JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been gathering the parts to build an AR15 for a while now. I am almost there. My question is, if I put this:
1935.jpg
Palmetto State Armory Mil-Spec Carry Handle
on this:
7780161.jpg
<broken link removed>

what kind of front sight will I need and how do I attach it?
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/palmetto-state-armory-mil-spec-carry-handle.html

So there are ones that attach to the front of the rail, not the barrel. Will they all be the correct height, or are there different sizes I should look for?

Also hopefully I can find one a bit cheaper than $60 (and in stock :D).

Hey, it's your rifle. You are the one to use it, so what you say, makes enough sense to me!! I bought them, or they came on the upper. Mine take up space on the shelf of my safe.

Got it all put together and was surprised how heavy it was! I knew all the pieces were heavy individually, but it just never hit me until I picked up the finished gun. Wow, I would not want to drag this through mud and jungle!

How many pounds does it weigh roughly?

Good question. I don't have a scale to measure it. The assembled upper weighs 3.75 lbs. Casting about, billet lowers come in at about 8-9 oz, so another half pound. Buffer tube 3.7 oz, add another (estimated) 3oz for stock, trigger, pins, grip, etc. Six pounds? Seemed heavier than that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top