JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well I have done the 9mm with endomag. Maybe ill do a 45 in the future...
I am thinking about trying a 45acp build using this lower as I already have G21 mags on hand.

This barrel:

And one of these bolts:

The only other parts I might need are buffer related parts.

Last Edited:
I originally built this back in the 90s and recently updated the upper. .45 acp. My favorite carbine that has won me a few trophies in competition shoots. I love this gun and have had it for 26 years.

IMG_20210510_174540222.jpg

Last Edited:
If I bought one of these bolts and a 10mm barrel I could cover 10mm and probably shoot 40 put it too. So many options and so little time.

Here is in stock barrel:

Looks those 10mm products are OOS.

My personal opinion is you gain a lot more with a carbine barrel in terms of velocity with 9mm vs 45ACP, so 9mm seems a more sensible choice to me. That said, I still kind of want a 45ACP carbine. Just because.

Oh now I am getting ideas too lol.

I put my 9mm together with a 5" barrel and a long (4.5" i think) forward compensator. I can get about 1350fps out of it with 115grain. The same ammo did 1200fps out of my polymer 80 G17 build. Just under 1200fps out of my SS80 G43.

I wonder what velocity the 45acp could produce?

Oh now I am getting ideas too lol.

I put my 9mm together with a 5" barrel and a long (4.5" i think) forward compensator. I can get about 1350fps out of it with 115grain. The same ammo did 1200fps out of my polymer 80 G17 build. Just under 1200fps out of my SS80 G43.

I wonder what velocity the 45acp could produce?
A banshee 45 Upper can run 45 super no problem. That's about 1300 FPS with 185 grain ammo.

OK, I posted my AR45 earlier that I originaly built 26 years ago but at the same time I also have built a cuople of 9mms as well. I built the Carbine 6 years ago and the pistol shortly after. Way before Inslee's BS untracable/undectable thing was introduced. I built the carbine from an 80% polymer receiver and the pistol from an 80%er aluminum receiver. I recent added the pistol brace and tube to the pistol thanx to Saffir here on the forum and I really like it.

IMG_20210923_172135037.jpg

I am thinking about trying a 45acp build using this lower as I already have G21 mags on hand.

This barrel:

And one of these bolts:

The only other parts I might need are buffer related parts.
I am still tossing around the idea of an AR45 build. I found cheaper prices on barrel and bolt but a dedicated glock 45acp/10mm lower is still running about $150 shipped from Joe Bobs. Slick side upper and barrel are $124 total shipped from Gorilla Machining and a KAK bolt is about $115 from DTT. This set up would allow me to easily change over the barrel to 10mm when a deal comes along on a 10mm barrel.

Any reason to think these components will get much cheaper in the near future?

Last Edited:
I am still tossing around the idea of an AR45 build. I found cheaper prices on barrel and bolt but a dedicated glock 45acp/10mm lower is still running about $145 shipped from Joe Bobs. Slick side upper and barrel are $124 total shipped from Gorilla Machining and a KAK bolt is about $115 from DTT. This set up would allow me to easily change over the barrel to 10mm when a deal comes along on a 10mm barrel.

Any reason to think these components will get much cheaper in the near future?
Pretty inexpensive compared to what other people (me) are paying...

If I wanted a Glock pattern AR9 I would snoop around this (among others) website :
I picked up a glock pattern PSA 9mm/40 lower from a WA member a while back but haven't put it together yet. I have multiple 9mm uppers already but none for the 45 or 10mm cartridge.

I would jump on this pistol length 45acp upper if it came with bolt: https://www.deltateamtactical.com/d...barrel-m-lok-handguard-assembled-or-8697.html

Me having already built a spartan glock mag upper lower from joe bobs in 9mm. The gun has been flawless and I decided to make a duplicate in 45acp. Only diffence is a 5.25 barrel and longer handgaurd. Just need to get out and shoot it. Joe bobs lowers are hard to beat

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top