JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So this is like saying "which do you carry, a phillips head or flat head screwdriver?" Being a tool using hominid, I use whatever does the job better. The Flat head can be used to remove phillips screws, but does it badly, even then a flathead screw is slower to drive than a phillips, but it kinda doesn't matter if the head is stripped.

Over the years, I've owned both, really what keeps me away from the AK is two-fold: weight, accessories. The ammo is heavier, the gun is heavier, the mags are heavier, and given that there's a general desire to limit the flow of russian weapons and ammunition into the US the cost advantage has largely disappeared.

What I think gets lost in the AR/AK debate, is there are plenty of other very capable rifles out there that really get overshadowed by this debate. The FAL and the M1A both hit a lot harder and in the case of the M1A is at least as accurate as the AR platform. However, both of these come at the cost of weight and well... cost.

The inherent marksmanship of any weapon is determined by the application of the inherent marksmanship of the operator.[/QUOTE]

What??? The AR "Service Rifle" 20 inch iron sights. Is capable of perfect
scores at 600 yards in Highpower rifle competition. The Ak? You are lucky
if you can hit the paper.

What about the VZ-58. It's my favorite AK styled rifle, now that I've replaced the folding stock with a fixed shoulder stock.
The shorter gas piston helps accuracy, way better safety switch and the lighter weight milled steel receiver and aluminum mags helps keep the weight down.

vzvsak.jpg

At least the French version of the Mini has a French walnut stock, flat butt w/rubber butt plate, checkering and a vertical slot like a M-1 Carbine for the sling strap.

th?id=JN.LNcqdbphFa1k0WBZf6EgCw&pid=15.1&P=0.jpg
Notice the folding mag release

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews