JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking to buy a armoers tool to put single point sling mounts on a couple of my rifles. Looking at armorer tools on eBay I see .most tools are in the 20-30 $ range then I see magpul for over a hundred. I am new to working on AR's. What do I need to spend for a good wrench what wrench do you recommend and why?

I have a DPMS armorer's tool and it does just fine. You can find them online for well under $40.

F506552B-F20B-4920-956D-95A23D48DA0B.jpeg

I am looking to buy a armoers tool to put single point sling mounts on a couple of my rifles. Looking at armorer tools on eBay I see .most tools are in the 20-30 $ range then I see magpul for over a hundred. I am new to working on AR's. What do I need to spend for a good wrench what wrench do you recommend and why?
If you just want to monkey with changing out an "endplate", you don't need a full-blown armorer's wrench. Those are built to handle the barrel nut (more demanding task) as well.
You just need a castle nut wrench.
https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-...wrenches/ar-15-m4-stock-wrench-prod16882.aspx

38-42 ft lbs is your torque range (if you have a wrench that can accommodate a torque wrench)
The Tech Manual says to stake your castle nut. You should if you are building a patrol grade rifle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top