JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been gathering the parts to build an AR15 for a while now. I am almost there. My question is, if I put this:
1935.jpg
Palmetto State Armory Mil-Spec Carry Handle
on this:
7780161.jpg
<broken link removed>

what kind of front sight will I need and how do I attach it?
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/palmetto-state-armory-mil-spec-carry-handle.html

So there are ones that attach to the front of the rail, not the barrel. Will they all be the correct height, or are there different sizes I should look for?

Also hopefully I can find one a bit cheaper than $60 (and in stock :D).

Hey, it's your rifle. You are the one to use it, so what you say, makes enough sense to me!! I bought them, or they came on the upper. Mine take up space on the shelf of my safe.

Got it all put together and was surprised how heavy it was! I knew all the pieces were heavy individually, but it just never hit me until I picked up the finished gun. Wow, I would not want to drag this through mud and jungle!

How many pounds does it weigh roughly?

Good question. I don't have a scale to measure it. The assembled upper weighs 3.75 lbs. Casting about, billet lowers come in at about 8-9 oz, so another half pound. Buffer tube 3.7 oz, add another (estimated) 3oz for stock, trigger, pins, grip, etc. Six pounds? Seemed heavier than that.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top