JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

AR or AK?

• AR is the obvious choice.

Votes: 32 68.1%
  • Nyet! AK better than flimsy Capitalist girlie junk!

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • AK, but only a modernized version like the PSAK

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Both suck. Get a SCAR, MCX, a fancy bullpup, etc., or you are just LARPing without any class

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters
If you can afford it, get three of each.

Is there such a thing as 'too many rifles'?

B03F101B-CE49-4824-BAC1-E1A8A2426562.jpeg

Well crap sorry to spam the thread but I gotta make one last quick point.

How many AK's has Robski tested that lasted too terribly long? He said most don't make it past about 5k and I recall him mentioning the metal stretching and having the headspace grow. Idk about the rest of you but I've never really head of headspace growing in an AR
HAVE YOU?
Could have sworn he has a wasr that just kept working well past the 5k mark. Battle las vegas had AKs that lasted way longer without stretching (tens of thousands mind you, close to 100k).

My generalized opinion, whichever you own and can afford to train with consistently. My personal choice would be an AR15 or and AR piston variant (MCX, PWS) but I would not hesitate to grab an AK if needed.

The best thing about the AK, to me, is the charging handle. I REALLY like it, being a lefty. Though if it mattered that much to me, there are side charging AR variants I could buy. There are not a lot of things the AK can do that the AR can't. The opposite isn't necessarily true

As a medical professional, I have to marvel at how the poll results very closely parallel our known mental health parameters from the population in general.

83% of the population is relatively sound and stable. Then there's about 17% who will just stick their dick in a light socket because someone said so.

So everything looks normal here. Carry on.
:s0140:

Anyone remember those T-shirts and bumper stickers that said, "Why be normal?"

I'm not gonna say what you can't do with your own gun but I'd probably avoid trying to use an AR as a warhammer. But I'd probably avoid using any rifle that way tbf.
I'll agree there! I'm really interested, though, in what an AK can do that an AR can't. The only thing I'm aware of is that they are reportedly harder to bend having a one piece receiver.

Curious as to what those things are?
Shoot a sub .5" moa group consistently. Suppress without having a giant BCG slamming forward loudly. Not eating scopes for the bigger framed AK's, real nice match triggers (although my nice adj. Ak trigger is pretty scary nice and light, and also the CMC's are good too) but by in large match ak triggers aren't too common, not like AR's are. BHO release button, install a can with relative certainty that the bore will be concentric and not baffle strike without testing it?

Just a few off the top of my head.

Shoot a sub .5" moa group consistently. Suppress without having a giant BCG slamming forward loudly. Not eating scopes for the bigger framed AK's, real nice match triggers (although my nice adj. Ak trigger is pretty scary nice and light, and also the CMC's are good too) but by in large match ak triggers aren't too common, not like AR's are. BHO release button, install a can with relative certainty that the bore will be concentric and not baffle strike without testing it?

Just a few off the top of my head.
Those sound more like AR advantages... Not being an AK owner I always thought they typically were 2-4 MOA (fine for CQB) and suffered bore egocentricity issues, etc.. I also thought that AK's didn't support a BHO unless you got the Kreb's modification.

Those sound more like AR advantages... Not being an AK owner I always thought they typically were 2-4 MOA (fine for CQB) and suffered bore egocentricity issues, etc.. I also thought that AK's didn't support a BHO unless you got the Kreb's modification.
Oh sorry I did read that as a double neg. When it was only a standard neg. My bad. Yes that is all correct, and I don't really consider the Krebs a good bolt hold open. Its the best out of a bad situation.

So folding stock in standard config..? Struggling to think of any others.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top