JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well my first idea was a 50 beowulf in 8". But then I didnt want to get into another caliber. I wish there was a bolt action 500 magnum ar...

I would say dedicated 9mm glock lower for the first build. Ammo is way cheaper and more available. I have built a 4.5" barreled 9mm using a joe Bob's outfitters upper and lower. Added an omega9k suppressor and enjoy. Only thing that I fiddled with was LRBHO and it has been flawless.
No offense but I really don"t care for other gun manufactures to make anything Glock mag compatible. For a manufacturer it is the lazy easy way out to make things work. Glock mags are for Glocks.....simple. Just my opinion. I try and stay away from that trap.

The Glock "happy" sticks are super reliable relatively inexpensive and can be found just about anywhere. No need for AR manufactures to reinvent the wheel when they don't have to.

I personally would not run any PCC or AR pistol with any other caliber than 9mm with an extended capacity mag(s). I've had good luck with M&P mags as well. The fun factor for me is greatly diminished, if you limit capacity to single stack. YMMV.

No offense but I really don"t care for other gun manufactures to make anything Glock mag compatible. For a manufacturer it is the lazy easy way out to make things work. Glock mags are for Glocks.....simple. Just my opinion. I try and stay away from that trap.
Truth be known, I don't care for the "Glock Grip Angle" mags stickin out of my AR on that angle.
Therefore I went for the Colt pattern straight mags for the WWII Sgt. Saunders look.
And they work, too.
When loaded, those 32 round steel mags double as night sticks.
NiC-Saunders-tank.jpg

I too prefer the straight Colt style mags. Still have a dedicated Spikes lower that I retired a few years ago sitting in the safe. I do enjoy my current lower that has magwells for Glock and M&P slightly more.

The colt style mags are built like a brick chit house! I pity the fool who gets "pistol" whipped with a fully loaded one. 🤣

Well, I think im gonna curb the pistol caliber for now. I'm probably gonna use the lower for the Beowulf I had in mind, really want a big bore lol.

Well, I think im gonna curb the pistol caliber for now. I'm probably gonna use the lower for the Beowulf I had in mind, really want a big bore lol.
I built a 12.7x42 aka 50 Beowulf a few months ago. Still looking to buy the bcg. That seems to be the hardest part for me to find. Had a Beowulf years ago and kinda missed the thumper.

20210211_184925.jpg 20210211_184940.jpg

I dont mind, Its all good. I'm just thinking with all the adaptors and whatnot id be in more than building a 50cal. The pistol caliber might be better with a designated lower. Seems like a cleaner build to me.

I always wanted a 9mm ar, years and years and finally got one. Then two then three. All Colt/Hahn. All metalform.

Put them together and they go go go.

I would still rub one out on the firing line to have a ar45 as well

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top