JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

AR or AK?

• AR is the obvious choice.

Votes: 32 68.1%
  • Nyet! AK better than flimsy Capitalist girlie junk!

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • AK, but only a modernized version like the PSAK

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Both suck. Get a SCAR, MCX, a fancy bullpup, etc., or you are just LARPing without any class

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters
Hell with that!!. Know how to use your weapon and your enemy's weapon, just might come in handy. Not to mention the AK is basically a shrunk down M14.
Wrong.

The answer is a shrunk down .308 Galil. :D

FD7ED940-E412-43F2-BDD8-208A9FFB2407.jpeg

Kinda...That gun has been used by every enemy against us, just doesnt feel right owning one or shooting one! Kinda like not having any WWII German/Nazi memorabilia just not into it. Some are im not that guy! besides i can go 300BO or 308 if i want a bigger bang!
My AKs were made in Bulgaria and Romania. I don't think the US has ever been at war with either.

But seriously, I get what you're saying. I just don't attach any connotation to my firearms other than that of a designated tool.

I think if you limit the poll to iron sights only, the vote would be closer.

I have a RDS on both.
I know it can be done but IMO the AK just doesnt lend itself to optics like the AR has. It was a natural progression for the AR to utilize optics, the AK mounts not so much due to its upper reciever being a wobbly removable cover.
Not that a decked out AK isnt in the running, but AR wins for the modularity.

I have several AR but only AK47 which is a WASR-10. The AK is great fun at the range but if something bad happens I am using my AR. I like the modularity of the AR so I can pick and choose parts and the ammunition is more readily available in the United States.

It's the round over the platform for me. I like my AR47. It delivers a 30 cal round with less recoil and more accurately than traditional AK47. For a lone person in a survival/defense scenario, I have always been a fan of the AK. In that situation I envision Escape and Evasion over Running and Gunning.

Being a person that shoots the hell outta both AR and AKs the right answer is both. If I am defending my home give me the AK, away from home for a long length of time I will take the AR. There is no perfect rifle, only rifles for different situations. Just my opinion, yours may differ.

Last Edited:
Lol pretty biased statement, you can say that to all shooters as there is plenty of brass/aluminum/steelcase rounds left by shooters that are not shooting AKs.
Ok, how about this, most all steel cased ammo is made abroad…
To all of you that shoot your AR's and AK's on public and private (forest) lands please pick up your trash, commie cases are considered trash.

Feel better now?

RE : Picking up.

After the war, a lot of businesses were started with the brass "found" on the battlefields.

I'm thinking of all those pretty brass ornaments.....
Made in Japan,
Made in Korea,
Made in VN,
etc.... etc.....

Aloha, Mark

My go-to is a Romanian Draco that has a tax stamp and a rear trunnion installed plus a Romanian wire side folder. It's compact, can fit in a backpack, deploys quickly, and packs a serious wallop.

My out-the-door rifle currently is an H&K 91, complete with loaded chest pouch... I'd do the same for an FAL but don't have a chest pouch for it. Actually for years my o t d rifle was an M1A, but I sold it when I realised that I'm too old and in no condition for this sh*t...
HK91? Dang that's old school goodness.

I would think the only advantage the AK platform would have over the AR is durability. In an indoor self-defense scenario, AR 300 B.O. subsonic pistol would be just as good considering the ballistics are similar and there wouldn't be dirt or mud in your typical home. For a truck gun, from what I've read many encounters are usually within 50 yards; where 300 B.O./6.5 Grendel/350 Legend etc. or even 5.56 M855 using red dot sights could be used.

If you want a little more power there's 450 BM, 458 Socom and 50 Beuwolf.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top