoop around this (among others) website :
I picked up a glock pattern PSA 9mm/40 lower from a WA member a while back but haven't put it together yet. I have multiple 9mm uppers already but none for the 45 or 10mm cartridge.

I would jump on this pistol length 45acp upper if it came with bolt: https://www.deltateamtactical.com/d...barrel-m-lok-handguard-assembled-or-8697.html

Me having already built a spartan glock mag upper lower from joe bobs in 9mm. The gun has been flawless and I decided to make a duplicate in 45acp. Only diffence is a 5.25 barrel and longer handgaurd. Just need to get out and shoot it. Joe bobs lowers are hard to beat

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top