JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking to buy a armoers tool to put single point sling mounts on a couple of my rifles. Looking at armorer tools on eBay I see .most tools are in the 20-30 $ range then I see magpul for over a hundred. I am new to working on AR's. What do I need to spend for a good wrench what wrench do you recommend and why?

I have a DPMS armorer's tool and it does just fine. You can find them online for well under $40.

F506552B-F20B-4920-956D-95A23D48DA0B.jpeg

I am looking to buy a armoers tool to put single point sling mounts on a couple of my rifles. Looking at armorer tools on eBay I see .most tools are in the 20-30 $ range then I see magpul for over a hundred. I am new to working on AR's. What do I need to spend for a good wrench what wrench do you recommend and why?
If you just want to monkey with changing out an "endplate", you don't need a full-blown armorer's wrench. Those are built to handle the barrel nut (more demanding task) as well.
You just need a castle nut wrench.
https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-...wrenches/ar-15-m4-stock-wrench-prod16882.aspx

38-42 ft lbs is your torque range (if you have a wrench that can accommodate a torque wrench)
The Tech Manual says to stake your castle nut. You should if you are building a patrol grade rifle.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top